No Seniors Group

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MilkNHoney

Jan 9, 2009
I'm feeling sad because there is no dedicated Seniors group. Us old people like to chat, too, and without having to worry about someone "hitting" on us or making us feel left out because we're not in a relationship with someone.
Why isn't there a Seniors group, especially for Single Seniors who just want to chat?
I wish there were more "Christian" groups here, too, for people who want to chat about Scripture, God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit, the life of a Christian, etc.
Maybe there should be a Relationships group, too, for people who only want to chat about relationships.

I miss the "Good ole days" when people LOVED to study the Bible. Complete strangers would get together at the drop of a hat for a Bible study in one's home. People loved to talk about God and they couldn't wait to share their testimony.
I miss the Church Revivals and good old fashioned Tent Meetings, especially the ones that would last for hours on end on wooden benches. Nowadays, people complain if the service goes over one hour, or if the seats aren't padded enough.
People are also too picky about the denomination. If they go on vacation, they only want to attend a church (IF they go to church at all) that is their denomination. The last time I went on a weekend vacation (a couple of decades ago) there was only one church in the small town and it wasn't my denomination, but that did not matter to me. It was God's house and that's all that mattered. If all they had was a Catholic church I would have attended a service just to hear God's word.

God can speak to anyone with an open mind who's listening to hear Him, any time, anywhere!

Someone, please start a Seniors group (single and/or single and married) for us Baby Boomers!

Apr 8, 2023
AUSTRALIA
I'm feeling sad because there is no dedicated Seniors group. Us old people like to chat, too, and without having to worry about someone "hitting" on us or making us feel left out because we're not in a relationship with someone.
Why isn't there a Seniors group, especially for Single Seniors who just want to chat?
I wish there were more "Christian" groups here, too, for people who want to chat about Scripture, God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit, the life of a Christian, etc.
Maybe there should be a Relationships group, too, for people who only want to chat about relationships.

I miss the "Good ole days" when people LOVED to study the Bible. Complete strangers would get together at the drop of a hat for a Bible study in one's home. People loved to talk about God and they couldn't wait to share their testimony.
I miss the Church Revivals and good old fashioned Tent Meetings, especially the ones that would last for hours on end on wooden benches. Nowadays, people complain if the service goes over one hour, or if the seats aren't padded enough.
People are also too picky about the denomination. If they go on vacation, they only want to attend a church (IF they go to church at all) that is their denomination. The last time I went on a weekend vacation (a couple of decades ago) there was only one church in the small town and it wasn't my denomination, but that did not matter to me. It was God's house and that's all that mattered. If all they had was a Catholic church I would have attended a service just to hear God's word.

God can speak to anyone with an open mind who's listening to hear Him, any time, anywhere!

Someone, please start a Seniors group (single and/or single and married) for us Baby Boomers!

I agree!!!! We need a group dedicated to we oldies!!!!!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you use the search function (the magnifying glass icon at the upper right hand side of the page) and
type in senior, and then select Search titles only, you will be presented with a list of threads started
with the word "senior" in them.
This one (<= link) has not been posted in for about ten months...

Of course, this thread can now be dedicated for use by seniors .:D

You could also start a PM and invite seniors into it, which would not be public.

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
There are a few of us here. We just don't say a whole lot...

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

Only the site owner can start new subforums. He purposefully keeps the number to a minimum to keep it simplified. So he's not going to add a bunch of new subforums of varying topics.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

The good ole days
When life was filled
With joy and happiness
Back when friends were friends
There wasn't time
For loneliness
Just look around
Where love abounds
In oh so many ways
You'll find a lot
To make you say
These are the good ole days

- The Cruse Family

About getting hit on by kids on the forum: Ever tried using a picture of a very elderly person as your avatar? Preferably somebody with a walker or in a wheelchair. I bet that would stop most of it.

About discussion about God and the Bible: Can't do that here. I mean... Ostensibly we have a whole forum for that, the Bible Discussion Forum. But there are too many people there who are too eager to argue about anything. I think it has something to do with wanting to prove how spiritual they are, or how much of the Bible they know. Try to start even the most innocuous thread there and watch the feeding frenzy. :rolleyes:

Shoot, we can't even start a serious religious thread here. We don't dare. It would be like blood in a sea of sharks. Like, we've tried before and they always smell it from way over in Bible Discussion Forum and swarm in to start arguing with everyone.

But I know it would be sweet if we could. Last year seven of us had a meet-up in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, USA, and we had some bible study-ish discussions. With nobody there eager to prove they were more holy than anyone else, we had some pretty good talks. :cool: And we were all just friends from this very forum, hanging out at a meet-up.

But we don't DARE try to have such discussions here in the forum. Nope nope nope nope.

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
But I know it would be sweet if we could. Last year seven of us had a meet-up in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, USA, and we had some bible study-ish discussions. With nobody there eager to prove they were more holy than anyone else, we had some pretty good talks. :cool: And we were all just friends from this very forum, hanging out at a meet-up.
Yes, there was much food and fellowship!