NewUser but old guy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 25, 2022
looking for old guys. I need the ones who have slogged away in the trenches, done their job and no one understands.

It's almost 10 here. I could go to bed, but I'll wake up at 2. I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in a long time.

Is there anyone out there that understands?

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Yes my friend I understand. I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a full nights sleep in the past 8 years. It can get very tough. I also know what it is like (and how painful it can be) to look back. But I also know the beauty that comes from selflessness and caring for others. Tough...Yes! Worthwhile...By Gods grace!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
looking for old guys. I need the ones who have slogged away in the trenches, done their job and no one understands.

It's almost 10 here. I could go to bed, but I'll wake up at 2. I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in a long time.

:D oh I'm an old slogger me. I have slept on the couch for years, I'm happy if I get 4 good hours in [and a nap in the afternoon.]

Hi welcome. :)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and welcome to the fellowship here at CC! A couple things about getting a sound night's sleep, get some rigorous exercise and if I'm laying there and can't sleep I put on a 3 hr tape of Bible Scriptures.
God bless you and your family😴😴😴👍

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Nice to meet you and welcome to the fellowship here at CC! A couple things about getting a sound night's sleep, get some rigorous exercise and if I'm laying there and can't sleep I put on a 3 hr tape of Bible Scriptures.
God bless you and your family😴😴😴👍
This is the one I use.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Nice, I listen to 'God's Promises//Strength//Faith in Jesus' an 8 hr tape, plus Scripture videos.
That's a great habit! That's more valuable than most people realize.
I like to listen too. It makes it possible to get more of the Word in while doing tasks that don't require too much focus.
I found that sleep is more likely sound when I read before bedtime.
🫖🍵🙂📖

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019

I understand..
---
Welcome to CC.

More of His grace to you..

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Yup. Slogger is my middle name.

Making trenches is what oysters do, and I sure ain't no spring chicken.

I want you to know that we love you and we are so glad that you are here. We belong together. (y):coffee:

I will pray that the Lord give you sweet peace and rest, dear brother.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
... and if I'm laying there and can't sleep I put on a 3 hr tape of Bible Scriptures.
And, the underlying statement is:

"It puts me to sleep every time..."

:LOL:

( i.e. - "The scriptures put me to sleep.")

(However, it really is a good habit. If you listen to scripture while you sleep, it will still be good for you - possibly even better than while you are awake.)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
And, the underlying statement is:

"It puts me to sleep every time..."

( i.e. - "The scriptures put me to sleep.")

(However, it really is a good habit. If you listen to scripture while you sleep, it will still be good for you - possibly even better than while you are awake.)
Thx I did not know that😃👍! Whether I listen or fall asleep I'm learning, a win-win for sure then.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I think we may need a "Liars Club" here. Were you ever a member?

Eight or ten old retired men would gather every morning at McD's or at the mall, drink coffee and tell stories. The first story ALWAYS got topped by several more of dubious factuality. (I don't go to either place anymore so I don't know if they still exist).