Newcomer here!!! Have a concern

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
Do you have to feel anything before you know that you are a christian. I feel like I am unsure of my faith yet I love reading the bible and discussing what is in it and I desire to know God.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
When one is saved, the devil will try to put doubts in their mind about their salvation but be rest assured that he will not succeed in taking you out from God's hand. If you know you are saved, rebuke the doubt "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). If you aren’t talk to God, ask Him if there is any unrepented sin and ask for forgiveness, then believe that you have been forgiven. The Holy Spirit bears witness of our salvation-He gives us the assurance that we are right with God "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God... The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:14,16). If you obey the commandments of God, do not work according to the flesh but allow the Spirit to lead you, He will bear witness in your heart that you are on the right tract.

Welcome to CC, by the way.

R

radical_christian

I completely agree with Starfield and I know how you feel.
The devil will attempt to distract you from progressing in your walk with God by putting doubts about salvation. I remember a time when I even questioned if God existed. Now I look back and know that the devil was behind it all. Keep studying the bible and praying and you will know God better and thus feel closer. May God bless you and welcome to this site.

G

godschild

yeah the devil will try to do anything to make you not follow God i know at church 1 time he was making the cd skip for the song we were singing to and we kept singing it anyways and a few times he made our vehicle brake down when we were going to church and we had to call my uncle to come fix it

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks u guys. Glad I joined this site. I will keep reading and studying the word especially to put the devil to shame.God bless all of u!

D

dustmite30

Do you have to feel anything before you know that you are a christian. I feel like I am unsure of my faith yet I love reading the bible and discussing what is in it and I desire to know God.
Its wonderful, this may be the beginning of your relationship with Christ. Christ is working in you, and he loves you, and keep reading the Bible and growing in your faith. Pray to Jesus. Ask him to open your eyes to his word. Ask him to come into your life, because you are interested in him and in the Word. He will hear you, and he will come to you. The Holy Spirit is starting to work in you, keep on praying, and reading your Bible! =]

C

caygirl_pana

I was in the same situation as you my friend.
i just wasnt sure, but i realized what the devil was trying to take me back to the world
so i built my faith and did not give in to the devil
and i thank God for helping me

God bless you<3

C

caygirl_pana

I was in the same situation as you my friend.
i just wasnt sure, but i realized what the devil was trying to take me back to the world
so i built my faith and did not give in to the devil
and i thank God for helping me

God bless you<3

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
I have been doing exactly wat u guys have been telling me to do and now it's like I feel this unquenchable joy. I am always happy (I still get angry at people) but I get over it faster and I am always looking forward to reading the bible everyday. I hope I get time to read it with school comin' and all though.
Thx guys
Love ya
God Bless

P

princessdeb4111962

Just don't read it meditate on it.Study what God is telling u,Keep up the great work
Do you go to church?church is a great place to fellowship with other people ur age.U can grow together in the Lord.ok

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
Yes I go to church but I just moved to it and it's kind of hard finding people to hang around with. I'm really shy so it's even harder!! My mom's trying to get me into the youth group. I love the praise and worship there though. It's like i'm on private platform with God and it feels great!!

N

NoTearsShed

I have been doing exactly wat u guys have been telling me to do and now it's like I feel this unquenchable joy. I am always happy (I still get angry at people) but I get over it faster and I am always looking forward to reading the bible everyday. I hope I get time to read it with school comin' and all though.
Thx guys
Love ya
God Bless

Oh that happy feeling I LOVE IT because thats a Gift from God =D
A happy feeling that no matter what your happy =D
But sadly mine dint last as long as i wished it had :(

I have experienced it once for a couple days not sure exactly how many & that was when i became new christian born =D
& like 2 other times, which lasted a day or less.