Need help with prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

draven439

Need God's help to heal and put my marriage back together, I'm an alcoholic and I took my wife for granted so now she started a new relationship and wants to leave me, she says there's no hope but I know God can fix our relationship, I've surrendered my life to him and have started attending church and praying, I want his help to change and for him to revealed his power to my wife and show her that we can work things out the way God intended, I love her so much and I'm willing to do anything to have her fall in love with me again so we can raise our daughter together

G

gracethroughfaith

Need God's help to heal and put my marriage back together, I'm an alcoholic and I took my wife for granted so now she started a new relationship and wants to leave me, she says there's no hope but I know God can fix our relationship, I've surrendered my life to him and have started attending church and praying, I want his help to change and for him to revealed his power to my wife and show her that we can work things out the way God intended, I love her so much and I'm willing to do anything to have her fall in love with me again so we can raise our daughter together
draven:
You say you are an alcoholic!
I have a few questions for you in order to bring you to a right mind with the LORD. If you would like you can answer back in a personal message to me.

Ok; first, you share you have surrendered to God. Are you still drinking?

second, have you gone to the LORD and cofessed how youhave wronged him in how you have lived your life?

third, have you gone to your wife and confessed to her how you have wronged her in so many ways, and how sorry you truly are?
If you have not do not do this if your heart is not in it.

fourth, do you realize something greater than yourself has been set in motion in your life?

fifth, are you prepaired for what ever answer God may have for you?

Please take these questions to heart as I desire to help you come to a better understanding, through God's grace and mercy to those who fall upon him broken seeking his help.

By the grace of God I come to you in your time of trouble.

D

draven439

Hi yes I stopped drinking last Saturday, I consider my self an alcoholic because it will be a battle I have to go thru the rest if my life with God's help to not relapse, I have gone to the Lord and confessed my sins and to her saying how deeply sorry I am for all the wrong things and suffering I have caused her, I told her I do not blame her it is my fault she looked for someone else, I know God has bigger plans than just me, I am praying for the Lord for her salvation and I am willing to do anything the Lord asks me to, I plead to God for just one chance so I can be the Christian he wants me to be for my family

I

intercessorginger

First I would say, do not pressure or push your wife at all but pray about how you should approach her and minister to her. I would pray daily (and I mean daily) for her salvation. Then trust the Lord as to what he will accomplish in your life. What is impossible with man, is possible with God.Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

O

osawe

seeking first,the kingdom of God all other things will follow ever our wife if God say she is your wife

S

shekaniah

May God bless you with wisdom and understanding how to be the husband your family needs.
May your wive find grace in her heart to love you again.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Feb 11, 2012
What I am about to say will not tickle your ears, and may offend you, but its the word of God!

You must get righ with God first, IF you are addicted to alcohol(drunkard) and consider yourself saved, you are in great deception, you and your wife need to repent, put on sack cloth and ashes and repent on the scale of Nineveh, seek the mercy of God, forsake your vile sins, and pray God will relent and forgive you.

You cannot be a drunk and enter then kingdom, the word is clear, seek His mercy, and God will give you all the power and strength to overcome your addictions and sins, but they must stop in repentance, get right with God first, stop worrying about your wife, you both need to repent, and seek His great mercy!

What will be the end of those disobeying the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:17 For the time has come for the judgment to begin from the house of God. And if it first begins from us, what will be the end of those disobeying the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous one is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

1Pe 4:19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing, as to a faithful Creator.

