Neo-Evangelicals Love and Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2012
in the the beginnings of Christianity between 1st-10th centuries it was a way of life. in this day in age Christianity is a business that focuses on feelings and experience. in the first century, when you came to the cross, you were making a life changing decision that required action in your life. Today people go to church to have a good time and be entertained. feeling good is the main objective today.

the Neo-Evangelical movement is stuck on love and forgiveness and forgets about living righteously and teaching repentance. they are like deer caught in the headlights of a truck. Churches these days only focus on telling people that God forgives you. It is a business strategy for getting bigger numbers which makes more money.

Abraham had faith and acted on it and God counted it for righteousness.
l
The early church put 100% into living for God but today when you come to the symbol of the cross in society we have to be careful not offend anyone.

where are all the real Christians at? are they in a certain state or providence?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I worried about that when I first started going to church. That it was presented as a big show. But really the more I studied the bible and prayed the more I got out of church too.

So while there may be some who go just for the "show" there are some who you may not notice that are taking it very seriously.

Also being stuck on Love and forgiveness is not a bad thing. I would think that knowing you are loved and forgiven by God will lead you to want to live righteously and to repent. Wouldn't you?

Mar 22, 2012
Love and forgiveness is good no doubt. Being stuck on love and forgiveness is bad because it involves being stuck and leaving out the rest.

A current mega church can not bring in numbers if they don't make people feel good every Sunday. if people leave convicted and offended they don't come back. there has to be a huge margin of neutrality so they can keep their business going.

I see mega churches making up stories like they started out as a small group of humble people and then turned into a multi-million dollar organization. honestly these mega churches started out as mega churches with people that had millions that wanted to start a church business. they were never small they just try to give the illusion to make it seem more intimate. there is a reason you don't find mega churches with huge immaculate buildings in the ghetto.

Christianity is just a feel good business these days. trying to find people who are living for God like they did back in the early church is almost impossible. I'm trying to find Christians who have truly devoted their lives to God and don't just do it as a social status.

Mar 22, 2012
Having faith in God is a supernatural experience. people in the early days gave ALL-100%-of their selves to God. God is real and worth making sacrifices.

the worst is when churches get involved in politics.

J

jimmydiggs

Having faith in God is a supernatural experience. people in the early days gave ALL-100%-of their selves to God. God is real and worth making sacrifices.

the worst is when churches get involved in politics.
Is it possible to give 100%, when we come to the altar already a broken piece of pottery?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
in the the beginnings of Christianity between 1st-10th centuries it was a way of life. in this day in age Christianity is a business that focuses on feelings and experience. in the first century, when you came to the cross, you were making a life changing decision that required action in your life. Today people go to church to have a good time and be entertained. feeling good is the main objective today.

the Neo-Evangelical movement is stuck on love and forgiveness and forgets about living righteously and teaching repentance. they are like deer caught in the headlights of a truck. Churches these days only focus on telling people that God forgives you. It is a business strategy for getting bigger numbers which makes more money.

Abraham had faith and acted on it and God counted it for righteousness.
l
The early church put 100% into living for God but today when you come to the symbol of the cross in society we have to be careful not offend anyone.

where are all the real Christians at? are they in a certain state or providence?
There is no need to idealize the early christian church, they also had infightings, heresies and people who wanted worldly gain from their faith. That said I believe a main reason for the situation today that you mentioned is the lack of doctrinal unity, or rather the lack of sound orthodox doctrine.

Man- or selfcenteredness comes in many forms and is presented and manifested in various ways. This is by far not only a problem with "prosperity" or "feel good" people or those who stress experiences at the cost of upright living, it is also a problem among so called radicals at the other side of the end as well.

It is categorically and universally true that once you begin to see doctrine as a matter of personal preference or private choice you will automatically tolerate heresies and eventually embrace them. This is what happens when you take out the historical creeds as a basis for fellowship.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2012
Is it possible to give 100%, when we come to the altar already a broken piece of pottery?
seriously dude? you're not a piece of pottery!! you are a living organism!!! you entire life belongs to living for God. every sinful desire you have needs examination. your habits need to be brought to the light by the power of accountability through the church.

okay so you are a broken piece of pottery? really? what does that even mean?!

what constitutes you as broken?

I'm not saying you need to be perfect please don't get me wrong. you need to open your focus to the rest of Gods word and stop getting stuck on Jesus' love and forgiveness. You know Jesus had a lot more to say than, "you are forgiven".

Mar 22, 2012
There is no need to idealize the early christian church, they also had infightings, heresies and people who wanted worldly gain from their faith. That said I believe a main reason for the situation today that you mentioned is the lack of doctrinal unity, or rather the lack of sound orthodox doctrine.

Man- or selfcenteredness comes in many forms and is presented and manifested in various ways. This is by far not only a problem with "prosperity" or "feel good" people or those who stress experiences at the cost of upright living, it is also a problem among so called radicals at the other side of the end as well.

It is categorically and universally true that once you begin to see doctrine as a matter of personal preference or private choice you will automatically tolerate heresies and eventually embrace them. This is what happens when you take out the historical creeds as a basis for fellowship.
the early church had more problems than any religion at its time. great deals of actions had to commence in order to survive at that time. it was entirely a different time than what we have now. we are rich as kings in that respective. that is my point. it was a hard place to be back then. I'm not talking about problems in the church. I'm talking about the Neo-Evangelical movement that pumps emotionalism over actions by cementing their focus on forgiveness. it's big as cancer.

yes it is self centered. everyone is selfish I know. the point is that main stream Christianity is now a place of magical music and sparkly eyes.

Doctrine is neutral because people don't want to use their brain and people that know it don't want to be persecuted. Examination of life is hard when you are trying to not offend people.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
...Doctrine is neutral because people don't want to use their brain and people that know it don't want to be persecuted. Examination of life is hard when you are trying to not offend people.
Most people in evangelical circles today (of all kinds and sorts, not only "prosperity" people) will say that it is the heart that matters. Foolishly rejecting knowledge because of an unbiblical sophistry they have taken in that says that there's a big dichotomy, if not a huge gulf, between heart and head. Possibly of elitist pietist origin.

For such souls doctrine is never that which distinguishes the true from the false, since it is just basically a matter of private preference, nothing that one needs to be held accountable for or that has any obligatory consequences for one's fellowship with others. So it means it's OK to believe and teach heresy (which is a work of the flesh), only you meet certain different kinds of chosen (of their own choice, of course) criteria.

Always remember that no doctrine amounts to the same thing as false doctrine and no creed amounts to the same thing as false creed. Those into it can never be of help to anyone in these fields.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2012
Most people in evangelical circles today (of all kinds and sorts, not only "prosperity" people) will say that it is the heart that matters. .
oh yes! when I was a kid my bible study teacher would tell us that all the time. I ended up having to leave that place because I challenged the authority. all their feel good chattering and glossy eyes made me so angry.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
oh yes! when I was a kid my bible study teacher would tell us that all the time. I ended up having to leave that place because I challenged the authority. all their feel good chattering and glossy eyes made me so angry.
When- and where ever that folly shows up, justifying self/pride is always at work.

Oct 20, 2011
I tend to agree fully. It's frustrating though as you're bombarded by both sin and propaganda everywhere you look. So it's tough