Nephilim

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mich223

Were the Nephilim offspring of angels (sons of God) or men? You know the story in Genesis 6.

S

silverwind

Nephilim were the giants born to human women, conceived by 'sons of God'... who were angels.

M

Mich223

Thanks I read a novel Angelology by Trussoni and it peaked my interest.

May 21, 2009
The fallen angels=demons raped the women.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Okay.. now the nephilim.. were descendants of sinful men... that is first.

Now.. there are different lines of descent for the Nephilim.. and the daughters of men

(Gen 6:1) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

(Gen 6:2) That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

(Gen 6:3) And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

(Gen 6:4) There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

(Gen 6:5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Now the different lines.. the 'sons of God'..... is men who had a close lineage to Adam.. and so were naturally larger.. stronger.. etc.. the 'daughters of men'.. were another line..

both were descendants of sinful men. No angels in there. Sons of God.. this reference is also given to mortal men in later verses:

1-- Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. - Sons of God in this passage is just about mortal men.. but being related to Job.. great or large men.

2---Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. - sons of God being defined by those led by the Spirit

3--1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. -- again a reference to mortal men... not angels.. not demons.. not Gods... just faithful christians

There are numerous other references also: but the key thing is 'sons of God' doesn't necessarily refer to deities.. or angels.. and can just be mortal men.. and in the case of Genesis... very big.. strong mortal men - 'giants'

L

Logos57

Yes, Wattie sons of God in the New Testament refers to us born again (or Adopted children)
Roman 8:14-16
14) For as many as are led by Spirit of God, thay are the sons of God.
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

Galatians 4:4-6
4) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law.
5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6) And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your heart, crying, Abba, Father.
But this is only after Jesus redeemed us. Before Christ's First Coming, sons of God refer to the Angels.

Genesis 6:4
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, ad they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Jude 6
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."
These angels kept not their first estate (changing their spiritual bodies into physical, becoming flesh and blood) and left their habitation (they left heaven for earth) and these give children to the daughters of men.

II Peter 2:4
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to reserved unto judgment:"
The Apostle Peter tells us about these angels here again, telling us God has chain them and reserved than unto judgment.

Many including myself believe this is why the Apostle Paul wrote: "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels." I Corinthians 11:10

So IMPO, Mich223, sons of God does refers to angels in Genesis 6.

May 16, 2010
Transfiguration is in my opinoin, the mystery of The Bible; There are 2 types of fallen Angels; The ones that helped satan at the original overthrow attempt, these are the spiritual bodies that are metioned,that are locked in the river Euphraties; Then there are the ones mentioned in the above posts;Father is fair, and all are to be incarnated in the flesh ONCE,born of Woman for the sole purpose of having the earaser of the memory of the World that was,Innocent; I think it is very important for those that want to know(not knocking those of Faith) that they understand this.Why? well because if you do not understand this, wouldn't it be kind of strange to you that OUR FATHER the Spirit of LOVE, instructed the Isralites to go and wipe out entire walled evil cities,Man Woman & Child.I am sure you might understand Man & Woman;But Children?
The Father Originally was going to do this for them;But when the sons of Jacob went to claim their land inheiritances,and discoverd that there were already people living in them, they took it upon themselves to make weapons of war; this really displeased OUR FATHER as HE had never told them to do such a thing.When they arrived they discoverd that they were more than welcome by the people living in those lands to make themselves at home!
Why? The World superpower at that time was the Egyptions; and news of that Empire falling travelled fairly quickley;and these people wanted nothing to do with going against The GOD of Isreal!
The Father's stand on this was;Because you took it upon yourselves to make weapons of war,now you's can use them and take care of some business I was about to take care Myself!!! Hope this helps you.
Love and Peace Forever in CHRIST!!!

M

MaggieMye

"The fallen angels=demons raped the women."
Some raped, probably, but most not. They lost their 'angelness' when they lusted after women and lived out their existance as men that took wives and procreated. The giants were the...ARE the result of this type of union.
Demons, being unclean SPIRITS cannot rape anyone. Only high level demons can even manifest in a physical form. Demons and fallen angels are two different entities. The angels have free will, the demons do not and will do only evil...or possibly something good for the purpose of evil. The words 'demons' and 'fallen angels' are not synymous. God created demons/evil for His purposes. Is 45:7
Maggie

May 25, 2010
Yes, Wattie sons of God in the New Testament refers to us born again (or Adopted children)
Roman 8:14-16
14) For as many as are led by Spirit of God, thay are the sons of God.
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

Galatians 4:4-6
4) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law.
5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6) And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your heart, crying, Abba, Father.
But this is only after Jesus redeemed us. Before Christ's First Coming, sons of God refer to the Angels.

Genesis 6:4
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, ad they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Jude 6
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."
These angels kept not their first estate (changing their spiritual bodies into physical, becoming flesh and blood) and left their habitation (they left heaven for earth) and these give children to the daughters of men.

II Peter 2:4
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to reserved unto judgment:"
The Apostle Peter tells us about these angels here again, telling us God has chain them and reserved than unto judgment.

Many including myself believe this is why the Apostle Paul wrote: "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels." I Corinthians 11:10

So IMPO, Mich223, sons of God does refers to angels in Genesis 6.

Since God has reserved the angel that sinned in everlasting chains of darkness awaiting the Judgment, how is it that they are running around the world wreaking havoc?

It is a fact, the only woman on this planet who should be given any respect because i exist is my mother; therefore, the way i see it, Eve has respect because of the angels since she is their mother. How else could Adam call Eve the mother of all living, unless she was already a mother? (Gen 3:20)

May 16, 2010
Because Adam & Eve were innocent,until satan wholey seduced Eve; an Enemy so strong that she did not stand a chance against him,and never forget that Adam also took part in this. That is why GOD states that HE Would put Emnity between Her Seed And the serpent seed;Cain & Able,which were of different fathers,Cain being the first Murder. Just a point in passing, in the original scriptures where GOD says HE hears his brothers blood calling from the ground,The word blood is actually in plural form,which I figure you know what that Implies.
Love & Peace Forever in CHRIST!!!