Not a Salvation Issue / Not Required for Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SophieT

You asked questions and then you addressed them yourself in your posts. Why would I respond to questions that have already been answered, it does not make sense.
If I had disagreed with them I would have responded.

I was actually surprised at your answers because from your previous posts in this thread you have shown that you do not want to obey God and have been supporting those who have the same mind-set as yourself.
I thought it was a sign of repentance, but seeing this post it is clearly not.

You are in agreement with gb9. I will also ask the same question, which bible verses have I written out of context? You want to convince yourself that they are out of context because you do not want to do them because you do not love God. Not only do your posts demonstrate that you do not read the bible that tells you God’s will. You are also offended at anyone that mentions parts of the bible that do not suit you.
Absolute foolishness on your part and I would expect nothing less coming from someone in love with their own opinions.

Jun 25, 2020
No , it says he NEVER knew them . If he NEVER knew them, they NEVER received him . These as Mat 7 says are FALSE prophets.
They did receive Jesus and we know this because they called him Lord.

But they did not have a relationship with Jesus because they disobeyed Him and therefore Jesus never knew them. As much as you have received Jesus, but do not have a relationship with Him because you choose to disobey Him. Jesus does not know you as well throughfaith.

Jun 25, 2020
@throughfaith , @Adstar , @SophieT and @gb9

The root word in Christian, is Christ. A true Christian is a follower of Christ and mimics His behavior and character and wants to be like Him.

Christ delighted to do God’s will and a true Christian will also delight to do God’s will.

You should actually stop calling yourselves Christians because you are not. And the biggest problem of people like you is that you are hindrance to spreading the Gospel and cause Christianity to be a joke to unbelievers and atheists.

At least other Christians want to change and when they abide in Christ and through much pray they will change little by little. I have heard of conversions to Christianity because of people seeing change in those who decided to be Christians. Seeing them become better every day caused a desire in them to also be Christians

But the problem with you is that you did not to change and want keep your wicked ways.

Most people have not read the bible and therefore decide on what Christianity is by looking at the behavior of Christians. A lot of non-Christians are disgusted with Christianity because of people like you who do not want to behave like Christ.

You hear atheists say, “Why should I be a Christian? A lot of them are more rotten than non-Christians and most of them are hypocrites.”

You see this also with Muslims as well. They do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but they do believe that he had virtue, meekness, kindness, love and righteousness. However, they do not want to be Christian. What is the reason for this? Because they see people like you who do not behave like Christ. They do not see the values that He possesses.

This is what Ghandhi said about Christians.

1613362321311.png

@throughfaith , @Adstar , @SophieT and @gb9 You are supposed to be better than Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and people of other religions, but you are worse than them. You are supposed to be the light of the world, instead you want to bring darkness. You are supposed to desire to be like Christ, but instead you want to behave like the devil and disobey God.

I repeat that again that you stop calling yourselves Christians because you are not and you are hindering the gospel by your corrupt characters. It is because of people like you that it is difficult to convince others to become Christians.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
If John 10 refers only to the Jews, then John 3:16 refers to the Jews only as well?

But they did not have a relationship with Jesus because they disobeyed Him and therefore Jesus never knew them. As much as you have received Jesus, but do not have a relationship with Him because you choose to disobey Him. Jesus does not know you as well throughfaith.
It says he NEVER knew them .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

You don't think there's people today who boast about what they do for the Lord, use ' Lord' Quite a bit but are not actually saved ? I know Jehovah witnesses who call out ' Lord ' .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

///They did receive Jesus and we know this because they called him Lord./// Who is the ' they ' in Chapter 7?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

If you never knew your wife ,have you met ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

The root word in Christian, is Christ. A true Christian is a follower of Christ and mimics His behavior and character and wants to be like Him.

Christ delighted to do God’s will and a true Christian will also delight to do God’s will.

You should actually stop calling yourselves Christians because you are not. And the biggest problem of people like you is that you are hindrance to spreading the Gospel and cause Christianity to be a joke to unbelievers and atheists.

At least other Christians want to change and when they abide in Christ and through much pray they will change little by little. I have heard of conversions to Christianity because of people seeing change in those who decided to be Christians. Seeing them become better every day caused a desire in them to also be Christians

But the problem with you is that you did not to change and want keep your wicked ways.

Most people have not read the bible and therefore decide on what Christianity is by looking at the behavior of Christians. A lot of non-Christians are disgusted with Christianity because of people like you who do not want to behave like Christ.

You hear atheists say, “Why should I be a Christian? A lot of them are more rotten than non-Christians and most of them are hypocrites.”

You see this also with Muslims as well. They do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but they do believe that he had virtue, meekness, kindness, love and righteousness. However, they do not want to be Christian. What is the reason for this? Because they see people like you who do not behave like Christ. They do not see the values that He possesses.

View attachment 225453

@throughfaith , @Adstar , @SophieT and @gb9 You are supposed to be better than Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and people of other religions, but you are worse than them. You are supposed to be the light of the world, instead you want to bring darkness. You are supposed to desire to be like Christ, but instead you want to behave like the devil and disobey God.

