NIV bible words taken out of it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LovingtheLord

I noticed something was wrong when i compared these verses

Isaiah 54:17 (KJV)
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 54:17 (NIV)

no weapon forged against you will prevail,and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and this is their vindication from me,”
declares the Lord.

See how watered down the effect of the words have become thanks to the NIV translation?

Thats not the worst part...

john 3:16 (NIV)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

jon 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

In the dictionary beget means : to
procreate or generate (offspring).

From the NIV you can see Jesus is no longer proclaimed as the “only BEGOTTEN Son of God.”.

"The NIV translators removed 64,576 words as compared to the King James Bible! Words are very important! God put “every Word” there for a reason, i.e., so we could live by them! Matthew 4:4, “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” If I am to live for God, then I need an “every Word” Bible. We have it thank God, in the inspired King James Bible! The Bible is truth!"

In sharp contrast, modern Bibles are corrupt and; therefore, produce corrupt teachings. Just the fact that the NIV translators completely removed the critically important Word, “GODHEAD” from Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20 and Colossians 2:9 is reason enough to run away from the NIV as fast as you can.

that's not all that the wicked NIV deceivers took out of the Bible. The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words: fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit.

Don't you see what the Devil has done to God's Word? Satan only comes to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). If the Devil can't destroy the Bible, then he tries to change It (Romans 1:25). If the Devil can't change the Bible, then he tries to replace it with fables. The latest Satanic gimmick is the claim that several pagan religions outdate Christianity, and that Christianity originated in ancient Egypt. The truth is that Abraham believed on the Lord for salvation in Genesis 15:6 (about 2,000 B.C.). Christianity was here from the Creation, which is evidenced by Abel's offering of a blood sacrifice to God (thus signifying his faith in the coming Savior). People were saved back in the Old Testament the same way we are today—by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8,9).

When Noah and his family walked off the ark, Christianity had no competition. It wasn't until men came together in UNITY that they corrupted themselves once again, that God segregated them across the earth in Genesis 11:9. So, Biblically, Christianity came before any pagan religions. It wasn't until 566 B.C. that Buddha arrived. Anyone who thinks Christianity didn't exist until the time of Christ is ignorant. Psalm 22 was written around 1000 B.C. by king David, prophesying the crucifixion of Christ.

Most of this was copy and paste because i wanted to deliver this message quick-

Here is the source of informaton i got all these things from -http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/why.htm

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
That's some CRAZY stuff right there!! But out of the 64,576 words that were removed, does that include "doth, thee, thou..." basically all the King James tongue twisters

J

JohnChingford2007

Hi LTL

I was asked to check out that site you mentioned, ie http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/ by someone on my blog. This is what I wrote in reply:

It is run by David J Stewart. He seems very knowledgeable on all the things we are warning against. However, he only recommends "Independent Fundamental Baptist" churches (IFB) as the only ones on track (please read this link Is the Independent Fundamental Baptist Denomination a cult? | Independent Fundamental Baptist) and exalts the ministry of Jack Hyles (who preaches against Lordship salvation) and therefore he opposes John McArthur.

His teaching does seem sound, but I have a bad experience of those who actively teach Lordship salvation as heresy. I believe LS is a wrong interpretation but it does have some biblically sound merits, ie that we need Jesus to be our Lord. I do not agree that we need to give everything to Jesus before we are saved, but by asking Jesus to save us and to be our Lord, we are giving Jesus permission to take over our lives to do as He will do. I disagree with Jack that making Jesus our Lord turns us instantly into mature disciples. An earthly child comes under submission to its earthly parents to take charge in bringing it to maturity. This is what we do as babes in Christ. We allow Jesus to nurture us into gradual maturity by handing our lives to Him. If our "decision" for Christ was simply a free eternal life insurance policy (to insure us for heaven) without godly sorrow for sins nor an active heart surrender to Jesus, then being "born-again" has possibly not actually happened. I am unsure what JM teaches regarding LS, but this is my stance. Therefore, in principle I agree with Jack TO A POINT, ie that once born-again you are saved and cannot lose your salvation. You become a child of God. You handed your life to Jesus thus making Him Your Lord and "he who began a good work in you, will bring it to completion until the day of Christ".

