Need some help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tomahojo

May 6, 2023
Clearwater FL
In the midst of writing an explanation for how something I wrote came to be, a sort of outline came out. There was no intention on my part to create anything like this, the words flowed and were recorded.

When making the second pass to begin tying the seemingly unrelated pieces together I realized the gravity of where this is leading and the complexity of the concepts. The outline started at eight pages - three of them previously written. Don't want to get it wrong...

There are several people I know that could and would comment, but looking for some real insight from those not afraid to speak Truth. Someone you know usually will sugar coat responses... Don't want sugar, want Truth and Love to be declared boldly from the rooftops.

This is a work in progress, still an outline of sorts. Constructive comments and suggestions welcome. Think it is trash? Then be nice, but speak it.

Tony

Attachments

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
In the midst of writing an explanation for how something I wrote came to be, a sort of outline came out. There was no intention on my part to create anything like this, the words flowed and were recorded.

When making the second pass to begin tying the seemingly unrelated pieces together I realized the gravity of where this is leading and the complexity of the concepts. The outline started at eight pages - three of them previously written. Don't want to get it wrong...

There are several people I know that could and would comment, but looking for some real insight from those not afraid to speak Truth. Someone you know usually will sugar coat responses... Don't want sugar, want Truth and Love to be declared boldly from the rooftops.

This is a work in progress, still an outline of sorts. Constructive comments and suggestions welcome. Think it is trash? Then be nice, but speak it.

Tony
Hi, Tony.

I have only read about 3/4 of the first page so far. Up to this point, it reads well, and makes sense, but I am noticing several places where you have either omitted a comma or a semi-colon, and I think that you meant to use the word "effect" instead of the word "affect" on that page as well.

I am not mentioning these things as a member of the "grammar police". Instead, I am wondering if punctuation and the like matter to you or if you are just concerned about the content itself. Please let me know. Thank you.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
That should read "and its view", and not "and it's view", at the bottom of page 1. Again, I am not seeking to criticize. Instead, I am merely guessing or assuming that you want to use proper grammar and punctuation in your writing. If you do want some help with missing punctuation, then I can make some recommendations for you.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
Okay.

I just finished reading the whole thing, and here are my thoughts.

First and foremost, I feel your heart in what you have written, and I believe that your heart is in the right place. Basically, it seems as if you are seeking to awaken or create a realization within Christians that they are not their own. Not only in relation to God himself, but also in relation to other Christians as well in that we are all members of one and the same body of Christ, and the functionality of each individual part is of utmost importance to the functionality of the whole. To this point, you might want to consider including some of these portions of scripture in your writing or at least references to them.

1 Corinthians 12:12-27
Colossians 2:19
Ephesians 4:15-16
Romans 12:4-8

As far as things like spelling, punctuation, grammar, and even sentence structure, at times, are concerned, I would recommend several simple adjustments.

Jul 12, 2021
Okay.

First and foremost, I feel your heart in what you have written, and I believe that your heart is in the right place. Basically, it seems as if you are seeking to awaken or create a realization within Christians that they are not their own. Not only in relation to God himself, but also in relation to other Christians as well in that we are all members of one and the same body of Christ, and the functionality of each individual part is of utmost importance to the functionality of the whole. To this point, you might want to consider including some of these portions of scripture in your writing or at least references to them.

As far as things like spelling, punctuation, grammar, and even sentence structure, at times, are concerned, I would recommend several simple adjustments.
Wow that is great that you read the whole thing! Is pretty long

tomahojo

May 6, 2023
Clearwater FL
Okay.

Thanks for the thoughtful comments. This is a work in progress and as such gets modified, so grammer is not so important right now.

It is all about the content. Creating the realization of our place in the Body is only one point, only touched on the personal responsibilities and the warning to avoid false doctrine - especially for Pastors and leaders. 'Rightly divide the Word of Truth'. Still working on the first part and it is still more or less in the outline stage. Thanks for the references, they may get included along with others when it gets closer. Perhaps a small group study...

Attachments

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

Tony
Hi Tony, you have put a lot of effort into this. Fundamentally, I believe you have it right. There is one thing you've said that I would disagree with. I do not believe that God "designed" our imperfections. They are a consequence of the sinful nature and how we react to how we are brought up. God does save us with all our imperfections, knowing exactly the implications and how He is going to set us free. The watch analogy is a good one. You obviously have a heart for God and for the church. Thank you for putting your revelation out there for all to see. That takes some courage. Don't take criticism personally. We are all still a work in progress.

tomahojo

May 6, 2023
Clearwater FL
Hi Tony, you have put a lot of effort into this. Fundamentally, I believe you have it right. There is one thing you've said that I would disagree with. I do not believe that God "designed" our imperfections. They are a consequence of the sinful nature and how we react to how we are brought up. God does save us with all our imperfections, knowing exactly the implications and how He is going to set us free. The watch analogy is a good one. You obviously have a heart for God and for the church. Thank you for putting your revelation out there for all to see. That takes some courage. Don't take criticism personally. We are all still a work in progress.
Thanks for the comments. I will not take it personally - not my heart. I desire to get it right, that is why I put it out there.

So, when Adam and Eve sinned, God put disease, thistles, and weeds on Earth - a designed imperfection that the rest of creation had to accommodate. He caused a man to be blind from birth so that Jesus could heal him. These imperfections and more were His reaction and our consequence to sin. Not an argument, simply perspective. If He did not design and put into play the imperfections we and the world would still be perfect, they could not have come to be without His authority, permission, guidance, etc.