Need strength to undergo this journey

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Marchingonward

I gave my husband his walking papers this morning. I had tried to talk to him before now about the things going on in our life but he talked around it and lied so I saw the only way to get it though his head that I wanted out of our marriage was to leave him a "dear John" letter. Why do I want out? He again is carrying on with another woman. He really does not hide it, just lies about it when asked. This is not the first time this has happened. We married in 2007 and in 2010 we separated for 6 months. He wanted to come back home and I agreed. Now it is 2 years later and I am going through this same situation again. I should have never let him come back but I did...now I'm paying the price. He's used me for a place to live so he can further himself with this other woman. I know he was thinking I would let him stay long enough to get up enough cash to go be with her as she lives in another state. He's been hiding a second cell phone, running to the bathroom to text and going to "get something from the store" when he needs to call her. It is time to let him go and get on with my life. I know Jesus will help me through this and I know it takes time. I'm not sure what I will be facing when I get home this evening and just need prayer to stand firm and to allow Jesus to take control of the situation, make this as easy a transition as possible and allow me to get myself back on level ground while praising His name for giving me an opportunity to have a happier future, even though I have a rough time to go through to get there.

N

nukreation

Sorry to hear of what you're going through. I pray that our Father's unconditional love will give you strength in this difficult time. He assures us in the Psalms that He is close to the broken hearted.

M

Marchingonward

Thank you Nuk, prayer warriors are graciously accepted! You and the Almight will see me through.

J

justbelieve

I gave my husband his walking papers this morning. I had tried to talk to him before now about the things going on in our life but he talked around it and lied so I saw the only way to get it though his head that I wanted out of our marriage was to leave him a "dear John" letter. Why do I want out? He again is carrying on with another woman. He really does not hide it, just lies about it when asked. This is not the first time this has happened. We married in 2007 and in 2010 we separated for 6 months. He wanted to come back home and I agreed. Now it is 2 years later and I am going through this same situation again. I should have never let him come back but I did...now I'm paying the price. He's used me for a place to live so he can further himself with this other woman. I know he was thinking I would let him stay long enough to get up enough cash to go be with her as she lives in another state. He's been hiding a second cell phone, running to the bathroom to text and going to "get something from the store" when he needs to call her. It is time to let him go and get on with my life. I know Jesus will help me through this and I know it takes time. I'm not sure what I will be facing when I get home this evening and just need prayer to stand firm and to allow Jesus to take control of the situation, make this as easy a transition as possible and allow me to get myself back on level ground while praising His name for giving me an opportunity to have a happier future, even though I have a rough time to go through to get there.
Praise God for giving you the sense, courage, and strength to do what you had to do and move forward!
Though obviously, this will be a time of transition like you said, it does not necessarily have to be a "rough time". Our God is Peace, Joy, Contentment, Love, Victory, Strength, Favor, the Ability to Overcome,... and He loves to bless His children in abundance with these :)
"Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in Him." Psalm 32:10
"The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing." Psalm 34:10
"Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble. I wait for Your salvation, O Lord, and I follow Your commands." Psalm 119:165-166

M

Marchingonward

I guess I'm setting myself up for a "rough time." JustBelieve, because I have been here before and it was rough. I need to take on a different attitude about that and find peace in Christ Jesus and use my all time favorite saying...."Let go and let God...!" Thanks for sharing the scriptures with me. I'm finding it difficult to pray a full prayer but know that He is praying for me as well as each of you who care enough to pray for me and hopefully for my husband as well as he does need salvation and I am unable to pray for him at this point.

J

justbelieve

I guess I'm setting myself up for a "rough time." JustBelieve, because I have been here before and it was rough. I need to take on a different attitude about that and find peace in Christ Jesus and use my all time favorite saying...."Let go and let God...!" Thanks for sharing the scriptures with me. I'm finding it difficult to pray a full prayer but know that He is praying for me as well as each of you who care enough to pray for me and hopefully for my husband as well as he does need salvation and I am unable to pray for him at this point.
I'm Josh by the way :)
I believe you WERE setting yourself up for a rough time... that's one of the many ways we can misuse the free will God gave us :\
But it sounds like NOW you're developing the right attitude... the ATTITUDE GOD WANTS YOU TO HAVE:
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
And remember... prayer is just talking to God (your Father) and Jesus (your Lord, Savior, and best friend). When you pray, just tell Them how you feel, what you're going through, what you need, what you would like... but ULTIMATELY, you pray that Their will be done in your life because it is always what is ABSOLUTELY BEST for you!

M

Marchingonward

I do want to be the best I can be for HIM and HIS will to be done in my life and I want my life to reflect HIS glory and be able to testify to others about what He has done for me! He will make me His absolute best cause God doen't make trash! Thanks so much. You are such an inspiration!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus for you and all care needed as you face this difficult time.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

sound7

Ps 25:2
"O my God, in You I trust, Do not let me be ashamed; Do not let my enemies exult over me."

Ps 22:9

" Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts."

Ps 31:14
" But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, "You are my God."

Ps 56:11
In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Bless you in your journey and restoration. AMEN :)

S

shekaniah

I will pray for you...
May you feel the comfort, strength and love of God in you life!
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah :)

M

Marchingonward

Thanks to each of you for your prayers, I can certainly feel them all! Just for an update, I left the letter but he has not read it. I don't think he even was home while I was at work yesterday so the letter is still waiting for him if and when he decides to come home and see it. I wondered by the Lord was allowing this prolongation but realized that when the timing is right the Lord will let it happen, just have to trust in him and keep praying for strength and praising Him for getting me through. God bless you all!