Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jimmydiggs

Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate | LifeNews.com <--- click
First paragraphs:

The Obama administration told a federal court today that the Christian business Hobby Lobby must obey the HHS mandate that forces religious companies to pay for drugs for women that may cause abortions.

The privately held retail chain with more than 500 arts and crafts stores in 41 states filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration over its HHS mandate. The company says it would face $1.3 million in fines on a daily basis starting in January if it fails to comply with the mandate, which requires religious employers to pay for or refer women for abortion-cause drugs that violate their conscience or religious beliefs.

R

_Ryan_

I think the President needs to stick with more important issues facing our Country rather than forcing American businesses with all these mandates. The business sector, with competing against China for goods, paying taxes, and the bad economy, do not need to have the President force them to go against their beliefs, which in this case will probably cost them more money. Obama needs to work with companies to help them in the United States, not do idiotic things like this that drive them off.

Sep 7, 2012
Hobby Lobby is not an inherently religious corporation, and it does not only hire religiously trained people for doctrinally significant positions, and there are employees who do not share their point of view about contraception/abortion so it does not qualify for an exemption from the rules. If they could come up with some legitimate reason then just maybe they could get that exemption.

It really is that simple. It is the law. No, I do not feel the least bit sorry about it at all. "Civil disobedience" requires paying the penalties when they are caught.

V

violakat

Hobby Lobby is not an inherently religious corporation, and it does not only hire religiously trained people for doctrinally significant positions, and there are employees who do not share their point of view about contraception/abortion so it does not qualify for an exemption from the rules. If they could come up with some legitimate reason then just maybe they could get that exemption.

It really is that simple. It is the law. No, I do not feel the least bit sorry about it at all. "Civil disobedience" requires paying the penalties when they are caught.
So you believe that it's okay to force your political or religious beliefs on others? That's basically what Obama is doing. If 99% of abortions where for something as an etopic pregnancy, then I would agree that insurance should cover it, but it's not. In fact over 90%, (I would say more, but I don't think statistics is in agreement) is because the woman does not wish to keep the child or feels they have no other recourse. And in some cases, the women are forced to abort. And just because something is law, does not mean it's right. For instance, returning runaway slaves at one time was the law. Does that mean those who knew of runaway slaves should have returned them?

The other alternative is for Hobby Lobby to drop insurance on everyone.

Last edited:

1still_waters

Yeah our dear leader is getting good at dictating. It's hard to fit into the clothes of a dictator. Hopefully they remain two sizes too large for him.

1still_waters

Obama has to deliver on his campaign promise of free stuff for the 50% who voted for him.

Sep 7, 2012
There are clear exemptions for religious organizations and it has nothing at all to do with religious faith, and more to do with political issues. Frankly it also has little to do with the price of their insurance either. I would refuse to work for such an organization.

So it is OK for Hobby Lobby to force their own political, religious, sexual beliefs on their employees?" Because that is exactly what they are doing by publicly proclaiming this issue. Does Hobby Lobby question each employee prior to their being hired, whether or not they use contraception? AND only hire the ones who give the right answer (regardless of the truth of the matter.) Do they have morals clauses in their employment contract?

This Hobby Lobby situation is mainly about hard core conservatives trying to make Obama look bad.

W

webchatter

lol if hobby lobby is a religious organization then why is EVERYTHING THEY SELL NOT MADE IN A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY?china china china junk

J

jimmydiggs

lol if hobby lobby is a religious organization then why is EVERYTHING THEY SELL NOT MADE IN A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY?china china china junk
1) You have missed the point.
2) Your argument has no connection at all.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
If you want to know the answer, it has to do with minimum wage laws, currency disparity, and trade embargoes.

W

webchatter

Ist post says "the Christian business Hobby Lobby". I'm sorry you think Ive "missed the point" & that my "argument has no connection at all". Sorry for my 1 sentence comment, it was not an argument.

P

psychomom

I sure would love to know the location of a "Christian country"... :(

V

violakat

Hobby Lobby is not a religious organization, but it is run by people who consider themselves Christians. It is these same people who pay the salary for their employees and for their benefits. By saying that corporations must pay for abortions is saying that the owner is paying for abortions, even if it goes against his belief.