Not REAL Christian music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Ah yes the whole music issue, in all honesty it's entirely about ppls preference not about if it is true Christian music or not, I like Christian rock and hip hop I like some Christian country and sometimes some actual gospel singing music but I HATE rap it's very annoying to me but I won't say that it isn't true Christian music just because I strongly dislike it.

The thing is though a lot of ppl who attack and bash others because of their preference of Christian music cannot see how God uses all these different kinds of Christian music to reach his children because they are stubborn and in all honesty close minded. I am not really into Christian metal as it makes me a bit uncomfortable but who am I to put God in a box?

B

Blazinbones

Great Points to bring home, Blain. I'm not a big rap fan, but I can tell you that by listening, I have found some I like. TobiMac for example comes pretty close to the rap genre at times. I personally get frustrated that most US based Christian stations play only rock/ contemporary stuff. There is a ton of great work in gospel, rap, metal, choir, and other feels out there. Southern Gospel in particular has some creative stuff, but that's too 'churchy'. Probably means it has a good message in my book.