Need prayers please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Djdntmrt

I am trying to remain as anonymous as possible. I am 18 years old, freshman at college. I was raised in church my whole life, but from age 14 to about a month ago, I was an atheist. I argued with Christians, and defended science with a passion. But for the past year, I really started thinking about purpose, my purpose and just the purpose of everything. On Sept 21, 2014 I -- crying my eyes out -- walked down and got saved at my home church.

But since I've been at college, I've been struggling with doubt a lot. One of my classes in particular focuses on evolution, and to be honest, it makes a lot of sense. I have a hard time trying to believe that it's not true. Also sometimes I guess I kinda think to myself, "You only got saved because you were homesick. You're not fooling anyone, you know deep down, you still don't believe."

Some days I'm reading my Bible and praying for hours, and I can really experience God. But other days I just feel like I'm lying to myself about this Christian thing, and I don't pray or even think about God at all.

B

butterfly712

Hello Djdntmrt and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here. :) I'm praying for you,Lord,Jesus, please let Djdntmrt see your goodness,and feel your prescence,in Lord Jesus name,Amen.

M

MadParrotWoman

I am trying to remain as anonymous as possible. I am 18 years old, freshman at college. I was raised in church my whole life, but from age 14 to about a month ago, I was an atheist. I argued with Christians, and defended science with a passion. But for the past year, I really started thinking about purpose, my purpose and just the purpose of everything. On Sept 21, 2014 I -- crying my eyes out -- walked down and got saved at my home church.

But since I've been at college, I've been struggling with doubt a lot. One of my classes in particular focuses on evolution, and to be honest, it makes a lot of sense. I have a hard time trying to believe that it's not true. Also sometimes I guess I kinda think to myself, "You only got saved because you were homesick. You're not fooling anyone, you know deep down, you still don't believe."

Some days I'm reading my Bible and praying for hours, and I can really experience God. But other days I just feel like I'm lying to myself about this Christian thing, and I don't pray or even think about God at all.
Ok, I hear you and I understand what you are saying. It's very difficult to remain in faith when all around you think secular - the world is secular.

There is SO MUCH evidence for God that I barely know where to begin. I believe that we are born knowing there is something else - something more but life talks us out of it. Many atheists simply don't want to believe because they fear changing their lifestyles but God gives us a new heart and we no longer want the same things and we acquire a new freedom we didn't think possible. Science and the Bible go hand-in-hand if you are prepared to study and find truth. Science will never disprove God because God is truth. Try a google search for names such as: James Tour and Ravi Zacharias, check out this ministry:Reasons To Believe : Where Modern Science & Faith Converge Some of the most highly respected men in their fields are Christians. Scientists have studied DNA and have become Christians because they have stated there has to be a brain behind DNA. Many more are closet Christians for fear of ridicule by their peers. There are astrophysicists, bio chemists, nano technicians...the list goes on, scientists of every field who have come to the conclusion that nothing couldn't have caused something when the world began. Read the book "The Case For Christ" and find "Answers in Genesis" online for answers to your questions.

Have you asked Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour? If not then please do so and pray! God bless you.

M

MadParrotWoman

I have read The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel and Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. And yes I have asked Jesus into my heart. But sometimes I just begin to doubt I guess. Sometimes arguments that I've read in other books when I was an atheist (by Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, etc.) pop in my mind.
I understand completely, I have heard other Christians telling of their struggles at college - it seems to be the place where doubts surface but I think the age of a young adult such as yourself is also significant. Keep the faith and pray without ceasing.

I think if you go on youtube you can find counter-arguments with Richard Dawkins. Actually Richard Dawkins is a very angry man, he was allegedly abused by a man of God. No wonder he is angry with God....who he thinks doesn't exist??

M

MadParrotWoman

By the way, it's ok to doubt which is different from unbelief. :)

P

pastac

This typically happens in secular schools who focus on a variety of teachings. It is also not unheard of in bible college at 18 you have begun a journey that will be tested and as a new believer if the enemy can steal the seed before it takes root then he has accomplished his mission. Keep reading keep praying find a group of true believers to gain strength from and by all means be aware. You will be in my prayers.

B

bluebirdchaser

Hey, you're welcome here, and I'm definitely praying for you. I know the feeling. I've had my faith rocked since being in college, even in Bible based classes! It's hard to get used to feeling like we don't know everything. You're definitely in my prayers. Don't give up!

C

Chezz

Welcome to CC..I will be praying for you:)