New to this joint and still a bit lost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 8, 2011
Kia Ora! (Hello)
I'm E-J and I'm from New Zealand.

Despite my somewhat blasphemous attitude, I was once a budding young theology student, doing an internship with the church I went to, I didn't end up finishing my studies due to a variety of reasons, chronic illness which lead to my absence from college, the inability to see eye to eye with the pastors I was working for (very long and complicated sotry behind that) and the hypercritical people I associated with at college (I include myself in this picture)

I soon realised that I wasn't as "Super Christian" as I thought, and this has led me to question a lot of things, my faith included, and has led to a complete turn around to how I see and accept others, I'm a firm believer of following Jesus, (loving the unlovable, forgiving the unforgivable which can get me into a fair bit of trouble!)

I have also found it hard to accept the image of God that I grew up with (caring and kind, fatherlike etc), I am from Christchurch, and in light of the devastating february earthquake, we have been left with the question "where is God in all of this turmoil?" and with several of my friends still unaccounted for I am very much having doubts over this God figure...

And that is my story so far...

Keen to know a bit more? Just ping me a message or email or whatever you do on here

S

Stephen

Hello and welcome CC

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
kiwiEJ
Hello welcome to Christian Chat.

F

Forgiven66

Hello EJ, and welcome to Christian Chat. Glad to hear, it sounds like you have lost your religion, but sad to hear it sounds like you have lost faith and trust in God, for He desires a relationship with us.