new here..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

ThomasBen

hello,my name is thomas,

I'm not new to the entire "religion" idea as I grew in private christian school, but when i was 13 was "jilted" by the church & never returned. So i guess you can say i always had a "head" knowledge but just now received the "heart" knowledge 27 years later.

I was born with a rare genetic disorder called Hypohydrodic ectodermal dysplaysia, (a hair, skin, teeth disorder) i have always had a passion for music.. if it makes sound i can play it but i specialize in piano, guitar, & singing. the fact i can sing is a miricale in it's self as one of the things "affected" are also lungs. Doctor's gave me 9 months to live when i was born here i am 37 years later. i have been near death on more then one occasion & all hope was given up more then once, but again here i am by no means of my own or any help this world had to offer, but by the grace of God alone & I now know this beyond a shodow of a doubt!!! here's how i know....
1.) Doctor's gave me 9 months to live. I will be 37 in July
2.) was under the A frame (what supports car engine) when car came of blocks had over 3,000 lbs. on my head, again doctor's astonished i only need 7 stitches said "my skull should have been crushed
3.) Lost a son due to complications of spina bifida wich led me to turn to drugs/alcohol.. in turn got to a point i took my own life by overdose. when i was found not breathing received all the revive methods they use(i.e. paddles) nothing but flat line when pronounced me, heart started beating again started breathing again sufferd 0 brain or any other ill affects due to no oxygen to the brain..

Still lived a few more years in my own ways, when as i worked various jobs, saving money was able to save & buy the musical equipment i have dreamt of for years. Just at the point i had everything i need to break out & start playing out again(i.e. coffee houses) & able to make my own music cd's, is when it happend!! Jesus showed up!! I was sitting there one late night thinking own how in a few days i was fixing to play what would basically would be a cd release, a came across on tv , a preacher Andrew wommack, he told the story of Jesus and as he was telling the story, Jesus showed up in my living room!! he filled me up, forgave me my sins, made me free, in the amount of time it took me to ask forgiveness it took the same amount of time to relieve 37 years of turmoil this world had to offer, the Lord has blessed me with the talent to write music & has filled my heart with it.. he layed upon my heart to give away what he has blessed me with.. so to any1 out there who wants free music i will give it for free, for my salvation was free, the price has already been paved, so i have no choice but to give away what God has given me.. i have so much more i'd like to say & give Thanks for but i'm sure you're done reading my rambleings, i put music videos on youtube before i found the Lord now starting to upload Christian "inspirational" music can find under thomas bennett or RustyShackelford73.. feel free to comment

also if any1 knows a good church search i'd love to find a good church as i am searching for one, have tried a few but haven't found "home" yet

Last edited:
B

Brianaj

Hello! What a wonderful testament to god's awesomeness! Welcome to CC and I hope you enjoy all the people and fellowship here :) Where are you from? I might be able to assist you in your church search if your in any areas that i know of :)

T

ThomasBen

i am fro n.e. ohio.. btw i ment no way to advertise for anything in my 1st post i just read no other wesites to mentioned for that i do appologize... just wanted to share what was given to me

May 16, 2010
MY whole life whenever I watched war movies or documenteries on them, I used to think "what a retard" when I would see A LITTLE DRUMMER BOY! It took me until I was 42 to even find The Truth and then 7 years of studying that Truth; that in FACT the Drummerboy was smarter than the General & the Whole Army put together! YAH'S #1 instruction to us children while were here in the flesh is ; Behave Yourselves don't go hurting each other & Never Forget to Sing LOUD PRAISES UNTO ME!!
I am new to this site also and wanted to say HI! and Ditto for me reguarding your Testimony!!! Love & Peace Forever in CHRIST!

B

barefootangel

Hello, I am the barefootangel. I am new here, but not new to God. I have been looking for a place to talk with other Christians because I only leave my house when I go to the doctors and I have no friends. I am 55 (will be 56 in July) years old, have 3 sons, my daughter is deceased, and I have 6 grandsons. Waiting for grand baby number 7 in Dec, yes, hoping it is a girl!
I Bible study on my own, I make quilts and talk to myself. I use to be a writer and that is about all there is to me. I hope to make lots of friends here. Friends that love God.
Thank you, the barefootangel(bfa for short)

T

ThomasBen

hi bfa..thanx for stopping by

B

barefootangel

Hello, glad to be here!

May 16, 2010
Hi there I am a newbie here to and if by chance you prayed for a freind I guess that it was majorly answered; This place in mindboggling awesome from what i have observed so far. All I can say is WHAT A CHURCH WOW WOW WOW!!! Look forward to having fellowship with you and ALL.
Love & Peace Forever in CHRIST