New Guinness World Record!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
JUST IN: Today a new Guinness World Records has been created in Dimapur, Nagaland for World's Largest Electric Guitar Ensemble with 368 participants (guitarists) playing "knocking on heavens door" (Guns and Roses) and breaking the 228 world record in UK. CONGRATES!

Courtesy: SDPNEI (facebook)

Earlier, the news was carried by
Guinness World Record attempt for “World’s Largest Electric Guitar Emsemble” | Sevendiary.com | Discover Northeast India - Culture, Lifestyle and Travel

Attachments

U

Ugly

) playing "knocking on heavens door" (Guns and Roses)
Actually 'Knockin On Heavens Door' was written and performed by Bob Dylan in 1973. Guns'N'Roses covered the song in 1990, they did not write it.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Actually 'Knockin On Heavens Door' was written and performed by Bob Dylan in 1973. Guns'N'Roses covered the song in 1990, they did not write it.
Hi Ugly,
Thank you for pointing that out. I was not aware of that (perhaps mainly because I am neither a fan of Bob Dylan nor of Guns & Roses) and just copy pasted it. However, my guess is that Guns & Roses was acknowledged as the version (knock, knock on heavens door) played on that particular record breaking day was theirs (I don't really know).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small correction: the previous Guinness World Record set at Ricoh Arena in England was 250 musicians (not 228 as stated above) on October 14, 2012.

Eastern Mirror News : Sky Entertainment, the organizers of the Guinness World Record, has dedicated the Guinness certificate to ‘Our Heavenly Father’ and to the People of Nagaland. “January 12, 2013 witnessed that all the guitarists who participated were in rhythm both by the strings and by a willing harmony to prove God is still with the Naga people even through the music industry,” said a release issued by Abalu Dozo, Public Relations Sky Group.

Here is a couple of pictures captured on the D-day :) -

Attachments

S

StephenH

That'd be some feat - I wonder how in step they were with each other?