Not the whole world...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
For years, more than a decade, I disliked hearing: “...and the whole world lies in the power of the Evil one”. That sounded me hopeless, sad and “true”.

Those who belong to the watchtower of the Jehovah´s witness abuse it “to explain” the evil in the world; when there are disasters we don´t dare to mention God punishing the earth.

I dislike mentioning God´s name when there are dozens using it to get money (or to get what she-he wants). God has absolute right to do what He does: He is God! (But not the whole world lies under the power of the Evil one).

I have seen Jehovah´s witness seldom vote: That´s their right! But Christianity does not deserve evil men ruling nations. Do we?

“Democracy” gives us a chance to vote for a “better government”, but we are in the mess of unbelieving men and women. Who am I to blame?

I will not blame John for that mistaken idea (I John 5:19). If it were “the whole world” I might infer God is not ruling what He has made -The whole universe!

The Bible teaches me God ordered Sodom and Gomorrah to be destroyed (Gen 19) and before that, He destroyed the whole world with a flood (Gen 7). Who is charge then? I believe God rules from Heaven.

At the beginning I thought there were some pauline ideas crawling around because, apart from Jesus Christ, “we know in part, and we prophesy in part” (I Cor.13:9-10) If we were divine or angels those limits were present, because we´re not God and we are invited to be like Jesus (I Cor. 2:11b; Col.2:2b-3)

I believe John was right when saying: “They all are not of us” (I Jn.2:19) The idea -here- is complete different because everybody is not God´s people. Some are misguided and some are misleading others. God´s will will prevail.

We need to pass away to see He is right and told the truth. This is not the punishment I deserve for the sinful life I have lived. Pains and earthly toils helped me to change a little. These together modeled my character to be converted to His will, instead of my imperfect desires.

I cannot use an isolated idea to explain the world I like or disliked. There are flaws in me and all the people we are talking as “world”. Some have changed because they surrendered to God´s will and His anointed one.

After reading Daniel (Dan. 4:17b, 26, 32b) some of my misconceptions changed. I believed I could change the world by voting or fighting, but the fight is against evil spirits ruling over many minds of unbelievers (here some Pauline’s ideas fit well). Punishment enforces the worldwide outreach of God´s will, and Daniel´s account teaches that to believers. Who am I to say “the whole world lies under the Evil one”?

Something went wrong when conveying (or translating) that idea of John. That made me feel God wasn´t in charge. I felt it hopeless. No matter how inspired I see John is.

Here the adoption (I Jn 5:19b) depends on my will and God´s will: He invites us and we accept it, if believed because “greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world” (I Jn 4:4)

There is a turning point that refreshed me when I see things done, when I believe BY EXPERIENCE and theory becomes practical truth (2 Peter 2:5).

Sometimes words keep on babbling alone, some looked like nonsense and “Jewish want a sign and Greek want more wisdom” (1 Cor.1:22-23) What if you see some were predicted?

Daniel foretold Jesus, the Christ, crucified: Daniel 9:26

Some men have counted those times and history proves Jerusalem was destroyed by Titus, AD 70. Who is in charge then?

Daniel 12:10 resumes the world we´re living in. We blame whomever we want but, at the long run, we will give an account and our secret deeds will be exposed to public eyes.

I believe God knows everything and Daniel 12:2 is inspired enough to prove the evil one is not in control, not even a simple man.

I hope my name be found and written in the book of life, to be living (Rev. 20:6, 12, 15) because it is God who rules the whole universe (Daniel 5:21b; 7:13-14).