Obama strongarms Netanyahu?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
In Leaked Tape, Hostile Obama Tries to Force PM to Accept Truce

Damning evidence has emerged of US President Barack Obama's dismissal of Israel's position in favor of supporting the position of Hamas and its allies during ceasefire talks.

A "senior US official" leaked an audio recording of a telephone conversation between Obama and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to Channel One. In it the 35-minute conversation, which took place on Sunday, the US President appears downright hostile at points, and even cuts off Netanyahu in the middle of his protestations over a one-sided truce proposal which would have seen Hamas receive all its key demands, but that Israel ultimately rejected.

The following is an excerpt of the conversation, published in Hebrew by Channel One:

Obama: I demand that Israel agrees to an immediate, unilateral ceasefire and halt all offensive activities - particularly airstrikes.

Netanyahu: What will Israel receive in return for a ceasefire?

Obama: I believe that Hamas will stop firing rockets - silence will be met with silence.

Netanyahu: Hamas violated all five previous ceasefires, it is a terrorist organization which is dedicated to the destruction of Israel.

Obama: I repeat and expect Israel to unilaterally stop all its military activity. The pictures of destruction from Gaza distance the world from Israel's position.

Netanyahu: Kerry's proposal was completely unrealistic and gives Hamas the military and diplomatic advantage.

Obama: Within a week of the end of Israel's military activities, Qatar and Turkey will begin negotiations with Hamas on the basis of the 2012 understanding [following the end of Operation Pillar of Defense - ed.], including Israel's commitment to removing the siege and restrictions on Gaza,

Netanyahu: Qatar and Turkey are the biggest supporters of Hamas. It is impossible to rely on them to be fair mediators.

Obama: I trust Qatar and Turkey, and Israel is in no position to choose its mediators.

Netanyahu: I object, because Hamas is able to continue and to fire rockets and to use tunnels for terror attacks...

Obama - interrupts Netanyahu mid-sentence: The ball is in Israel's court - it is obligated to end all military activities.

The Channel One journalist who received the tape emphasized that at other points during the conversation there were more "positive" word exchanged between the two, such as Obama repeating America's commitment to Israel's security.

But those words will ring hollow to Israelis, considering that the proposal put together by John Kerry, Qatar and Turkey did not address a single one of Israel's demands and - as alluded to by Obama himself - relied on little more than the goodwill of Hamas to stop firing rockets. This, despite the group (which the US itself lists as a terrorist organization) being unabashedly committed to the destruction of the State of Israel and the genocide of all Israeli Jews.

For his part, earlier on Tuesday John Kerry claimed that Prime Minister Netanyahu had in fact approached him to ask him to help hammer out a ceasefire deal, after previous truce proposals were rejected by Hamas.

If that was indeed the case what resulted could hardly have been what Netanyahu had in mind: a joint initiative with two states overtly hostile towards Israel, concluding in a draft proposal which would have granted Hamas all of its key conditions - including the opening of air and sea ports and the total lifting on Israel's security blockade - but which addressed Israel's "security concerns" in only the vaguest possible terms.

Update: US and Israeli officials have rushed to dismiss the recording as a"fabrication".

Dec 12, 2013
One of these days you guys will start to listen HAHAHA

THE TREACHEROUS dealer dealeth TREACHEROUSLY<----one of the characteristics of the DAUGHTER of BABYLON!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Looking over the dialogue above it seems scrpted shall we say?.
Probably a spoof report.

S

Sirk

Ya...I sort of thought it was a bit of a stretch. Something like this just doesn't get leaked.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ya...I sort of thought it was a bit of a stretch. Something like this just doesn't get leaked.
And if it is truly a made up story this senior US official or channel One journalist needs to be held accountable. Serious stuff.

djness

May 16, 2014
In a leaked audio report from high ranking official ''people believe anything''.
Has anyone actually heard this?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ha, more than one way to out think a link...

WASHINGTON (CBS News/CBSDC/AP) — A top Israeli official wants President Barack Obama to stop meddling with the Jewish state during its conflict with Hamas in Gaza.

Speaking to Israel’s Army Radio, Housing and Construction Minister Uri Ariel criticized Obama telling Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that there should be an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.

“Leave us alone,” Ariel told Army Radio, directing his words at Obama. “Go focus on Syria.”

Obama spoke with Netanyahu Sunday about the rising number of Palestinian deaths in Gaza and the worsening humanitarian crisis.

Dec 12, 2013
Looking over the dialogue above it seems scrpted shall we say?.
Probably a spoof report.
JLTV and Aljazeera both reported that Obama TOLD Benjamin N. to enact a cease fire.....so who really knows....

Dec 12, 2013
In a leaked audio report from high ranking official ''people believe anything''.
Has anyone actually heard this?
I did on JLTV and Aljazeera World News.....but like I said below...who really knows but the players!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
JLTV and Aljazeera both reported that Obama TOLD Benjamin N. to enact a cease fire.....so who really knows....
That is true but it's unlikely the same script put forth in the OP by that Crossnote feller.