Numbers.. Satan created numbers for his reasons and not ours

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HQ

Jan 26, 2014
Numbers. They make up everything. Everything in the universe can be broken down into numbers. We use numbers every day. From door numbers to telephone numbers. From TV channel numbers to credit card numbers. From the numbers that make up your social security or NI number to the numbers that make up what your bank balance is.
I think what you're really trying to say is that the devil is in the details. ;)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am not trying to say that Gods creation is evil. That is not the point I was making and if that's your take away then you never really read it properly! The point was how people in the world like scientists and atheists use numbers to try and explain life, the universe and all creation. And how satan pushes that to blind people from the truth. To make people rely on numbers and science and medicine and technology to crunch the numbers and provide the answers for us and not just faith in God which is all that we need! Understand?
What people do not understand is that God created all these things that scientists and atheists use to disprove God. God created atoms God created chemicals and gases protons neutrons he created everything scientists use to conduct their research and their studies and numbers as well, satan uses what God creates for his purpose but your title saying satan created numbers is simply wrong.

satan is a mystery to me, he rebels against God but if he truly knew who God was he would have loved him in the deepest level. He says he wants to become God and he fights God and actually thinks he will win, if he knew how powerful God really is he would know he cant win. To God satan is an ant and be squashed with his finger can be blown away with his breath.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying that numbers are bad.

Please read my responses to similar posts in this thread posthuman.

Thanks.
i'm sorry if i get the impression that you're saying "numbers are bad"

maybe it's just poor phrasing? - such as the thread title, and what you say here:

numbers are controlled by satan
i think you're taking this too far -- there are many examples in the scripture that refute the broad condemnation of numbers that you seem to be implying - Jesus said that God 'numbers' even the hairs on our head for example (Luke 12:7, Matthew 10:30). so why would God use something that Satan 'created' or 'controls' ? and while all that are found in Him are equally saved - not half saved or 1/4 saved - Christ spoke of those being "least" or "greatest" in the kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 5:19 for example).

NotmebutHim said it best -
God creates; Satan corrupts.

Math and integers and rational numbers and all of this is not "created" by Satan -- it's abused by Him. it is of God, and the enemy wants us to shift our emphasis and focus towards unholy measurements, but this doesn't mean numbers and number systems are themselves evil.

like the law, or the temple, or food, or music, or any number of other things - they are not in themselves evil things, or 'made by Satan' -- but they can be wrongly used, idolized, or emphasized above their Creator -- and it's this abuse
that is wicked, not the things themselves.

B

bowharp

I'm saying that satan lies behind the use of numbers in our world, he lords it up other every human thing to find doorways he can access into peoples lives through the user of numbers.

So are you saying,

Numbers = Evil ??

T

tanach

It could be that Satan invented the Abucas but Iwouldn.t count on it

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
I am not trying to say that Gods creation is evil. That is not the point I was making and if that's your take away then you never really read it properly! The point was how people in the world like scientists and atheists use numbers to try and explain life, the universe and all creation. And how satan pushes that to blind people from the truth. To make people rely on numbers and science and medicine and technology to crunch the numbers and provide the answers for us and not just faith in God which is all that we need! Understand?
But your headline reads "Satan created numbers for his reasons." It doesn't say "God created numbers."

R

Rudimental

i'm sorry if i get the impression that you're saying "numbers are bad"

maybe it's just poor phrasing? - such as the thread title, and what you say here:

i think you're taking this too far -- there are many examples in the scripture that refute the broad condemnation of numbers that you seem to be implying - Jesus said that God 'numbers' even the hairs on our head for example (Luke 12:7, Matthew 10:30). so why would God use something that Satan 'created' or 'controls' ? and while all that are found in Him are equally saved - not half saved or 1/4 saved - Christ spoke of those being "least" or "greatest" in the kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 5:19 for example).

NotmebutHim said it best -
God creates; Satan corrupts.

Math and integers and rational numbers and all of this is not "created" by Satan -- it's abused by Him. it is of God, and the enemy wants us to shift our emphasis and focus towards unholy measurements, but this doesn't mean numbers and number systems are themselves evil.

like the law, or the temple, or food, or music, or any number of other things - they are not in themselves evil things, or 'made by Satan' -- but they can be wrongly used, idolized, or emphasized above their Creator -- and it's this abuse
that is wicked, not the things themselves.
Yes, numbers on their own are just numbers. But Satan uses numbers to blind people from the truth! Why can't you see it!!??? Satan wants people to rely on numbers to provide answers to all things in life. But God wants us to use faith, not to rely on our own understanding of things, and to rely on him and use faith to get by but the world wants us to rely on numbers and think that through numbers we can find answers to everything in life. This is what Satan wants us to believe and rely on and not in faith.