I repeat that again that you stop calling yourselves Christians because you are not and you are hindering the gospel by your corrupt characters. It is because of people like you that it is difficult to convince others to become Christians.
Have we met ? You claim to know me?
Also if you lined up a jehovah witness, A Mormon and a Christian and asked a atheist to observe them for a month ,who do you think they would choose as looking the most ' Christian ' ? They would not pick the Christian . They would see all the rule keeping ,the door knocking , the clean cut behaviour from these cults , the witnessing, the attendance at all meetings and services ect . But they are not saved . They say ' Lord ', they pray, some cults ' cast out demons ' they fast , they call themselves 'foot step followers of Christ ', they boast that they alone are the closest resemblance of the early followers of Jesus . They claim to be the most christ like followers of Jesus on earth . But they do not know Jesus and Jesus does not know them. Why are they not saved? Because they never believed the Gosepl . They reject the Gospel . They are trying to do what christ did instead of believing what he did for them. works righteousness .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

View attachment 225453

What is the Gospel ?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

View attachment 225453

this arrogant, judgemental attitude IS a wicked way.

Jan 14, 2021
ECC. 12:13.
Let us hear the conclusion of the 'whole matter':
Fear God, and KEEP His Commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
HELLO???
Old Testament: old covenant. The new Testament is a different covenant. You are not obligated to observe the rules of the Old Testament. "Jew [observer of the old covenant] or Nonjew [not observing the old covenant], it matters not. For we are all one in Christ [observe the new covenant]" - Col 3:11-14 (paraphrased)

S

SophieT

View attachment 225453

this arrogant, judgemental attitude IS a wicked way.
Time to report this type of thing. I believe it is against the TOS to accuse and judge others as non-Christians.

Further, the claims of this poster are both ridiculous and inaccurate.

Quoting Gandhi is also a lapse in judgement as Gandhi was anything but a sweet old man.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I have listened to discussions between different Christians and also read different posts from CC members regarding the obedience of certain things in the bible and other members dismissing the topic and responding by saying “that this is not a salvation issue”. I am hoping that there are members who will answer the following questions for me:

1. How do you know if something in the bible is a salvation issue?
2. If something is not a salvation issue and is not required for salvation, does that mean that it does not matter to God if it is not obeyed?
1)

1. Sola scriptura: “Scripture alone”
2. Sola fide: “faith alone”
3. Sola gratia: “grace alone”
4. Solo Christo: “Christ alone”
5. Soli Deo gloria: “to the glory of God alone”

2)

See above.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

View attachment 225453

False accuser of the brethren.. I hope for your sake that God does not judge you with the measure you have judged us.. Repent before you die..

May you be forgiven..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In the old testament, it doers not speak of going to heaven or being alive after earthly death.
Old Testament writers most certainly do speak of life after death. And in more than one place, too!

One such place is Job 19:25-27 ~

I know that my Redeemer lives,
and in the end He will stand upon the earth.
Even after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God.
I will see Him for myself;
my eyes will behold Him, and not as a stranger.
How my heart yearns within me!

Another is Isaiah 26:19 ~

Your dead will live; their bodies will rise.
Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust!
For your dew is like the dew of the morning,
and the earth will bring forth her dead.

Look at Daniel 12:1-3 ~

At that time Michael, the great prince who stands watch over your people, will rise up. There will be a time of distress, the likes of which will not have occurred from the beginning of nations until that time. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.

And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt. Then the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever.

What about Psalm 49:15?

But God will redeem my life from Sheol, for He will surely take me to Himself.

Also look at Psalm 73:23-26 ~

Yet I am always with You;
You hold my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and later receive me in glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And on earth I desire no one besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Those far from You will surely perish;
You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.

Are you familiar with David at all? One has to wonder given your assertion above.
David comforted himself with the knowledge that he would see his dead child once again.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Frankly, all these explanations and analysis of scripture is just not something I am going to do. I wonder if you have quietly listened to the Holy Spirit?
Well, that's a new one! You mean that God wrote His word for nothing. Reading His word is how the Holy Spirit reveals His word to us. And what about the following:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work."

How can we know the scripture, if we don't read them? The book of Revelation has a special blessing for those who read the words that are written therein:

"Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near."

In the old testament, it doers not speak of going to heaven or being alive after earthly death.
"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed."

So, the information that Paul gave in the scripture above regarding living believers being changed immortal and glorified and then caught up to heaven, was a mystery prior his receiving it by direct revelation from the Lord.

Jesus told the man who was crucified with Him he would be with him at his earthly death. That is what scripture tells me, it is what I believe. I completely trust the Lord with how He will accomplish this.
Jesus said, "truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." How could Jesus promise the thief this since they both died that very same day? It was because He was talking about their spirits departing from their bodies and going down into Hades One side was a place of comfort/paradise and the other was a place of torment in flame, both sides being divided by a great chasm so that neither side could cross over.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
If it was the case that a failure to do the will of God disqualified that person from salvation. Then Everyone would be damned and there would be no point in striving to follow the Holy Bible..

And i believe this IS a Salvational issue.. If a person believes that their failure to do the will of God will affect their salvation in regard to the LAW and good works or religious observances. Then i believe that person is Not Saved... People who question the sufficiency of the Atonement that the LORD Jesus secured on the cross to save them Don't have that Atonement..

His Atonement Must be trusted in for one to have it cover them..

Amen!