I certainly would not call LS a heresy - maybe a false interpretation. yes it may be considered heresy if it teaches that a backslidden believer can lose their salvation (ie Jesus is no longer Lord of their life) because it would turn the grace of Jesus into works. However, I am unsure whether LS does that. Jack says it does.

Anyway, for me, that is not a big enough reason to reject David's site.

The next thing I notice, is his aggressive and condemnatory approach. He frequently makes very strong black/white statements like claiming everything which does not fit in with his views as being satanic, corrupt evil and those who participate are going to Hell. He is a KJV ONLY advocate. I have noticed that those who teach the infallibility of the KJV and all other versions as perversions are usually very aggressive in that stance and almost cult-like. By the way, the original manuscripts ARE infallible - not the KJV, although the KJV can be trusted as a sound translation. Although the Word of God can be trusted and be used to build our lives upon, it is NOT to be worshipped. We are to worship God alone, not the Bible. The Bible leads us to God. I may be wrong, but the impression I get is that some KJV Only teachers actually tend to worship the KJV.

David Stewart may be correct in many of his statements but I do believe he should mellow these statements by discussing why these things are evil and satanic FIRST rather than just making big outlandish statements. Anyone seeing these headings would immediately write him off as a wacko because the statements sound ludicrous. Although many of his articles DO explain it, but AFTER the statement has been made. For example, he may be right about the NIV but I think he is over the top in writing it off as a Satanic bible. I normally would not have been bothered to look at his articles as they seem very condemning of virtually every group and too LOUD, but because you asked me to look, I looked. Actually, he is not as bad as I first thought. His articles DO make sense and may "have something" but he just needs to "calm down" and not waggle his accusing finger so much. Some have misinterpreted these things as a "hate blog" and seemed to have wrongly accused him of things (out of retaliation?) He actually responded to this "hate" tag by saying he never intends to be unkind to anybody This is NOT a Hate Site

This and similar of his articles show a man who seems to be sincere and caring. His approach to his site ( I think) give the wrong impression about him. The article I have given you comes over as a much warmer person. Here is an article which is very revealing and well put Why Don't You Have A Forum or Blog? I am starting to realise the truth behind his last article relating to my blog.

Finally, there has been a statement made against David. I don't know how true it is. It could be a set up or even a plant made by hackers. In any case (even if it is true) our sin does not nullify the truth that we speak. If a person is a fraud, it may negate his message as it could contain a lot of poison, but simple careless fall into temporary sin does not debunk everything that teacher has taught throughout their life IF IT IS TRUE. Any way, this is what has been written:

David J. Stewart Exposed!

It could be that David was advised to plead guilty (to get a softer sentence) because it was difficult to prove himself innocent. He DID initially plead not guilty, so maybe he was innocent and framed so that his ministry could be destroyed.

Anyway, I have tried to present an all rounded and fair assessment. I do think there are some excellent articles on his site but I would caution you to check everything with the Bible. Not just the KJV but compare several versions including: NIV 1984 and earlier versions only, NKJV, and NASB. I generally just use these 4. Surely 4 is enough to arrive at the truest interpretation of the text?

Last edited:
S

Scotth1960

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue

that
shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the

heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me,

saith the LORD.

no weapon forged against you will prevail,and you will refute every

tongue that accuses you.

declares the Lord.

See how watered down the effect of the words have become thanks to

the NIV translation?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that

whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but

have everlasting life.

From the NIV you can see Jesus is no longer proclaimed as the “only

BEGOTTEN Son of God.”.

"The NIV translators removed 64,576 words as compared to the King

James Bible! Words are very important! God put “every Word” there

for a reason, i.e., so we could live by them! Matthew 4:4, “It is

written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that

proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” If I am to live for God, then I

need an “every Word” Bible. We have it thank God, in the inspired

King James Bible! The Bible is truth!"

In sharp contrast, modern Bibles are corrupt and; therefore, produce

corrupt teachings. Just the fact that the NIV translators completely

removed the critically important Word, “GODHEAD” from Acts 17:29,

Romans 1:20 and Colossians 2:9 is reason enough to run away from the

NIV as fast as you can.

that's not all that the wicked NIV deceivers took out of the Bible.

The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words:

fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful,

unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness,

whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the

bottomless pit.

