Obama Administration Bans All Pork Products From Prison Menus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
If I was in the Joint, I'd probably shank me a few Muslims for getting my bacon and pork chops taken away.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
No bacon in prison...

I foresee a lot of career criminals changing their careers.

N

NikkiK

I can see getting solitary if they find this contraband. I hope I never go to prison. Who can live without bacon?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Soon unscrupulous guards will be smuggling in drugs and pork chops.

K

KennethC

Why should we be surprised as some of the prisons I have done ministry at (mainly in Kansas) I seen some of the food product being delivered to them and on the cases of some of the meat and cheese products in bold print on the side it reads, "Not for human consumption."

I think there needs to be instead of banning things served first actually take a look and do and investigation at what is really being served.

Feb 7, 2015
Why should we be surprised as some of the prisons I have done ministry at (mainly in Kansas) I seen some of the food product being delivered to them and on the cases of some of the meat and cheese products in bold print on the side it reads, "Not for human consumption."

I think there needs to be instead of banning things served first actually take a look and do and investigation at what is really being served.
Well, what do you expect from Kansas? That's why they put Leavenworth there. LOL

K

KennethC

Well, what do you expect from Kansas? That's why they put Leavenworth there. LOL
Yeah I just googled food service for Kansas prisons because I was trying to remember who the company was that serviced them as they contract to a company in their prisons and jails.

Found out it is Aramark, but that is not the only thing I found as these were the top two listings on google:

Kansas prisons yield repeat food safety violations | CJOnline.com

KS Prison Inspections Show Ongoing Food-Safety Violations | Food Safety News

Dec 1, 2014
Good. All the more reason to put more muslims in prison.

There, I said it!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Here's the porky thing about it..

The government says it made the decision to do this because a survey showed that inmates do not like eating pork products.The Council on American-Islamic relations said “we welcome” the move by the government to deny pork to prisoners, but warned that it might spark “Islamophobia.”
CAIR told the Post that banning pork in federal prisons would accommodate Muslim prisoners:
“’In general we welcome the change because it’s facilitating the accommodation of Muslim inmates,’ said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the country’s largest Muslim civil rights advocacy group. “We hope it’s not an indication of an increasing number of Muslims in the prison system.’”

Just another bowing down to the Islamic cultists.
Oh well, Maybe Obama is just a closet Hindu. :rolleyes:

T

tanach

I can see getting solitary if they find this contraband. I hope I never go to prison. Who can live without bacon?
Muslims can and Jews. Pigs definitely cant, (no inference intended(

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Look's like a good reason to stay out of prison. I get a little rowdy after a couple of days without Mama's grits, eggs, bacon, and a biscuit for my breakfast. After a week or so, there may be riots.

N

NikkiK

Muslims can and Jews. Pigs definitely cant, (no inference intended(
No...you're wrong about the Jews and Muslims...they just don't know it yet. ;) (jk)

Dec 12, 2013
Why of course he would...we cannot have Muslims eating pork now can we.....the price taxpayers pay now to support the worlds largest prison population just went up!

I

Is

Looks like someone needs to inform the American pork producers that they may have a new market in Israel LOL

“The nation’s pork producers are in an uproar after the federal government abruptly removed bacon, pork chops, pork links, ham and all other pig products from the national menu for 206,000 federal inmates."

Obama Administration Bans All Pork Products From Prison Menus

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The solution is simple. Give them Spam without the ham.