When it comes to the message of the cross, and what constitutes a real saving faith in the professing Christian world, you don’t have to go far to see just how far off the mark the gospel being preached today has come!
Its miles, and miles away from what was established by Christ and His followers many centuries ago! Today the truth has become an outright lie, making it virtually impossible for the truly seeking individual to find any truth whatsoever in the churches and denominations today.
God has made it clear through His disciple Peter, that His judgment will begin first and foremost in the house of God, which is His church, but today the church system as we call it, is so far off from being the house of God, that His judgment is coming sooner than later!
How can anyone in this mess ever come to a saving faith, which is the simple message Christ and His devout followers preached right from the beginning, He cried, repent or perish, turn and forsake your evil ways, and follow me on the straight and narrow way!
But today it’s just the opposite, the house of God is more like a den of thieves, full of unconverted professing Christians, fighting with everything they have to preserve their saved in sin, substitution gospel, that is a far cry from what the early church taught and died for!
Now IF you do the research you can clearly see just how these powerful scriptures are coming into the light! Just go to most churches, or question the popular ministries, and it’s all the same message, of just confess, trust and believe Jesus took your place, and the wrath of God has been lifted from you, because you accepted this lie, telling you when you throw out all the fluff, that you can sin like the devil and still make it into the kingdom, because you said the prayer, cried a few tears, but did nothing to come before all mighty God the judge of all, broken and contrite in real repentance and a working faith in Love. Galatians 5-6, 2Corin 7-10-11.
For those who do not shake and tremble at these verses, you should do a quick check to make sure you faith hasn’t become shipwrecked!
Since God is making it clear it will be difficult for the saved to enter into the kingdom, He then states what about those who disobey His truth? What will be their end? And I don’t think He is telling us those who disobey are the ones who have not received Christ by saying a little prayer, hoping God will forgive and overlook all their sins against Him!
Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows, that he also will reap.
Gal 6:8 For he sowing to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh. But he sowing to the Spirit will reap life everlasting from the Spirit.
Now if those who do what is right by God are scarcely saved, then what hope has the wicked and ungodly have?
God wasn’t joking when He said, few will be saved, many will take the wide, easy road, His wrath is upon the children of disobedience, and you must endure to the end to be saved!
So it’s vital to understand that the provision gospel isn’t the answer, in fact it’s so far from the truth, that many will not escape the snare of the lie coming right from the pit, that says you can sin and live, God doesn’t see your wicked heart, but Jesus, He loves you as you keep feeding your flesh in lust, greed, and idolatry, ignoring His commands to repent or perish!
Jesus didn’t repent for you, He didn’t become your righteousness, or take your wrath or punishment as many teach today, But He did create us in His own image, pure, and willing and able to choose our path in life, which many have already! They believe they can sin and disobey God, because all is done for them, and they received the gift!(the mark)
That is why its imperative we all work out our salvation with fear and trembling, make our calling sure, be doers OF the word and overcomers of sin, temptation and the devil remaining undefiled from the world, stand fast in the truth, keeping it pure and holy as we keep ourselves as commanded, otherwise you will fall away into perdition and may not come to real repentance and faith, proven by deeds as commanded in the word of God.
There is no such thing as easy salvation, it does come with high price, and many saints have fallen away into sin, and worldliness, forsaking their first love, thus proving what God clearly says, that even the righteous will have a difficult time staying pure and in the faith!
Jesus made a way through His great example for us to follow and obey, it takes diligence, self-control, and a strong desire to be holy as He is holy, not by some sort of provision He made for you, but by obeying from the heart, that has been made pure through repentance and an obedient faith, not based on some magical substitution, but based on a real commitment to the truth, and following Jesus on the narrow road.
Many are called, but few are chosen, and the chosen ones are simply the once who have actually crucified their flesh with Christ, Galatians 2-20, have come out of all the lies and deception, and standing firm on the gospel according to godliness handed down to the saints of old, who knew what it meant to walk a holy and separate life unto God, not trusting in a false provision, but on the power of Christ that set them free from sin. Now walking an upright life shining their light into the dark world, keeping pure and undefiled less they become disqualified and useless to their master!
They committed themselves to doing good and what is right, thus making them righteous and acceptable to God, not being perfect as God is, but walking in all humility, keeping their eye on the prize, and being certain they remain in His will and power to keep them strong in a world filled with many temptations, lies and pitfalls!
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who does righteousness is righteous, even as that One is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He who (produces) sin is of the Devil, for the Devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was revealed, that He might undo the works of the Devil.
1Jn 3:9 Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin, because His seed remains in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
It’s about doing what is right because we all have free will and ability to do it, doing wrong, which is willful, presumptions sin against God is of the devil and not OF God, Jesus came to put to death the works of the devil, not take our place as we remain a poor, helpless sinner, struggling and fleshing out every day, and those who are born again through the baptism of repentance, and receiving the spirit of God, do not sin!
Tommy

S

Stephen

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult situation. The good news is that you have recognized you need to surrender all to God. Place the situation in His hands and trust Him. While I know you want to win your wife back the number one priority has to be growing in your walk with the Lord. You have to want the Lord more than you want your wife. Your wife may return or she may not.... but the Lord, if you are truly His, will never leave you or forsake you.
I must also comment that I worry about your wife. To leave you for another relationship regardless of your sin is troublesome. How can she hear His voice to reconcile while she lives in sin. I will pray for you to grow in Christ and I will pray she abandons her response to your sin with sin of her own.

I

Indubitably

You've received some sound advice here as well as some a little harsh. It may comfort you a little to know that your decision to turn from drink and other things that hindered your marriage will need to be evidenced before your wife. She will need to see the difference in you and only Jesus can deliver you completely and make that difference visible in you.

She's going to need some time and so are you. Spend this time seeking God, His Word and the fellowship of supporting believers who will encourage you to stay strong in your commitment to the Lord and help you stay free from alcohol. Then pray, pray, pray.

This didn't happen overnight and it will take some time for God to heal this situation and put the pieces back in place. Get some good spiritual counseling and let the folks at church know that you need their support. God has a plan for you but you ill need to stay close to Him to find it.

I will personally stand with you in prayer, that Go will have His way in this entire situation and that you will give Him Glory for the outcome, even if it's not one you want or understand.