Don't you see what the Devil has done to God's Word? Satan only

comes to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). If the Devil can't

destroy the Bible, then he tries to change It (Romans 1:25). If the

Devil can't change the Bible, then he tries to replace it with fables.

The latest Satanic gimmick is the claim that several pagan religions

outdate Christianity, and that Christianity originated in ancient Egypt.

The truth is that Abraham believed on the Lord for salvation in

Genesis 15:6 (about 2,000 B.C.). Christianity was here from the

Creation, which is evidenced by Abel's offering of a blood sacrifice to

God (thus signifying his faith in the coming Savior). People were

saved back in the Old Testament the same way we are today—by

grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8,9).

When Noah and his family walked off the ark, Christianity had no

competition. It wasn't until men came together in UNITY that they

corrupted themselves once again, that God segregated them across

the earth in Genesis 11:9. So, Biblically, Christianity came before any

pagan religions. It wasn't until 566 B.C. that Buddha arrived. Anyone

who thinks Christianity didn't exist until the time of Christ is ignorant.

Psalm 22 was written around 1000 B.C. by king David, prophesying the

crucifixion of Christ.

Most of this was copy and paste because i wanted to deliver this

message quick-

Here is the source of informaton i got all these things from

-http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/why.htm

Dear lovingthelord:

The KJV King James Version Bible deletes the Biblical word "light" from

the text of Isaiah 53:11!

Here is Isaiah 53:11 in the KJV: "He shall see the travail of his soul,

and shall be satisfied; by his knowledge shall my righteous servant

justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."

Here is Isaiah 53:11 in the NIV: "After the suffering of his soul, he will

see the light of life, and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous

servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities."

The KJV verse in Isaiah 53:11 does not have the resurrection of Jesus

Christ; by its use of the word light in the NIV, the NIV does have the

light of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The Septuagint Greek LXX OT (Old Testament) has the biblical word

light. Only the corrupt, false, Pharisaical Rabbinic Masoretic Hebrew

text of 800 AD does not have the original Hebrew word "light", which is

present in the Dead Sea Scrolls Hebrew Bible, the oldest known Hebrew

manuscript of the Old Testament.

Here is the verse Isaiah 53:11 in the New English Translation of the

Septuagint (NETS), which also has the OT word "light":

"And the Lord wishes to take from the pain of his soul, to show him

light and fill him with understanding, to justify a righteous one who is

well subject to many, and he himself shall bear their sins."

Don't you know what the devil has done to the KJV? He has deleted

the word "light" from the text of Isaiah 53:11, because the KJV

translators falsely used the Hebrew text of the Old Testament, instead

of the more accurate Greek Old Testament!

God bless you always in Christ Jesus the Saviour. Amen. In Erie PA

USA September 23, 2011 AD Scott R. Harrington

L

Laodicea

[FONT=&quot]NIV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whole Verses Omitted[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 17:21 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 18:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 23:14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark 7:16 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 9:44 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 9:46 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 11:26 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 15:28[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 17:36[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 23:17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] John 5:4 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 8:37[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 15:34[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 24:7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 28:29[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 16:24 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 John 5:7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Verses omitted 17[/FONT]

S

SantoSubito

The KJV is rather wordy with it's poetic syntax, so it doesn't surprise me that a translation like the NIV would convey the same message with fewer words (not to mention the NIV uses contractions). But there is no inspired English version, the KJV istself has been revised and redacted many times, in fact, some of the readings are different between the Oxford and Cambridge editions of the KJV in use today.

S

Scotth1960

That's some CRAZY stuff right there!! But out of the 64,576 words that were removed, does that include "doth, thee, thou..." basically all the King James tongue twisters
Dear Lil_christian. How do you, or I, or anyone else know whether or not it was the KJV that ADDED 74,576 words TO the Bible, TO the word of God? How do we know the NIV removed ANY words? What is the true, original OT Bible: the Masoretic Hebrew text, which is 800 years after Christ, or the Greek OT Septuagint, which is 200 years BEFORE Christ?
The KJV OT is based on a faulty, corrupted Hebrew Rabbinic/Pharisaical OT text!
The Greek text behind the KJV OT is not perfect. It contains some errors. I would say only some members of the Greek (Russian, Romanian, etc.) Orthodox Church know what is the correct, error-free text of the Greek NT!

