Not able to cancel replying

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Hey guys I have an issue, when clicking reply to a thread the reply window opens. Lets say I clicked reply button accidentally now I don't want to reply this thread but I am not able get out of the window even if I do when replying another post in same thread I'm replying both this one and the one that got clicked accidentally before. Can you get my issue ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hey guys I have an issue, when clicking reply to a thread the reply window opens. Lets say I clicked reply button accidentally now I don't want to reply this thread but I am not able get out of the window even if I do when replying another post in same thread I'm replying both this one and the one that got clicked accidentally before. Can you get my issue ?
Yes, I understand, and many seem unaware of this problem and its solution also, which is:

Look at the icons above the message box. See the second last one on the right hand side?

That is where you can save or delete drafts. A draft is: a preliminary version of a piece of writing.

If you select delete draft, I would give it a few seconds to complete the action before navigating away from the thread.

A second option is to simply manually delete it the next time you respond in the same thread.

It will never show up again after that :D

If this does happen for some reason (like forgetting to delete using the delete draft option),
once you have posted your message and see something you do not want there, like part
of a previous post you no longer desire to respond to, you can edit the post to delete
the unwanted material. Please keep in mind: the edit window is open for only 5 minutes.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
When i misclick respond or decide not to respond i largely just ignore it. It'll go away. But if it's in your way for another post, highlight what you've written (i prefer ctrl+A) then backspace or delete it. Refresh the page and it should be gone.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Yes, I understand, and many seem unaware of this problem and its solution also, which is:

Look at the icons above the message box. See the second last one on the right hand side?

That is where you can save or delete drafts. A draft is: a preliminary version of a piece of writing.

If you select delete draft, I would give it a few seconds to complete the action before navigating away from the thread.

A second option is to simply manually delete it the next time you respond in the same thread.

It will never show up again after that :D

If this does happen for some reason (like forgetting to delete using the delete draft option),
once you have posted your message and see something you do not want there, like part
of a previous post you no longer desire to respond to, you can edit the post to delete
the unwanted material. Please keep in mind: the edit window is open for only 5 minutes.
I Am sorry but which one in these ?

btw I know the delete button after posting

Attachments

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hmmm, that's ok I'll post and delete it next time. May be it won't show up in mobile
She's on desktop. You're on mobile. That button isn't on mobile (for whatever reason).
My suggestion doesn't require it.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It's available on desktop mode in chrome.
Yes. It's not available on mobile. As in the mobile version of the site. Switching to desktop adds the button as its a desktop button. If you go to the mobile version using a PC it won't be there.
Ultimately the button isn't needed though. So switching to desktop is an extra step is all.