Notice Paul’s Attitude! He Did Not Believe Or Claim To Already Have Salvation, But Sought To Progressively GROW Up Into The Likeness Of Christ,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Paul was addressing the error that the OT mandate of circumcision was required in addition to the NT rebirth instructions first given on the Day of Pentecost. (Acts 2)
So the whole of OT law was actually circumcision?

You seem to like to say that some people cannot bring themselves to accept the word of God. You have said this many times while actually illustrating the point you are making.

It would be funny if it was not tragic.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Have you ever considered why the NT scriptures record the need to be water baptized in the name of Jesus as well as being indwelt with the Holy Ghost? (Acts 2:36-42, 8:12-18, 10:43-48, 19:1-7, 22:16) Are you aware that scripture confirms Paul was still preaching the need for both 20+ years after Pentecost? (Acts 19:1-7) If in fact being filled with the Holy Ghost was a replacement for water baptism this would not be so.
Water baptism is only done once, John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. Water baptism is also symbolic of our death to self and our new life in Christ.

Water baptism by John the Baptist was fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

Matthew 3:11
“As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

It's good to be baptized in water. It is imperative though, that you are baptized in the Holy Spirit and fire.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Water baptism is only done once, John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. Water baptism is also symbolic of our death to self and our new life in Christ.

Water baptism by John the Baptist was fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

Matthew 3:11
“As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

It's good to be baptized in water. It is imperative though, that you are baptized in the Holy Spirit and fire.
"John's" water baptism was modified to include the name of Jesus in accordance with His sacrifice, and is required of everyone living in the NT for remission of sin. God initiated this command after the Holy Ghost was poured out on the Day of Pentecost. (Acts 2:37-42, Luke 24:47)

We see the importance of being water baptized in Jesus' name in Paul's account recorded in Acts 19:1-7. The twelve individuals previously baptized by John were once again water baptized; but in the name of Jesus in accordance with the NT command. Afterward Paul laid hands on them and they received the Holy Ghost as well.

So as scripture confirms, receiving the Holy Ghost does not negate the requirement to be baptized in water. Obeying the command to be water baptized in the name of Jesus for remission of sin is a choice all must make. Whereas, receiving the Holy Ghost is initiated by God.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Notice that faith comes before the works. We are saved through FAITH in our Lord Jesus Christ. James is not saying works save or salvation is faith plus works.

How I do wish people would stop trying to prove their own understandings and just promote what the actual word of God states.

It would be so refreshing.
aid someone believes in God does this mean they don’t need to do what he said will save them ? Is that what faith means ? Not having to do what God said will save your soul ?

or is it the opposite to hear what he says will save your soul and act in that belief ?

a simple example

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if I hear and believe this

if I don’t believe it

Will this factor guide my actions ?

can I say I believe while simultaneously rejecting what he is saying will save me ?
Hearing and believing will always lead to acting that’s how faith works that’s all James is saying if I believe I’m going to act if I don’t I’m going to say I believe and never act

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt. And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭10:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

would Moses have had the same result in disobeying what God told him ? If he said lord I believe you but I’m not going to do what you’re saying …would that be faith and would he have gotten the result ?

if Moses hands lifted his hands as the lord said the work of faith would t have been fulfilled James is talking about fulfillment

“Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:22-23‬ ‭

first Abraham believed Gods word to him then Gid declared Abraham righteous because he believed Gods word to him later Abraham fulfilled Gods word of righteousness with his actions of obedience the scriptire sayong abraham was righteous was fulfilled by his actions later

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My wife and I try to work together, and as we see you are doing the same, but thank you.

Love, Walter
husband and wife ministries have roots in acts to be effective

“After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; and found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.

And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭18:1-4‬ ‭

“And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. ( he hasn’t heard about the holy spirit yet which jesus preached about , just had heard about being baptized for repentance and remission see acts 19:1-6)

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭18:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

early on God gave gifts to men and women for the edification of the church is my point I’ve always loved that the two of you work together in your ministry !!

“Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭16:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬

this married couple really has a lot of effective ways apparently because they are remembered forever several times in scripture even joining Paul on some his missions with Luke and mark two gospel writers we are tbey became a mainstay at Ephesus after traveling with Paul and may have been the actual host of the Ephesians church established by Paul in tbat mission
“And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow. And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭18:18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I love this scene when Paul leaves them just the love that is evident among the brethren there at Ephesus

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all. And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him, sorrowing most of all for the words which he spake, that they should see his face no more. And they accompanied him unto the ship.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:25, 27-31, 36-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a remember Paul ended up arrested and imprisoned in rome where he wrote the Ephesians epistle I think it’s really awesome to see how that church came to be and the. Read the epistle he sent them still reminding them and warning rhen pertaining to the kingdom Priscilla and Aquila were a big part of that church just wanted to encourage you two and say I appreciate the time you spend sharing things here !!!

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Befor this escalates.

1 I do not believe a person can lose their salvation, or gain there salvation by works,

What I'm asking is, clear proof in the bible that a person's knows they have received there full inheritance befor that time.
eph 1:
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and [b]prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, [c]both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 2:
2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
eph 1:
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and [b]prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, [c]both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 2:
2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Count your blessings.
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings.
SEE WHAT GOD HAS DONE.