New ways to hear from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dovey

I thought it might be nice to hear all of the different ways that we are hearing from God, the new ways He's reaching us in our walks...and how He manages to keep the lessons fresh and us growing! So if you have heard from God lately...what has He been saying? What have you been learning?

M

Melleah

God led me to some wonderful people in the Bible Study room last night who prayed a much-needed prayer for me.

May 21, 2009
Yay I love when people pray for each other. This Sunday the Lord said that he wants to heal people's heart's and their bodies. The Lord has been telling me about Christians. They are full of hate, unforgiveness, bitterness, pride, jealousey. He cries that they will go to hell if they don't stop it. He showed me the entrance to hell they will go thr. I hear people say all the time once saved always saved. The Lord is telling me they better stop it and repent and give up all their ugliness. It's one thing to say God I'm sorry forgive me. Those are words. It's another thing to have hate and not let it go. If you say your sorry and you still hate then you are just a hater who said I'm sorry. That's not ok with God. He say's to forgive and he means it. He doesn't mean to forgive when you feel like it. He say's forgive now. And that's it. I pray people would understand. They think their all safe and covered in the blood. It's not ok at all. God is looking at the people and he sees right insed of them and he is very sad. He cries so hard I can barely stand it. He hurts so much by the people that keep holding ugliness. He's going to be sending mighty powers to people on the earth. But the people that are full of ugliness he can't use them. He said for us to feed the poor people and he said there would always be poor cause he knew the Christians wouldn't do what he says. He cries very much about that. He shows me lots of things but mainly it's of Christians who won't do his will.

C

ChristopherMichael

God's been teaching me a lot. The main lesson for the past two years has been how to let him write the story of my life. Relying on him for my career choices, relationships, etc. He is good!

- Topher

M

michae

Hebrews 1:1-2..says he spoke by the prophets in the old test..but now he speaks to us by him Son in us,,

Feb 27, 2007
sometimes when reading a post or talking to someone a random thought will come into my head & its unexplained and I think almost shocking in its randomness. Like i was talking to my uncle on the phone and "gary needs the fear of the Lord" came to my mind. well i most certainly did not state this to him in the conversation because for starters i didnt think he lacked fear of the Lord but long story short I emailed it to him later. Said i dont know why i had the random thought. turns out he was working on a website for his ministry and he was going to post a portion of scripture that included the fear of the Lord but then decided against it, So always when i get these random thoughts I speak them to the person (doesnt happen very often). more often than not there is truth. ISNT THE LORD AWESOME!!!!

B

become_the_generation

Visions! Lots and lots of visions! I thank God that He reveals things to me like this :)

B

become_the_generation

Visions from God. Like, when it says in Joel 2:28, and Acts 2, "In the last days young men will have visions..." or something along those lines. During worship God will give me a vision about different things, situations, or whatever. Know what I mean?

O

oopsies

I thought it might be nice to hear all of the different ways that we are hearing from God, the new ways He's reaching us in our walks...and how He manages to keep the lessons fresh and us growing! So if you have heard from God lately...what has He been saying? What have you been learning?
He brought me down from a comfortable place, then reminded me that He's always there but I haven't been listening or relying on Him, and finally, all in one fell swoop, also protected me from something terribly uncomfortable for me but I was clueless to what was going on. So I guess it's 3 things in 1!

Aug 2, 2009
Yay I love when people pray for each other. This Sunday the Lord said that he wants to heal people's heart's and their bodies. The Lord has been telling me about Christians. They are full of hate, unforgiveness, bitterness, pride, jealousey. He cries that they will go to hell if they don't stop it. He showed me the entrance to hell they will go thr. I hear people say all the time once saved always saved. The Lord is telling me they better stop it and repent and give up all their ugliness. It's one thing to say God I'm sorry forgive me. Those are words. It's another thing to have hate and not let it go. If you say your sorry and you still hate then you are just a hater who said I'm sorry. That's not ok with God. He say's to forgive and he means it. He doesn't mean to forgive when you feel like it. He say's forgive now. And that's it. I pray people would understand. They think their all safe and covered in the blood. It's not ok at all. God is looking at the people and he sees right insed of them and he is very sad. He cries so hard I can barely stand it. He hurts so much by the people that keep holding ugliness. He's going to be sending mighty powers to people on the earth. But the people that are full of ugliness he can't use them. He said for us to feed the poor people and he said there would always be poor cause he knew the Christians wouldn't do what he says. He cries very much about that. He shows me lots of things but mainly it's of Christians who won't do his will.
That is amazing and I agree with it 100%. I am not saying that I am some sort of perfect christian, because I am most likely just short of a total failure, but I believe my heart is in the right place because your post says things that I have been feeling myself about God ever since I began looking to other christians for fellowship. I do not come from a christian family (although that is starting to change), I felt a calling from God to come to Christ 4 years ago, and so I am still new to christians in general. I've seen and heard of some things that people who say they are christians have done and it really disappoints me.

Anyway, I hear from God in my thoughts.When I am praying for something, I ask God and quiet my mind and often an answer comes in the form of a thought. If I don't get an answer then I turn to my bible and ask God to guide me to the answer. I often find it without any searching. Yes I know it sounds far fetched but I wouldn't lie about that.