New all over again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HornetFlight

Hi,

I had joined here a couple of months ago and after the "crash" registered again, against what I consider my better judgment. Why? Because there is a level of christian extremism happening here that frankly scares me. I am no Biblical scholar, but the one message I take from the Bible is "love". There are several examples of it here, but almost just as many not.

What I mean by extremism is the "my God is the right God" or "if you don't believe what I believe you're going to hell" attitudes that appear so often. I'm not even sure I will post after today because instead of feeling uplifted from this site, I leave feeling angry. The recent thread on depression is one shining example.

I have to say...the biggest threat to the message of Christ these days is not atheists or other religions, but many of the so-called Christians.

I am open to change my beliefs...I try to listen to everyone and make sure what I believe is based on the best information I have. Unfortunately, some are so stubborn they will never take any thought to an opinion that is different from theirs. Really all you can do is smile and move on.

My final observation...I am still searching and have participated in other forums. Ironically I was welcomed more warmly by atheists than Christians, even when I didn't agree with them. What's happening out there when we aren't acting as we should be? The song says they will know we are Christians by our love...I wish it were.

Dec 19, 2009
Glad to see you again, HornetFlight.

Stand up for what you believe.