Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
The scripture that say that Jesus did not come to save the righteous but to save sinners meant all before he came was sinners. Here you have sinners doing righteous things, obeying the commandments of God, giving to the needy and the poor, but yet was not saved,and because they were doing righteous things, it was not going to save them. So the works of righteousness before Jesus came was of no effect. Mercy came to all regardless if they were doing righteous works or not. BUT upon being saved if they believed, their righteous works were counted in their favor,which is obeying the word of God. JESUS SAID. Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, and not treasures on earth. What kinds of treasure are you storing up in heaven? by being righteous in the eyes of God.

T

theanointedsinner

common ground
- heaven exist
- salvation is important
- humans are capable of "good works"
- the Bible is true <-- agreeing with this one is very important

Scriptures and explanation

Apostle Paul's Lament
Romans 7:24 - What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death

if we put the two together for Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23
both are trying to say "all deserve death"

hence, what Apostle Paul is talking about "subject to death"

the most common object is, "I performed a church ritual, I do church, I live and breathe church, ur in ch__ch, I should be fine"

but here are two verses, that I highly doubt that you can wrestle against with much success.

1 John 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
1 Cor 10:12 - So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

and I believe 1 Cor 12:10 is a critical verse for this one, to obey it, we must never think that we are standing firm (sin is still possible), hence, refuting "sinless perfectionism"

Romans 12:3 - be sober-minded

incase if we think that works can fix that problem
consider Isaiah 64:6

Isaiah 64:6 - all our righteous acts are like filthy rags

for trying to work for salvation, this is not looking good

the answer why, is found in 1 Cor 13:3
1 Cor 13:3 - If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

incase if you want to say, "our heart is holy", consider Jeremiah 17:9
Jeremiah 17:9 - The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I believe that this scripture-based proof is air-tight, straightforward direct proof, unless if you willfully misinterpret them (I hope not)

If for a moment, you allow yourself to assume that this proof is airtight, you'll realize the truth of Matt 19:26
Matt 19:26 - With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

with man, it's impossible for works to achieve salvation,
with God, all things, (including your salvation) is possible

in conclusion, Not by Works, but faith in God's grace

Q.E.D. (in theory, I can rest my case, hopefully the theory that "I can rest my case" can be true)