noah... a few questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jbird171

So I was just reading Genesis and it says when Noah went into the ark he was 300 years old and that the flood lasted for 150 days then lived for 350 years after the flood but died at 950 years old... I guess my question is how what he 950... maybe I'm missing something and need help understanding.... I know its talks also about in the 600th year they did something to the top of the arc.... I'm just confused please help

T

Tintin

how what he 950? I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm guessing something about Noah's age. God allowed people to live for much longer in the early days of human history.

E

eternally-gratefull

So I was just reading Genesis and it says when Noah went into the ark he was 300 years old and that the flood lasted for 150 days then lived for 350 years after the flood but died at 950 years old... I guess my question is how what he 950... maybe I'm missing something and need help understanding.... I know its talks also about in the 600th year they did something to the top of the arc.... I'm just confused please help

Gen 7: 4 says noah was 600 years old when he entered the ark.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
how what he 950? I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm guessing something about Noah's age. God allowed people to live for much longer in the early days of human history.
She was asking about the math. 300 years + 150 days + 350 years doesn't equal 950 years. And actually it's Genesis 7:6 that says he was 600 when the rains fell.

M

Mammachickadee

Sure he wasn't 600 years old? There is a possibility that the 150 days wasn't our current interpretation of 1 day=24 hours. There are many instances of this type of thing in the Bible because of the different languages used and different calendars throughout history.

T

Tintin

People try to make the Bible say whatever they want it to say. Here, 600 years means 600 years. God isn't the Author of Confusion.

May 15, 2013
Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

Matthew 24:22
“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be
shortened.

Just imagine if we would had lived nine hundred years; God servants would had eventually has given up. That would been too long to dwell in a God forsaken place without surrendering over to the dark side.

Oct 28, 2012
brother jbird...

noah was 600 years old when he entered the ark... noah entered the ark on may 17th... and they exited the ark ONE YEAR AND TEN DAYS LATER... which was on may 27th... which is a total of 370 days according to the jewish sacred calendar... for each month has 30 days...

noah then lived 350 years more after the flood... so when noah entered the ark he was 600 years old... then we add 350 years which noah lived after the flood... and we get 950 years total... noah's life on earth...

Last edited:

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I. The Receding Waters, 1-14[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] A. A wind to facilitate the evaporation process – God uses the natural process of time and the elements – wind and heat.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] B. The time sequence:
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] 1. For five months – 150 days the waters continued to rise. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] 2. After God brings the wind, it takes two months for the water to subside enough for the ark to touch ground.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3. After another two months and thirteen days, the mountain tops become visible. This probably represents a minimum water loss of 22'. This is now a total of nine months and thirteen days.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]4. After forty more days, Noah opens the window of the ark. Sends out both the raven and the dove. Only the dove returns. Why. The raven, being a carnivore and a scavenger, is able to find both land and food. There are about thirty days of time here that are unaccounted for. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] 5. After seven more days he sends out the dove the second time and the dove returns.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]6. After another seven days he sends the dove out for the third time and the dove does not return. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] 7. Noah remains in the ark for another ten days.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]8. Total amount of time on the ark – twelve months, and ten days.[/FONT]