Noah walked with God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2009
Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation; Noah walked with God. Gen 6:9 RSV

What does it mean to “walk with God”? Are we supposed to have a personal relationship with him? Are all of us supposed to walk with God?

B

Belgian_Pilot

Yes, you hit the nail. I try to walk with God as good as possible. Though I think in my case, He has to tow me a lot instead. Good thing He's very strong :D.

Dec 19, 2009
Yes, you hit the nail. I try to walk with God as good as possible. Though I think in my case, He has to tow me a lot instead. Good thing He's very strong :D.
I suppose I make life very difficult for him. I am always complaining.

G

greatkraw

This is a good point

what we lose track of is the Church age is something very special

certain individual believers in the Old Testament had a special relationship with God; most believers did not

In the Church age that relationship is available to ALL OF US

that is why the smallest in God's kingdom is greater than John the Baptist

the church Age will end with the rapture

and that TYPE of relationship will once again become the exception rather than the rule

Dec 21, 2009
If you read the Book of Job
YOU will see that JOB himself had some interesting conversations with GOD
REMEMBER
JOB was the most righteous man of his day and soo much so that GOD HIMSELF bragged about him to Satan
IF
YOU have not read JOB
the jest is
Satan said JOB only worships you because he is blessed and has everything he could ever desire
SO
GOD said
take it away from him then
Satan killed JOB's children and took away all his possessions
leaving only his wife and few mentionables but basically took everything away from JOB
and when JOB's wife said curse GOD and die JOB did exactly the opposite he worshipped GOD and thanked HIM for everything
GUESS what
GOD bragged on JOB again to Satan
this time Satan said that is because he is protected by you and I cannot touch him without your permission
(which is a lesson here Satan has no power until we give it to him because GOD has us protected)
SO GOD said do anything to him but dont kill him
and Satan brought boils and sores upon his body
and what did his wife and friends say to JOB?
curse GOD and die
what did JOB do?
he still worshipped GOD
but
to make the point I began to make
WAS
as you read you will see that JOB questions GOD
he says to GOD, HEY why are you doing this to me?
What is your problem?
WHY DID JOB DO THIS AND SAY THIS TO GOD
BECAUSE
a personal walk in GOD is a 1 on 1 communication
when you speak to GOD like HE is not just your GOD but your best friend, your WORSHIP lover, your confidant, your buddy
HE WILL BE THERE FOR YOU UNTIL THE END
IN FACT
at the end of JOB
GOD SAYS to JOBs friends...JOB is right in what he said and asked me. He was sinless.
AND THEN
GOD BLESSED ALL THAT HE LOST
DOUBLE PORTION

IF YOUR WALK IN GOD IS NOT REAL AND SINCERE AND FACTUAL
YOU ARE WASTING YOURS AND GODs TIME.......PERIOD
BE REAL TO GOD
BECAUSE
HE IS DESIRING FOR YOU TO BE REAL TO HIM LIKE HE IS TO YOU..........

Dec 19, 2009
certain individual believers in the Old Testament had a special relationship with God; most believers did not
I’m guessing people back in Old Testament days weren’t that much different than us. Just like there must be people who pray constantly today, there must have been people who prayed constantly then, don’t you think?

Oct 1, 2009
Actually if you read a lot of powerful preachers of the past, many of them spent hours upon hours in their prayer closet. Prayer is the one thing the majority of the Church is missing, which is why it is so dreadfully weak. I always wondered how come the Old Testament saints had such close communion with God, yet us, with the better promises and better covenant, have a far more limited communion, something isn't right here, either the new covenant isn't better or we're flat out not even bothering to use it.

C

charisenexcelcis

My favorite verse from Job: "I lay my hand on my mouth."

G

greatkraw

I’m guessing people back in Old Testament days weren’t that much different than us. Just like there must be people who pray constantly today, there must have been people who prayed constantly then, don’t you think?
people miss the point that in the Church age God works differently and the Holy Spirit is available to ALL Church Age believers in a way that he was not before the church Age and after the Church Age.

John the Baptist closed the Old Testament and he is less than "the least in the Kingdom of God"

Dec 19, 2009
people miss the point that in the Church age God works differently and the Holy Spirit is available to ALL Church Age believers in a way that he was not before the church Age and after the Church Age.

John the Baptist closed the Old Testament and he is less than "the least in the Kingdom of God"
I’m sure God was always there for anyone who wanted to have a personal relationship with him. The fact that Noah “walked” with him is evidence of this, don’t you think?

G

greatkraw

There were manybelievers in Israel in the timeof Saul and David

But Saul had an experience of God's Spirit in a special way. God withdrew that.

David also experienced God's Spirit upon him and prayed in Psalm 51 that God WOULD NOT withdraw His spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.