But your headline reads "Satan created numbers for his reasons." It doesn't say "God created numbers."
Yes, grammar error on my behalf. It should have said "Satan uses numbers for his reasons".

You lot, you don't know how powerful numbers are!
So are you saying,

Numbers = Evil ??
No thats not what I'm saying is it! Read my replies to peoples posts on here before posting a question which has already been answered.

T

tanach

In my humble opinion the whole idea is a load of tosh. We rely on Science and would still be living in caves if we didn't. God provided us with brains to explore his universe and gave us medical knowledge to save lives. If we choose to have a mindset
that belongs to the dark ages its our choice, but you can count me out.

R

Rudimental

In my humble opinion the whole idea is a load of tosh. We rely on Science and would still be living in caves if we didn't. God provided us with brains to explore his universe and gave us medical knowledge to save lives. If we choose to have a mindset
that belongs to the dark ages its our choice, but you can count me out.
Very good point. This is something I've thought on for a long time. It was my dad that told me something about it when I was very younger. I think there was some kind of event being held on it once or it was brought up and into fellowship from time to time and thats why its stuck with me and its something I've often pondered. I mean, I agree completely with what you say there. There are people who deny modern things completely in their life because they believe them all to be from the devil. There are of course the old mind set Jewish people who refuse to drive a car or even refuse modern western life saving medicine or treatment because it goes against what they believe in. Of course, God gave us all technology. He gave it us to discover electricity. We never invented it, it was already there. Like numbers, we never invented them, they were already there. He gave us the ability to discover and learn and use it. Sometimes they are used for good, sometimes for bad. Like electricity or technology, numbers can be used for both good and bad things. And like all things in the world that we discover, they are ultimately controlled by satan.

We all have such a very simple understanding of things in the world and are very simple souls. That is the way God intended people to be. To believe in and rely on Him for everything and all things and not the world and its calculations and tools. But God, faith, simplicity. Do not rely on medicine and technology to save your life!

I'm telling you now, these things are substitutes for faith used by people who are not using their faith. I myself take an aspirin when I get a headache ya know? But what I really should be doing is taking my headache to God in faith and relying on Him to heal it not some pill which some scientists in a lab came up with.

The world wants us all to rely on the world and its numbers which underlie everything we do at the end of the day.

The world wants you to think that technology will save you come the day of need.

The world wants you to rely on pills and people for solutions. Which sometimes they can.

But it is Gods will for your life that you go to God for EVERYTHING.

It's okay, He can handle it.

T

tanach

This idea that everything can be cured just by having faith and asking God to heal just doesn't always work. My eldest Sister was a fully commited Christian and the sole carer for a disabled husband. She also had a Daughter barely in her twenties. She died of
Cancer of the Thyroid age 58. This was despite many prayers for her healing. Hospitals all round the world are full of sick people. If it were so simple to get God to heal them all by faith they would all be empty.

Dec 12, 2013
God is the master mathematician and is the inventor or all math...Even the Hebrew and Greek have numerical value...there is ample proof that math has been used in creation and God is the creator of ALL THINGS...including numbers and MATH....WOW!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Ummm... Book of Numbers... :confused:

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
am i the only one whose Bible actually includes a book called "Numbers" ? ?

comes right after Leviticus? just before Deuteronomy?
Lol just seen it now... I was so baffled that this was overlooked that I didnt even read anything after the title, just replied! Now I'm going to actually read the thread... lol

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I think it's about measuring and the fact that all science depends on measuring.
Time is measured, it consists of units. Space is measured. Time-space. So all creation has been measured (numbered). But not the Creator. Science cannot even start to approach God because He cannot be measured. It's epistemologically wrong method - you have to come to God by faith. But satan wants to drive people to worship creation instead of Creator. So that's I guess where the fascination with numbers comes from. It's worship of human mind and it's also about knowledge. They dont want to look for knowledge through faith (method for knowing Creator) so they look for knowledge through measuring (method for knowing creation). Kinda same as the tree of knowledge, because they mistrust God they want to look up all the possible stuff out of God, thinking "maybe it attains us godhood" = "maybe we evolve (what does that even mean? become something higher - oh what could that be?) and solve all problems of mankind".

That being said, at the same time I think this fascination is mostly your personal impression, noticing numbers in various aspects of life and focusing on it. But maybe God is stirring you up to study creation science or minister to unbelievers?

Then you have the occult people that worship numbers... because measuring is so crucial in God's creation process, they think they can play God if they use significant numbers in rituals. It's not about numbers but significations behind them that they try to hack from the Bible, like 7 means perfection and so on. They think they have it all figured out, so if they use number 7 in rituals they will become perfect... sorry doesnt work that way.

I think you're stressing too much over what the enemy is doing. The enemy will destroy himself by his own devices... :)

Last edited:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I can think of a number of reasons why this post is ridiculous.