NO WHITE BOY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Funny. Trash talking me are you? "whining?" What a crock. Jordan himself said if he had four players like Danny Ange, that team would go undefeated. Seems like Jordan thought four white guys and him could win it all, huh?

Instead of whining that Jordans comment, trash talk or not, was a racial slur, and no big deal, just admit the truth. As well, pretending that it would not matter if a white player said the same about black players wouldn't cause a ruckus, just admit the truth. By the way, I searched for some of Birds trash talk, he was quite adept at it, and the worst thing I found was he once told a college player.......... Young fellow, seems like '84 doesn't it......

WOW.......that's the worst? Bird had so many "dirty tricks" he used to guard opposing players that was enough to make the difference. Jordan commented on those tricks more than once. Like when a player tried to make a move, Bird would pull on their shorts, throwing them off their game. Horrible stuff like that!

Of course there was a time when blacks were not prevalent in the NBA. For that matter at any level of various Sports...........College or Pros. Now though, at both the College and Pro levels, they are the dominate race on pretty much every team. No problems from me with that because the Coaches are playing the best players they can.

It does amuse me, however, to think what would happen if "Affirmative Action" standards were applied to College and Pro Sports..........
The problem with your post is you assume that racial slurs against whites are ignored which was total baloney because the biggest fracas over racial slurs was when Isaiah Thomas said that if Bird was black he would just be an average guy. That caused a firestorm and it was Bird who had to come in and say "it didn't bother him and if it didn't bother him he doesn't understand why everyone else is crying about it"

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The problem with your post is you assume that racial slurs against whites are ignored which was total baloney because the biggest fracas over racial slurs was when Isaiah Thomas said that if Bird was black he would just be an average guy. That caused a firestorm and it was Bird who had to come in and say "it didn't bother him and if it didn't bother him he doesn't understand why everyone else is crying about it"
My "assumption" is based on both my life experiences and the simple truth of what happens in our daily lives in this Country. What you call assumption, I know to be learned facts through experiences. Big difference.

However, I never suggested that "trash talk" is only done by blacks against whites, nor did I suggest that whites did not engage in racial slurs. We both know that such slurs go every direction from peoples to peoples. However, to say that our Society reacts equally to those slurs is simply wrong.

What we are calling "trash talk" in this Thread was called (when I was in the Army" playing the numbers. During the late 60's and early 70's, playing the numbers was a common event among blacks and some whites in the Army. No one got their feelings hurt by the words said. If someone did get upset/hurt, they lost the game, and were not included in the game playing anymore. I think you may be aware of what playing the numbers involves, so I won't go into that. Mainly because it was a crude way of insulting each other to see who would get upset first. And, yes, racial slurs were a big part of the game. As was saying stuff about ones mother or other family members.

What I was pointing out in this Thread is how (in todays world) Jordans trash talk made no waves when reported. Yet, even when some white Personalities, Politicians make such a slur, OR were recorded in years past making such a slur, they are taken to task in a serious way by various groups and/or the Media.

There is a double standard in our society, and that is simply the truth. No one has to look further than the events of the past several years to see that is TRUTH. BLM is one example, as are the various events involving racial disturbances verses political disturbances. How the "demonstrations" in California and Washington, and some Eastern Cities were reported in the Media verses how the January 6th political demonstration was, and is still being reported. Anyway, we are beating a dead horse I think. Neither of us are going to change our minds concerning what we believe, so.......

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
zxcvbnmdfghjklertyuio
My "assumption" is based on both my life experiences and the simple truth of what happens in our daily lives in this Country. What you call assumption, I know to be learned facts through experiences. Big difference.

However, I never suggested that "trash talk" is only done by blacks against whites, nor did I suggest that whites did not engage in racial slurs. We both know that such slurs go every direction from peoples to peoples. However, to say that our Society reacts equally to those slurs is simply wrong.

What we are calling "trash talk" in this Thread was called (when I was in the Army" playing the numbers. During the late 60's and early 70's, playing the numbers was a common event among blacks and some whites in the Army. No one got their feelings hurt by the words said. If someone did get upset/hurt, they lost the game, and were not included in the game playing anymore. I think you may be aware of what playing the numbers involves, so I won't go into that. Mainly because it was a crude way of insulting each other to see who would get upset first. And, yes, racial slurs were a big part of the game. As was saying stuff about ones mother or other family members.

What I was pointing out in this Thread is how (in todays world) Jordans trash talk made no waves when reported. Yet, even when some white Personalities, Politicians make such a slur, OR were recorded in years past making such a slur, they are taken to task in a serious way by various groups and/or the Media.

There is a double standard in our society, and that is simply the truth. No one has to look further than the events of the past several years to see that is TRUTH. BLM is one example, as are the various events involving racial disturbances verses political disturbances. How the "demonstrations" in California and Washington, and some Eastern Cities were reported in the Media verses how the January 6th political demonstration was, and is still being reported. Anyway, we are beating a dead horse I think. Neither of us are going to change our minds concerning what we believe, so.......
Instead of looking at this "trash talking" as racial slurs, or "violence" we should take the Lord's word. Nothing coming from without us defiles us, but rather can pass through and go into the dung pile. The things that defile us come from our own heart. After saying this the Lord is met by a woman whose daughter is possessed by this "woke demon". The Lord tells her it isn't right to throw the children's bread to the dogs. That should be a very insulting word that would have gotten people cancelled today, instead the woman sees this word as the cure saying even the pet dogs get to eat the crumbs which fall from the master's table.

Instead of viewing Jordan's word as a slur "no white boy has been able to stop me" take it as a challenge to man up.

It is words like this that help us remove the poison of fear and unbelief from our heart. Demons view these words as violence, the Lord views them as a laxative that will help you remove the poop from your bowels.

Dec 29, 2023
Now, it may well have just been "trash talk," but IF a white player had said the same thing about black players, can you imagine how crazy the NBA player, and Media would have gone? Seriously. Is "trash talk" racist remark STILL Racist?

That's why I'm less inclined to talk to black folks anymore, especially
the younger one that are being taught all white people are racist