Need to clear my head, need some advice!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

greatlady178

I'm 24 yrs old I know that God has designed me to be a wife, but I don't want to rush into anything. I met a young man that delivered a message at my church back in Dec. and I found myself attracted, physically and spiritually, to him. I will admit I have a crush on this young man. I'm really uncomfortable with these feelings and even the thought of possibly saying something to him is scary. I know these emotions have their purpose, but I just don't want to read too much into this or be out of the will of God by having my mind on someone and be distracted. I desire marriage, but I want it God's way and I just need some suggestions on getting my mind and thoughts clear again.

T

Tegelik

As long as you have peace in your heart about this matter, there's nothing wrong with dating that guy. You can't find out if he is the one by sitting around. God is not just going to tell you if he's the right person.

God knows you want His will and you're praying about it and trusting God about it, so don't worry about ending up with the wrong person, it's all under God's control.

J

Jaybest

There nothing wrong with your thought.just add prayers it & comit him to God & everytin wil b alright.

J

Jullianna

Keep praying about it. If he asks you out, go. Take your time and see how it goes :) But you probably ARE going to have to say something to him ;)

A

AnandaHya

try being friends first and getting to know each other and be completely honest with yourself and him. I told my husband when we first dating all the weird things that he would eventually find out just to see if it would scare him off. lol that way i could tell him he kept dating me even after my spill about parrellal universes and multi-dimensional vortexes. lol I read a lot of science fiction in High school and I wanted to see his take on it all. He calls it my "twilight zone" moments and loves me anyways.

Just be yourself and see if you have things in common, if he's attracted to you and if you can stand to spend the rest of your lives together despite your faults and little annoyances you learn about each other

(he's a neat freak and I'm not, lol he even wanted me to fold his underwear when we were first married. lol he got over it after two kids he was just happy when I washed them and they ended up in the drawer, though i do fold them when i get a chance. lol)

If its a God given union then you both will feel it in your heart. The Holy Spirit will speak in both of your lives to show you the truth. Don't force it, don't push it. just pray and enjoy each others company. be friends first. attraction can fade or grow, but friendships are forever (at least mine have lasted the test of time. one of my best friends I meet in the fifth grade and we still keep in touch)

Lord please lead and guide your children in search for earthly love and remind them of YOUR love. In Jesus name we pray, amen

YouTube - God's love letter

Aug 2, 2009
lol that way i could tell him he kept dating me even after my spill about parrellal universes and multi-dimensional vortexes. lol I read a lot of science fiction in High school and I wanted to see his take on it all. He calls it my "twilight zone" moments and loves me anyways.[/url]
No way! I never would have thought you to be someone who knows about that sort of thing. I didn't think anyone else on here would know about that stuff. I don't know much about it but have heard some things. I don't believe it all but some of it is interesting.

To greatlady178,

I think you should go for it. Ask him what he likes to do in his spare time and maybe you guys have stuff in common, then you can think of things you can do together and it can develop from there.

Last edited:

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
ACTUALLY...

What you described is by far the best situational response you can have. When that rushing heartfelt pounding tells you to go after him, I would do it, if I were you.

This is a GOOD feeling.
-Too often, we are motivated by so many other things, that aren't intrinsically good, Like Financial Stability, Sexual Attraction, or Perceived Status. People will convince themselves that they like someone, in their mind, and hope to stomach the possibility that it works out on the basis of the benefits that come from the relationship and that is NOT LOVE.

-I am actually Very happy for you. :)

Remember: This is FAR BETTER, than having to convince yourself that you like someone. If you can summon the courage to approach him, The possibility of Love is worth all of the trouble the world can throw at you.

J

Jullianna

In the words of the wise Nod NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRR (end quote) try to convince yourself you love someone or them to love you. You do or you don't. They do or they don't. Love just IS.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

In the words of the wise Nod NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRR (end quote) try to convince yourself you love someone or them to love you. You do or you don't. They do or they don't. Love just IS.

hahahahaha jules!!!! this is the best post EVER!