New Christian please help!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Ebbiehearts

Hi my name is Ebony I've just joined this site today hoping to find so solid godfearing christian friends. I've grow up in a christian home my whole life and my parents are wonderful but i've struggled alot and i've only told my youth pastor before. I'm just looking for someone to push me along in my newly found walk with God. I've be a "fake" christian my whole life and and i'm sick of it. I want to know God for myself. I'm tired of him being my mother's and father's Jesus and I need to let him be My Jesus. So please if you want to be my friend or give me advice I would love to hear from you ^_^
God Bless

D

Donkeyfish07

Welcome to CC Ebony :). I'm around quite a bit lately so anytime you want to chat, just let me know

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Welcome to CC, Ebony (what a beautiful name!).

I have been where you are. I grew up in a Christian home, my dad was (still is) a pastor. I have felt many of the things you are feeling. Not that growing up in a Christian home is bad, but I can relate to some of what you're saying. I had struggles that I was afraid to tell of for a long time. Feel free to PM me if you want! Again, welcome! :)

E

Ebbiehearts

@Donkeyfish07 thank you I will :) @Rachelsedge Thankz. Everyone tells me I look just like my dad so i'm just glad my name isn't it's not Franketta lol ^_^ I'm still learning about this site so how do I PM you?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, children growing up in a Christian home have to eventually develop their own Christian belief...and that's healthy! It then becomes real for you and you can identify with Christ as an adult. Good for you for wanting this very personal relationship :).

E

Ebbiehearts

I believe that too. Thank you :)
God Bless

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
A buddy of mine in a similar situation told me (on several occasions) that he never really got to make his faith his own until he moved out.

F

Fireman7

I'm also mew and her message counts for me too! My testimony is a bit complex but the fundamentals are the same! I was a hypocrite for so long!

U

Ugly

Same here, i was raised in a 'church home' (more so than a true Christian home), but at 14 i was spoken to on my own, away from my parents about Christ and was given the opportunity to accept him. Which at that time i made a personal choice, not a choice my family raised me in. So its good, read your bible and pray are the two most important things.

F

Fireman7

New* not "mew" sorry

Dec 30, 2011
Eddie, Welcome, feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or just want prayer. Glad you're starting a personal relationship with Jesus and no longer just going through the motions!!!