"Not by works" - false!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
What I have said may be obvious to many, but all the time I hear excuses from Christians to justify their sinning:
"Nobody is perfect" - nobody has said that you are
"God will forgive me" - actually, according to Matt 7:21, if you continue to sin after accepting Jesus, Jesus' sacrifice won't cover your sin (verse above)
"We're human, and humans are fallible" - typical excuse!
"It is impossible not to sin, as we are not perfect" - this article sums it up very well: https://www.gotquestions.org/go-and-sin-no-more.html
Have you heard these kind of excuses too?
I believe Jesus sacrifice covers all sins, if a person is in faith and then leaves faith and then comes back Jesus would welcome them with open arms, but then again, how likely is that to happen. Jesus has paid the penalty for all sins we have and will commit but at the same time if we wilfully sin again and again then we will reap the consequences. Its like King David and Bathsheba, he was forgiven for his wilful sin but paid the consequences he lived a life full of family problems and enemies, i think he is an inspiration actually, he remained in faith till the end.