Nostradamus and the bible is he a flase prophet or is he on to soemthing?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jenniferand2

Senior Member
Mar 19, 2016
1,433
33
48
has anyone done a study on Nostradamus and his theology and relate it to the bible to see if he was on to something or if he is considered a false prophet? I am just curious I now it has been done but I want to know what normal everyday people think. I am doing a bit of studying on this myself now.
 
Unless the person's words come directly from God they are just another false prophet/fraud. Typically, with prophetic words the prophet would just be speaking on behalf of God as a simple messenger. Their purpose was always to bring us back/closer to God and to warn of things to come and how to avoid them by turning back to God -- in simple terms always two parts first judgement and a chance for redemption. Nostradamus does not fit the build and is just another fortune teller that is not of God. Definitely not worth studying -- better to take that time and study the bible.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jenniferand2
A great percentage of what Nostradamus wrote is in cryptic code that is incomprehensible to most people. He speaks of obscure events and has been misinterpreted by many people. Ive read that he got his information from seeing visions in bowls of water. I wouldn't waste time with it.
 
yeah, the key to being a "good" fortune teller is by being as obscure as possible -- given a vague enough prediction, enough people, and enough time the event is bound to take place at some point and people's mind just fill in the rest.
 
he was far ahead of his time in medical research.
there have been to arguments on ND.
1) his passion was medicine and helping others and the visions were something he wanted no part of but let revealed to a small circle of friends and later exaggerated.
2) he was involved in dark occult practices.
 
has anyone done a study on Nostradamus and his theology and relate it to the bible to see if he was on to something or if he is considered a false prophet? I am just curious I now it has been done but I want to know what normal everyday people think. I am doing a bit of studying on this myself now.

I knew a guy who actually got saved as a result of the urban legend Nostradamus predicted 9/11. It actually woke him up to prophecy, which when taken seriously will make just about anyone run to Jesus. Especially when you see the season applies to us here and now.