New Covenant Outlined

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cee

Senior Member
May 14, 2010
2,169
473
83
Got it. Thanks

What is John the Baptist's role?
Matthew 11:13-14, Jesus says, "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come."

None greater born of a woman that John:
Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. Matthew 11:11

Enter into the Kingdom by being born of the Spirit:
John 3:5, Jesus says, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Only those born again can discern and enter into the kingdom of God.

What do we see and hear that they didn't? It could be Jesus Himself, but we do have Theophanies of Him in OT.
Matthew 11:13 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

What did they not receive that we did?
Hebrews 11:39And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

Here's why it's important we understand the New Convenant:

6But as it is, Christ[SUP]b[/SUP] has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. 7For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

What is the new covenant?
8For he finds fault with them when he says:[SUP]c[/SUP]“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah,
9not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
For they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
11And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”


- The New covenant is His law on our hearts and minds (reborn?)
- We will all know Him personally not need to be taught of Him (Taught of Spirit)
- We shall call Him our God, we see this in Thomas when he realized who Jesus was.
- Our sins will be remembered no more.

Why is there no longer any offering for sin?
Hebrews 10:18Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

What shall we conclude about sin?

Hebrews 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.