Need some encouragment to stay strong...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Skylyn

I'm very new here on Christian chat, and I can see already that its going to be a huge blessing to be a part of. I love to correspond with fellow believers. I have been a christian for a while, and I have seen the Lords faithfulness so many times over the years...but I have been in the Valley for a long time now, waiting patiently for the Lord to bring the fruit in areas of my life. Well here is where I really need some encouragement...My husband who I have been married to for 22 years now is suffering from dementia, possibly Alztimers. He is 10 years older than me, and he is still fairly young to have this. This past year it has progressed rapidly. With increasing concerns from family, friends,co-workers.As a result our marriage no doubt has suffered, at no fault of my husband. I feel more like his guadian, than wife. Well I see a very long lonely road ahead of me. We have became more like friends, not husband & wife. My husband just retired from our local timber mill after working there for 39 years as an equipment operator. This would have been our time to enjoy retirement ect..but as it is now, I feel 100% alone except of course I know the Lord is close to me daily.
My faith seems to want to take a nose dive often, because I have seen all the creativity of my husband just dissapear. I really need some encouragement to not allow fears get into my heart. We live in the Country , my husband nearly built our entire house & has been such a country guy who has loved working on our land. He no longer is able to really do anything. I need to stay strong...Sincerely Skylyn

B

beckyz

In time like these I cling to this verse:

Isaiah 50:10
For those of you who stumble in the dark with no light, Trust in the Name of your Lord, and Rely on Your God.

There are no easy answers for what you are going through. I lost my dad to lung cancer last year. I still wonder why God had to take my daddy from me. But His timing is perfect and He has a reason, I'm learning to trust that and to just let him lead the way.

S

Skylyn

Thank-you beckyz...sometimes a little encouragement can go a long way. I will meditate on that scripture:)

K

kayem77

Stay strong! sometimes God let us pass trough hard situations because they are the only way to get where we are meant to get. This is something I always try to keep in mind because sometimes it's hard. I'm praying for you :). Also, I hope these verses encourages you.

Isaiah 43:2
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Psalms 147:3
3 He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.

Psalms 91:15
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.

B

bajansugark

Psalm 46 Vs 1 I ask that you read this verse when ever you feel its too much to bear. God loves both of you and he wont give you more than you can stand.I will pray for both of you.

B

BrittanyJones

Wow, your post brought tears to my eyes. *hugs* I read the psalms a lot! Has helped me through so much difficult and lonely times! Bless!!

B

BrittanyJones

The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

Psalm 23

T

Tobby17

Psalm34:19 Many are the afflictions of d righteous but God delivers him from them all. And don't be afraid! The same God which healed the woman with the issue of blood for 10 years is still the same today. Hence his word says in Malachi 3:6 dat he is the Lord and changes not. I'm also trusting on him for freedom Plz alwayz trust in d word of d Lord. Bcoz hiz word will neva fail. Isaiah 3:10 says ALL WILL BE WELL with d righteous. It's well with you In Jesus Name!!!!

S

Skylyn

Thankyou so much for all the wonderful encouragment, its has helped tremendously!! .......Blesssing Skylyn

T

Tobby17

And Skylyn, i made a mistake with d woman of the issue of blood. it's not 10 years, it's 25 years i think..
But dat doesn't matter, what matters is dat God healed her and he will heal ur husband too. :D

L

LordsAussieRooGal

Hello skylyn, well i read your message, am so sorry to hear that, it touched my heart very much, I would love to pray with you if you like. I have few scriptures here i found helpful as well, hope thats ok.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good COURAGE, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

2 Samuel 22:33
God [is] my strength [and] power: and he maketh my way perfect.

Psalms 102:1
Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.

I hope they help a little, and my prayers will be with you as well....
As i know life must seem on the pit atm, but in my eyes i thin its a challene and we all go through many them, am sorry for your hearache.... GBU Tanyia:)

L

LordsAussieRooGal

And Skylyn, i made a mistake with d woman of the issue of blood. it's not 10 years, it's 25 years i think..
But dat doesn't matter, what matters is dat God healed her and he will heal ur husband too. :D
Hi tobby yes i had made a huge one costed me 12 years of utter torture..amen am free

angelpie

Jan 8, 2009
Hey just read this Bles your family, keep trying your best & other Doors will Open up. peace from angelpie

S

Skylyn

Thankyou for all the wonderful prayers & scriptures, I do feel stronger after reading all the responces.....love Skylyn