Now is the time when Josh needs your prayers the most...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gail421

Some of you have prayed for my husband and me. We have had many marital problems and until recently he has been unwilling to accept ANY responsibility. He had a terrible childhood and now has severe anger and behavior problems. It doesn't matter what approach I take, he is verbally abusive, controlling and harmful to our family. (I have 3 older children and we have 1 boy together who is almost 2.)

But... over the past week or so, I've been praying like crazy. I've sought help at my church and found 2 wonderful sources of help there. Amazingly, my husband is talking about needing prayer himself! He hasn't spoken of that for a looong time. God is working on us... on him! I feel it and see it. Praise to our loving God!

Please hold Josh up in your prayers, that he may see that there are positive solutions to his problems, that it's okay to have failed or been wrong... so that he will have the courage to face his issues.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for the gift of your prayers. We need them!

Gail

J

jb800m

Dear father i pray this crack towards becomes an open door,, that this spark will intensifyto the full refiners fire.. silence the misleading by the adversary and give this husband strength to move forawrd not only to restore this marriage onto god but to restore hismself to beocme the person God knows he cane be the leader of this household that GOd is requireing lethim never hear the words " it is too late" but more lets move forard wiht \GOd .. pray for this dear wife to have patience and to keep close to GOd as the husband is start so must she stay close for all ppl are continueally change to be more like God it will never stoip ty Jesus for your healing hands for your guidance and most of all for you love amen

K

kittycat7

Praying that God will heal your marriage.What the wicked dreads will overtake him; what the righteous desire will be granted.
Proverbs 10:24

F

faithhopebrenda

God heal you mariage, in Jesus name!

G

Gail421

No matter times someone prayers for me, it always feel like such a wonderful gift! Thank you. :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying for both you and Josh, and for a restoration of your marriage!

X

xAlphaOmega

This reminds me of a story I read in a book im reading... A couple was having marital problems and close to divorce. The wife ran into a minster seeking help. The advice he gave her was simply this: Tell your husband that the divorce is going to be on hold for 90 days. Meanwhile he suggested that she envision herself as beautiful and attractive. To envision a picture of the restoration of old time companionship and to picture goodness in her husband. He gave her instructions on how to pray and how to 'spiritually picturize'. The woman followed this for 90 days. The man went out night after night with his friends. Soon he began to hang around the home. After the 90 days the woman asks her husband 'well do you still want the divorce?' the husband replies 'what divorce?' She replied 'Dont you remember, we agreed to wait 90 days to settle that divorce matter and this is the day'.... He looked at her and said 'Dont be silly, I couldnt possibly live without you, where did you get the idea I was going to leave you?.

The fact is this, sometimes we bring out the best and worst in ppl. We can influence others greatly by our attitude, even without saying a word, just our subconscious thoughts can be picked up with expression. She picturized, prayerized and filled her mind with hope and positivity.

Not that this applies to you but I thought this was quite interesting and your story reminded me of it.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
HUge hugs Gail, Jesus is trully our hope and joy. :)
Your husband Josh remains in my daily prayers in Jesus.
You and your kids also. :)

God bless
pickles

G

Gail421

Thank you for sharing that story, Alpha. I guess a good point to take from it is this: We have to move in positive directions even when things are bad. It's easy to become your worst, as you said, when things are tough. We can withdraw from life and become frightened and unfaithful. But, when we keep the faith and continue to look for all the positive, healthy things we can do, it is at least much easier to handle the situation, and often helps to solve the problem itself.

I appreciate your kind words and prayer. :) Gail

G

Gail421

Thank you pickles, for praying! Gail

G

Gail421

I appreciate your prayers, thank you!