No, the earth is not flat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 29, 2021
I believe I understand what you meant by saying this; however, you are trying to "visualize" the Flat Earth model from a Ball Earth model POV - which will not work.
As a remark? Well, one important way to visualize an actual flat Earth model is to download the game Hangman for your Android or iPhone. It gets kind of scary as you inquire into it. I remember studying the alternative math in college and as I found out what it was, I got creeped out. One thing about that particular subculture (alternative math can really be termed occult in a literal sense) is that I personally came to have a lot of enemies. I was reading that deliberately in order to learn it, and it kind of dawned on me after I came to know it that a lot of slimy people had been setting me up and presenting me as someone "in the know" on that topic and causing me legal problems. I dropped them socially, but it is still very freaky to really finally understand what all that is.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
He is saying that a flat earther would not expect to encounter any ice shelves anywhere on the equator.

Because, there are no ice shelves on the equator. ( in either model )

In the Flat Earth model:

~ there is no 'south pole'; instead, there is an 'ice wall' - which is a continuous ring around the oceans.

~ You can "circumnavigate" [the earth] in the East-West direction (in a circular path) but not in the North-South direction.
FE "logic" makes me dizzy. Guess what. You can circumnavigate the earth north to south. The Polar Icecap is the playground of nuclear submarines. The nuclear submarine "Nautilus" went under the northern icecap, proving that there is no wall. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nautilus_(SSN-571).

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
FE "logic" makes me dizzy. Guess what. You can circumnavigate the earth north to south. The Polar Icecap is the playground of nuclear submarines. The nuclear submarine "Nautilus" went under the northern icecap, proving that there is no wall. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nautilus_(SSN-571).
What you are talking about here is not circumnavigation - you have to go the entire 360 degrees while heading in the same direction until you return to the starting point to meet that definition.

Can you "circumnavigate" the earth in the North-South direction:

~ in the Ball Earth model? Yes
~ in the Flat Earth model? No

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
What you are talking about here is not circumnavigation - you have to go the entire 360 degrees while heading in the same direction until you return to the starting point to meet that definition.

Can you "circumnavigate" the earth in the North-South direction:

~ in the Ball Earth model? Yes
~ in the Flat Earth model? No
I have news for you. The FE model is wrong. Nuclear submarines have sailed under the North Pole and and aircraft have flown over the South Pole.

Does the direction West or East continually change as you go around the circle? How is that possible? Does 275 degrees magically curve around, yet stay 275 degrees. Impossible.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hmmm not a flat earther but forgive me this simple post does not prove its not. It is something else to read some Scientist go into great debates and theories. Some talked about curve of the earth I just noticed this again the other day where if you put the two pictures together WOW one is more curved then the other. Anyway way to much to get into and I myself don't believe all the other nations that have been into space are all in on "ITS ROUND NOT FLAT" haha.. I could be wrong haha. Never heard of someone (take with a grain of salt) where God shows them something on the earth where they are out side of the earth saying "the lord showed me the flat earth". Its always been round. <--thats not proof haha.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
In the Flat Earth model:

~ there is no 'south pole'; instead, there is an 'ice wall' - which is a continuous ring around the oceans.
'south pole' is not just a topological but also a magnetic terminology.

behold, the magnetic field of a disc - readily verifiable by any of a number of experiments anyone reading this thread can perform
((those experiments are left for the better student to google)):

Magnetic-field-lines-for-discs.jpg

on a flat earth, magnetic north is "up" and magnetic north is "down"
((at an angle proportional to latitude))

if the earth was flat, compasses could not exist.

[/endthread]

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
@JStates

Hey dude, did you catch the news that North Korea took pictures of the earth from space? I high doubt that Kim Jung bro is in on the whole round earth thing . . . what do you think?

Cracks me up! LOL

North Korea tests a nuclear-capable missile - YouTube

They look pretty convincing, the pics of earth, that is.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
@JStates

Hey dude, did you catch the news that North Korea took pictures of the earth from space? I high doubt that Kim Jung bro is in on the whole round earth thing . . . what do you think?

Cracks me up! LOL

It's a worry. The missiles will hit the glass dome and bounce off. They could end up anywhere. Or worse, explode and destroy the glass dome. All our air will be gone and we will all die. I'm astounded that it has not happened already. Hitler's V2's could have easily hit the dome and exploded. Perhaps an FE can explain why not?

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
@JStates

Cracks me up! LOL

I'm wondering why there are no stabilizer fins on their missiles, and how they got all those great camera angles on them. Like the shots where the camera is ABOVE the missile looking down on it as it comes towards the camera.

Lol.

Now I'm just wondering why NASA can't give us HD globe pics like this.

The NK globe looks completely fake to me. That picture would have to be WAY far out. Are those shots being taken from inside the body of a missile? That's not where you would mount a camera. Also, the light isn't right. Something is lighting up the inside rim/porthole on the right hand side but the sun is supposedly shining on the globe from that side, so it should more brightly light up the left if at all. But the fakers love putting portholes, solar panels, etc. in the frame so it looks "more real."

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I'm wondering why there are no stabilizer fins on their missiles, and how they got all those great camera angles on them. Like the shots where the camera is ABOVE the missile looking down on it as it comes towards the camera.

Lol.

Now I'm just wondering why NASA can't give us HD globe pics like this.

The NK globe looks completely fake to me. That picture would have to be WAY far out. Are those shots being taken from inside the body of a missile? That's not where you would mount a camera. Also, the light isn't right. Something is lighting up the inside rim/porthole on the right hand side but the sun is supposedly shining on the globe from that side, so it should more brightly light up the left if at all. But the fakers love putting portholes, solar panels, etc. in the frame so it looks "more real."
Good points. What else is funny is that it is claimed that these missiles can reach "some" American land, such as Guam. Uh . . . hello@ If their missiles can get this far into "space" then they can reach any destination, even the moon. To get this deep into space, they could literally bomb the moon (if that in itself is even possible).