new life....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gkent

my husband passed away a year and 10 mnths back and it was the hardest thing that happend after marrying for only 6 months and 3 days,'was the most heart wrechg thng that cld evr happened to a newly married couple.Now i met a really good man and he propose to get married but i still am scared and confuse if i cn really mk him happy or not.Of course i do love him but the prospect of gettg married again is scarg the hell out of me......Please help......

U

Ugly

my husband passed away a year and 10 mnths back and it was the hardest thing that happend after marrying for only 6 months and 3 days,'was the most heart wrechg thng that cld evr happened to a newly married couple.Now i met a really good man and he propose to get married but i still am scared and confuse if i cn really mk him happy or not.Of course i do love him but the prospect of gettg married again is scarg the hell out of me......Please help......
I'm not going to suggest whether or not you should get married, but i am going to make some points to consider when you make the choice.
Are you Christian?
Is the new man a Christian? If you are, and he is not, then i'd suggest not marrying him.
If you are both Christian then really i think it has to do with have you recovered from the death of your first husband, which is more likely the problem, than a fear that you will be a bad wife. Or maybe you think you'll be a bad wife because you know you aren't ready yet to be a wife. Don't let fear of failure stop you. If that is your only reason its not a good one unless you have some reason to think it.
You really need to decide if you are ready emotionally to give yourself to another. And can you face the fear of losing another husband? While chances of you remarrying and this guy dying quickly after is very slim, i understand that fears make it hard for us to see past what we know. Its like we know its not likely to happen, but that fear keeps us from living out what we know. So these are the things i think you really need to deal with, i think the fear of being a bad wife is just masking your real fears.

O

oracle2world

Get married. Enough time has elapsed since passing of your late husband.

C

chuinchoy

seek phychologist help to resolve your emotional fears before marrying him. If you, you might bring the problem into your new marriage. He should be a christian. Otherwise you might have rpoblem communicating / agreeing with him due to different faith.

W

Wilfred

if you are not ready and he does love you enough to marry you, then wait until you can get past your emotions and learn to trust and lean on him as your new husband. naturally assuming there is no reason to immediately remarry....

U

Ugly

Get married. Enough time has elapsed since passing of your late husband.
Who are you to speak for how someone else feels? Ignore this response, OP. He has a history of bad advice and negativity.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Ask Yahvah God in the name of Yahshua the Messiah if it is good for you to marry this man.

G

gkent

Thank guys......

G

gkent

Thanks guys and yes he is a christian and a wonderful one....Its amazing how people hv diffrent aspects of life and opinion but of course evryone of your suggestions plays an important part right now in my life clearly since am in the cross road of my life.But do continue to pray for me in your quite times with God....<3

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Something else to consider if you have not considered or thought of the possibility yet is the option to never marry again. Of course God gives you the desires of your heart, but have you looked at the fruitfulness of both specific scenarios? Do you personally believe that you will be more fruitful with or without a husband? Definitely know the ministry goals you have now, and see if marriage helps those goals.

I love you all.