New and Big Steps

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I wrote about a dream I'd had about a month ago. The gist of it was that there were new things coming to my future and it would occur approximately 8 weeks from the time of the dream. Several things lined up. My divorce is final then. I am beginning a new relationship. I will be sharing a song that I wrote at a retreat. I have never shared my music. And a few days ago I was asked to head up the worship for the entire retreat. For those of you who don't know, this is a huge endeavor. It requires me to learn sound, and pack all the sound equipment, plan 4 worship sets with enough leeway in case there are other sets added last minute, communicate with all 5 speakers to make sure I include any songs they would like, pull together a team, rehearse them, and then do worship. It's a lot, and it's the first time I've been in charge of the whole thing. Please pray.

F

FAITHFULGILLIAN

I wrote about a dream I'd had about a month ago. The gist of it was that there were new things coming to my future and it would occur approximately 8 weeks from the time of the dream. Several things lined up. My divorce is final then. I am beginning a new relationship. I will be sharing a song that I wrote at a retreat. I have never shared my music. And a few days ago I was asked to head up the worship for the entire retreat. For those of you who don't know, this is a huge endeavor. It requires me to learn sound, and pack all the sound equipment, plan 4 worship sets with enough leeway in case there are other sets added last minute, communicate with all 5 speakers to make sure I include any songs they would like, pull together a team, rehearse them, and then do worship. It's a lot, and it's the first time I've been in charge of the whole thing. Please pray.
i will for sure include you in my prayers. But it's quite an honour to be asked to assume such a major responsibility and you wouldn't have been asked if you weren't highly thought of.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Ditto and amen!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
:):):) Praying in Jesus for all you ask.

hugs and God bless
pickles

D

Duckies

Congratulations on the assignment :)!! There is no better Joy than to serve our dear Lord!

K

kenisyes

You realize this is just a small step compared to what God has for you in years to come, right?

This is in reference to the other thread, where you posted for advice about the new relationship, and I answered: You won't have time to think about this while the weekend is happening of course, but how the new man in your life reacts to this weekend of ministry leadership, will tell you a lot about how he will be able to adjust to your ministry as it grows. When the retreat is over, you will have a great deal of new understandings to pray about.

I'd pray for you, but it's unnecessary. I'm rejoicing with you and God at what is going to be released at this weekend.

J

Jordache

I was speaking with Frank today just reminding him of how careful we need to be because of the spiritual warfare which will occur before, during, and after the retreat. He suggested that we actually not even see each other the few days before the retreat.

K

kenisyes

That is one approach. Whether it is the best depends on many factors, but especially on you and him. It is very personal and individual. Like I say, you'll need about two weeks after the retreat is over to know.

S

simplyme_bekah

I think you already got this in the bag. :D I pray the Lord shows you this truth. You go girl and congrats on getting this...what a huge blessing ehh :D Be blessed with confidence and with all the strength you need to do this perfectly, I ask on Jesus name amen.