L

Laodicea

Dear Lil_christian. How do you, or I, or anyone else know whether or not it was the KJV that ADDED 74,576 words TO the Bible, TO the word of God? How do we know the NIV removed ANY words? What is the true, original OT Bible: the Masoretic Hebrew text, which is 800 years after Christ, or the Greek OT Septuagint, which is 200 years BEFORE Christ?
The KJV OT is based on a faulty, corrupted Hebrew Rabbinic/Pharisaical OT text!
The Greek text behind the KJV OT is not perfect. It contains some errors. I would say only some members of the Greek (Russian, Romanian, etc.) Orthodox Church know what is the correct, error-free text of the Greek NT!
http://www.1611kingjamesbible.com

S

Scotth1960

Dear Laodicea, King James Bible 1611 does not prove which Bible we "should" use. It doesn't prove the KJV is superior in every translation to the NIV, NASB, ESB, NEB, REB, NKJV, MKJV, KJ21, TMB: NAV, OSB (SAAS), EOB, ONT, etc.
It doesn't prove that Isaiah 53:11 in the KJV is right, and Isaiah 53:11 in the NIV is wrong. It doesn't prove that the word "light" shouldn't be in Isaiah 53:11, or that the word "light" should be in Isaiah 53:11. I believe the correct text of the OT is the Greek LXX Septuagint. The KJV OT is based on the Hebrew, and therefore, has the false, Hebrew (rabbinic-Pharisaic) readings. The NIV version of Isaiah 53:11 is based on the Greek OT and the oldest Hebrew manuscript, the DSSB (Dead Sea Scrolls Bible in Hebrew).
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington September 2011 AD

S

Scotth1960

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

no weapon forged against you will prevail,and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
declares the Lord.

See how watered down the effect of the words have become thanks to the NIV translation?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

From the NIV you can see Jesus is no longer proclaimed as the “only BEGOTTEN Son of God.”.

"The NIV translators removed 64,576 words as compared to the King James Bible! Words are very important! God put “every Word” there for a reason, i.e., so we could live by them! Matthew 4:4, “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” If I am to live for God, then I need an “every Word” Bible. We have it thank God, in the inspired King James Bible! The Bible is truth!"

In sharp contrast, modern Bibles are corrupt and; therefore, produce corrupt teachings. Just the fact that the NIV translators completely removed the critically important Word, “GODHEAD” from Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20 and Colossians 2:9 is reason enough to run away from the NIV as fast as you can.

that's not all that the wicked NIV deceivers took out of the Bible. The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words: fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit.

Don't you see what the Devil has done to God's Word? Satan only comes to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). If the Devil can't destroy the Bible, then he tries to change It (Romans 1:25). If the Devil can't change the Bible, then he tries to replace it with fables. The latest Satanic gimmick is the claim that several pagan religions outdate Christianity, and that Christianity originated in ancient Egypt. The truth is that Abraham believed on the Lord for salvation in Genesis 15:6 (about 2,000 B.C.). Christianity was here from the Creation, which is evidenced by Abel's offering of a blood sacrifice to God (thus signifying his faith in the coming Savior). People were saved back in the Old Testament the same way we are today—by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8,9).

When Noah and his family walked off the ark, Christianity had no competition. It wasn't until men came together in UNITY that they corrupted themselves once again, that God segregated them across the earth in Genesis 11:9. So, Biblically, Christianity came before any pagan religions. It wasn't until 566 B.C. that Buddha arrived. Anyone who thinks Christianity didn't exist until the time of Christ is ignorant. Psalm 22 was written around 1000 B.C. by king David, prophesying the crucifixion of Christ.

Most of this was copy and paste because i wanted to deliver this message quick-

Here is the source of informaton i got all these things from -http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/why.htm

Dear friend, Although the NIV is wrong to delete the word "begotten" from John 3:16, the KJV is wrong to delete the word "light" from Isaiah 53:11. The KJV follows the Hebrew for the OT, the Masoretic Hebrew, and this is a faulty, rabbinic text. It is not the original Hebrew Bible. The original Hebrew Bible is preserved in the Greek OT. The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible in Hebrew has some of the original Hebrew, but it may not be the best Hebrew Bible available. I would trust the Septuagint Bible because it is the Bible the early Church used, and the Bible known to our Lord Jesus Christ. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I've been told that NIV leaves out entire scriptures