Nips & Tucks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

We know that God only wants the best for His children. So, if a christian man/woman is seeking a godly partner, it's safe to assume that God would only want the best for that godly partner as well. Are we willing to allow Him to prepare us for that relationship? Do you think that's where you are now?

Christian singles, like all other christians, are God's works in progress. A nip here, a tuck there.
If God were to place THE ONE directly in your path (keeping in mind that any such changes would be God led), if you are being completely honest with yourself is there anything you would not be willing to change/surrender to God in order to be with that person?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
My Independence.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
My devotion to my children. You would think this would go without saying....but youuuuuu would be surprised! I have seen many a single mom choose a man over her children. (although she would not think she is doing so @ all)

(Please keep in mind...this does not mean that I would not consider him the head of our home once married. For a single parent, dating is just different. Your loylty is to the family you already have. Once engaged that shifts a little...and once married and your one flesh with your spouse...then it shifts completley....but there is a gradual growth that takes place with you both to get to that point. I will never just throw my children aside for my own personal gain choices. Sure I have wants and desires and goals...but I will not seek after those things and try to attain them at the sacrafise of my kids.)

D

Die_Skim

"... if you are being completely honest with yourself is there anything you would not be willing to change/surrender to God in order to be with that person?"
what do you exactly mean by that?

J

Jullianna

Let me rephrase...

Is there anything in your life or behavior that God might want you to change in order to be with the godly man/woman He has selected for you that you would not be willing to give up or change right now?

J

Jullianna

Grace, I completely get where you're coming from. I truly believe that's why I have not been as open to relationships as I might have been for the past few years. At least until my son is not living with me. You never TRULY know someone until you marry them and live with them day after day. I've seen a lot of people with children marry and have things not turn out so well... I've felt that my first responsibility has been my son. My love life can wait until it's not really an issue. :)

T

thimsrebma

I cant think of anything that God may want me to chnge/give up. But real deal breaker for me would be my dogs. We are a package deal. If you want me you gotta take them too.

J

Jullianna

I can't imagine life without dogs either :)

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Let me rephrase...

Is there anything in your life or behavior that God might want you to change in order to be with the godly man/woman He has selected for you that you would not be willing to give up or change right now?
Sorry I misunderstood what you were initially asking. :) (of course God would not ask me to give up my devotion to my children. *smacks head* silly me LOL)

Now that you have rephrased it....and if I am to be totally honest. I do *fear* that if a man comes along that I might miss it because past hurts may come swirling around in my thoughts and I may not be able to trust as I should? (make sense?)
And I totally believe that is something God would NOT want for me at all.

I think in my circumstances, any guy that would come along would have to have a bit of patience with me. Not only do I have three children that I am responsible for....but I have been doing that on my own for awhile now, and its not easy to let go of part of that and partner with someone just overnight. It would take God putting a lot of peace in my heart.