New, and with questions!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RaiDylKatJai

I'm a 27y/o married mother of two. My husband and I have been together since hs, about 11 years now, and are a divided house only when it comes to religion. It wasn't always a problem, as I did not always go to church, but about 3 years ago I was drowsing in bed one sunday morning and felt that God was speaking to me. It was a loud semi-thought.. enough to startle me awake and upright that simply said "You Have No Right".. I was convicted to the bone because I knew that he was telling me that I had no right NOT to teach my children about Him. Since then we've gone to church just about every single Sunday.. I've become a regular volunteer for the hospitality team, a village night assistant teacher, and a regular sunday school teacher. This drives my hubby crazy! He doesn't agree and is constantly speaking out against me 'making' the kids go to church (they are 10 and 6), and doesn't go to church unless it's a 'gimmie' day (anniversary,bday, holiday, kids are in a show). I was semi- suprised to learn that after going to this church, most of the congregation thought that I was a single mom.. it made me feel so lonely! The feeling hasn't left and I'm starting to resent my husband in his unwillingness to be a spiritual leader in our family, or even at least to try and learn.

His defense has been that he's already done all of that.He was brought up traditionally Catholic (we go to Lutheran Catholic), and served time in the Marines where Mass is manditory. He says that you don't have to g to Church to go to Heaven, and that all you have to do is be a good person. I've tried to tell him that I want our children to learn about God so that they have a strong foundation, but he still doesn't see the need.

People tell me to be patient, to wait it out and not to pressure him. I've tried (3 years now!), but I've seen nothing new. I'm tired of choking up in church and being alone. I'm tired of arguing with him. I'm tired of him telling me that he 'doesn't know who I am anymore'.. what do I do?

Last edited:
N

NoTearsShed

He says that you don't have to g to Church to go to Heaven, and that all you have to do is be a good person.
Hunny hes is completely wrong, In the bible look up Matthew 19:26
"With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"
His diciples had asked him "Who then can be saved" Matthew 19: 25
Your husband has it all wrong, by doing good things & being good alone does NOT make you to go to heaven,
The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.
If you dont take time to pray for God & follow his commandments then doing good for others is no help at all....
After all God is the one who owns the kingdom so without him you cant join it.
Also read Chapter 25 Matthew, About the virgins.

As for your question, Im not sure what to say but pray to God & pray for him that he opens his eyes & seek God =)
It worked for my father, ofcourse he already accepted God long ago but he started drifting apart from God & not ready the bible I prayed & he went back to church & started reading the bible....now he is back to not going to church BUT atleast he reads the bible every now & then instead of never.

P

princessdeb4111962

I'm a 27y/o married mother of two. My husband and I have been together since hs, about 11 years now, and are a divided house only when it comes to religion. It wasn't always a problem, as I did not always go to church, but about 3 years ago I was drowsing in bed one sunday morning and felt that God was speaking to me. It was a loud semi-thought.. enough to startle me awake and upright that simply said "You Have No Right".. I was convicted to the bone because I knew that he was telling me that I had no right NOT to teach my children about Him. Since then we've gone to church just about every single Sunday.. I've become a regular volunteer for the hospitality team, a village night assistant teacher, and a regular sunday school teacher. This drives my hubby crazy! He doesn't agree and is constantly speaking out against me 'making' the kids go to church (they are 10 and 6), and doesn't go to church unless it's a 'gimmie' day (anniversary,bday, holiday, kids are in a show). I was semi- suprised to learn that after going to this church, most of the congregation thought that I was a single mom.. it made me feel so lonely! The feeling hasn't left and I'm starting to resent my husband in his unwillingness to be a spiritual leader in our family, or even at least to try and learn.

His defense has been that he's already done all of that.He was brought up traditionally Catholic (we go to Lutheran Catholic), and served time in the Marines where Mass is manditory. He says that you don't have to g to Church to go to Heaven, and that all you have to do is be a good person. I've tried to tell him that I want our children to learn about God so that they have a strong foundation, but he still doesn't see the need.

People tell me to be patient, to wait it out and not to pressure him. I've tried (3 years now!), but I've seen nothing new. I'm tired of choking up in church and being alone. I'm tired of arguing with him. I'm tired of him telling me that he 'doesn't know who I am anymore'.. what do I do?
I've been there n still is,28 yrs,it is so hard,u want ur husband to b in church with u,Pray with ur children n u,MEN,they r so stubborn at times.But we still have treat n love him like if He was Jesus Christ.WWJD,He wouldn't leave u,so don't leave him,just pray n pray n pray,God is faithful n just,to do what is best for u.He could b making u stronger.I'm hearing alot about fasting,have u tried that,I am sorry,If u need to talk private msge me ok God bless

R

Ress21

I have a few questions...Does your husband not believe in organized religion or is he anti religion period?
I know this is hard for you. Even though I can not completly grasp all of your feelings on this since I'm not married and have no children...I do understand the longing of having a partner sit in church with me and have those shared thought, the light squeeze of the hand when something that is said in the sermon reminds you of one another, or tending to you when something that is said hits home and makes you emotional. I pray to have a strong spiratual home for my family too. I pray that your husband will hear Gods words; that he will see that you need him and that he needs the Lord. Don't give up!