Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

Hi PennEd,

Understanding the gospel is simple. Jesus is the Son of God and He can make me like Him.
That is our faith, and the narrow path we need to walk, on step at a time.

It is clear, like night follows day, many claim to believe Jesus yet deny He has the power and
authority to transform our lives. He took 12 men and changed the world with them through
the words of Life and the Holy Spirit. Likewise He can do that with us. Do you believer?
THIS is NOT the GOSPEL!!

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Seriously!!!

We will never be like Him, wow, I guess instead of falling at His feet you prefer to stand up right beside Him!!!

This such heresy, I can no longer respond to you.
Could you please post some scripture that says we are to fall at Jesus feet instead of being transformed into His likeness?

AFTER falling at Jesus' feet........salvation
John 3:3

We are to be like Him...
Romans 5:1-21 ESV / 174 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. ...

U

UnderGrace

Could you please post some scripture that says we are to fall at Jesus feet instead of being transformed into His likeness?

AFTER falling at Jesus' feet........salvation
John 3:3

We are to be like Him...
Romans 5:1-21 ESV / 174 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. ...

I never made this connection ....no response required.

Dec 12, 2013
Sorry bro, you don’t get to just ignore His word and make up your own gospel.

I keep His commandments.

His commandments are not burdensome, because I have a nature that is compatible with His, and I desire to please Him and have the power to live my life in obedience to Him.

It’s about love.

If you love Him, you will keep His commandment to love your brother.

If you love Him, you will obey Him.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Paul says it this way -

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

Stealing and lying to your brother is not loving him.

Committing adultery and coveting your brothers wife and things is not loving him.

When you say you can’t keep His commandments, what you are saying is you simply can’t love your Lord or love His people.

What you are saying is, the born again new nature you have been given is not enough, the power of the Holy Spirit you have been given is not enough.

What you are telling this Forum and all the people watching this thread, is Jesus and His gospel isn’t sufficient for you or His people.

You sir are an enemy to the cross and you need to repent.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

JPT
Keep thinking you keep his commandments.....that in and of itself breaks the one about lying........are you more spiritual than Paul.....nope.....read about his life.......all you are....a Johnny come lately Pharisee with a modern religious twist!!

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I never made this connection ....no response required.
Here's what you said Undergrace....

You should really watch what you say:

UnderGrace said:
Seriously!!!

We will never be like Him, wow, I guess instead of falling at His feet you prefer to stand up right beside Him!!!

Please note....
You said that INSTEAD OF falling at His feet,,,,the other member PREFERS to stand up right beside Him.

This pits standing up right beside Him with falling at His feet.

So, since standing up beside Him, means being like Him
INSTEAD of falling at His feet....

I ask again...could you please post some scripture that says we're supposed to FALL AT HIS FEET...
INSEAD OF being LIKE HIM.

Thanks.

Plain English.

U

UnderGrace

Here's what you said Undergrace....

You should really watch what you say:

Exactly,

I never said this...............

.....we are to fall at Jesus feet instead of being transformed into His likeness?

Evident to me you have changed my words.

UnderGrace said:
Seriously!!!

Please note....
You said that INSTEAD OF falling at His feet,,,,the other member PREFERS to stand up right beside Him.

This pits standing up right beside Him with falling at His feet.

So, since standing up beside Him, means being like Him
INSTEAD of falling at His feet....

I ask again...could you please post some scripture that says we're supposed to FALL AT HIS FEET...
INSEAD OF being LIKE HIM.

Thanks.

Plain English.

Dec 12, 2013
He has yet to be trained by the tutor
Amen....a modern day Pharisee with a religious lemon twist.....any person that states they KEEP the commandments of God are lying in the process........break the least = guilty of the whole....AND NO ONE goes without breaking the least...........

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
THIS is NOT the GOSPEL!!
Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To “believe” the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (y)

The gospel is a message of grace to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. The gospel is not salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works or a magicians power source to make it possible to save yourself only after you become like Jesus.

U

UnderGrace

I recognize that you constantly make comments without backing them up.

Of what value are your comments?
None whatsoever.
Are you having a bad day....:unsure::unsure::unsure: I am the one having a bad day, I come home from work and now I have a foot of snow to go shovel.

First of all if Mr. I can Follow in his Footsteps and be an Exact Duplicate thinks his words are the gospel let him respond to my challenge.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Keep thinking you keep his commandments....any person that states they KEEP the commandments of God are lying in the process.....
But the bible says who doesnt keep his commandments is a liar in the epistle of John?

Obviously someone is/was keeping them! Otherwise John would be just writing babble!

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Are you having a bad say....:unsure::unsure::unsure: I am the one having a bad day, I come home from work and now I have a foot of snow to go shovel.

First of all if Mr. I can Follow in his Footsteps and be an Exact Duplicate thinks his words are the gospel let him respond to my challenge.
He lists LOTS OF SCRIPTURE.
And that IS the gospel. I didn't hear anything about an exact duplicate.
Are you putting words in his mouth? Could you post that please? I might have missed it.....

YOU are the one that does NOT post scripture but DOES go ahead and make comments with no back up.

And BTW. Shoveling snow and working is a good thing.
Do it for God....
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Here's a bad day:
You wake up in the hospital and remember you have cancer.
Thank God you have your health and can work and shovel snow.

Dec 12, 2013
But the bible says who doesnt keep his commandments is a liar in the epistle of John?

Obviously someone is/was keeping them! Otherwise John would be just writing babble!

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
And what are the commandments......there are 613.....do you even know all 613? How can you keep them if you do not even know them........? Point being.....NO ONE KEEPS THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD....because in order to make that claim....one must have kept ALL APPPICABLE commandments 24/7/365 their whole life from birth to death......only 1 has done that and JustpassingthroughpretendingtokeepthecommandmentsofGod ain't the 1!

If we say that we have no sin we are deceived and the truth is not in us <- does this sounds like one who keeps the law??

N

NoNameMcgee

No scripture, huh?
usual.
you made the mistake of adding to UGs post

she never said she is not driven to conform to Gods will and not the world
she said instead of trying to prop yourself up as His equal you should fall to His feet

(from my understanding)

much like when i said Jesus keeps us saved and not works

then you claimed i am against works