Obama's war on women continues: Single mom of 2, in college loses health insurance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Obama's war on women, and single mothers continues.

LEE'S SUMMIT, MO (KCTV) -

A single mother with two children faces losing her healthcare coverage because of the new Affordable Care Act.

Tina Wray is a single mother with two children. She is going to college, works 25 hours per week as a server, and has a medical policy through her work that costs $60 a week for her and her oldest daughter. Insurance pays 80 percent and she pays 20 percent. That policy has a maximum benefit of $10,000 annually.
Woman losing health coverage due to Obamacare - KCTV5

Jul 25, 2005
And this is where we all resist the urge to tell American voters of 2012 "I told you so."

Mar 1, 2012
...and conservative pundits have been talking about this literally for years.

Amazing how propaganda works so effectively with the uninformed.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
The common response to this by liberals is that such low coverage isn't even real insurance, so Obama's promise of being able to keep your old insurance plans still isn't a lie (in spite of the fact he himself thinks it was a mistake on his part, because he already apologized for it). And "the insurance companies would probably find some way to withhold the money from people with such poor insurance plans."

Jul 25, 2005
Except that is for all those lucky folks outside the USA.

Did I just say that?

Nov 25, 2013
what a sin it is for a so called Christian nation aka u.s. of a to be so heartless and greedy to leave the sick go needy without healthcare. all those so called gun toting right wing "Christians" nuts are everything but Christian. guns, greed and violence is all I see from sea to polluted sea all around me. bible belt my arse

D

DragonSlayer

Jesus-Christ is the best president we could have in the whole universe !

Hopefully, this ultimate dream will become true soon enough !

Last edited by a moderator:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
a-a-a-a-and.....the good old days of Christian and other charity hospitals picking up the slack ain't gonna work.
the austerity fiends said it would....but the deck, she's stacked.

Obamacare Targets Catholic Hospitals to Strip Them of Tax-Exempt Status

August 11, 2013 by Daniel Greenfield

We’re talking about non-profit hospitals, but a sizable percentage of them are religious hospitals affiliated with the Catholic Church, various Jewish and Protestant hospitals, formerly or currently representing some religious status.

Catholic hospitals make up some of the largest non-profits in the country. Indeed the top four systems in the country are Catholic.

Draw your own conclusions. In either case, the Obamacare non-profit clampdown will empower the IRS to effectively shut down non-profit hospitals.

Healthcare experts warn that the Obamacare’s new requirements make it almost impossible for charitable hospitals to navigate treacherous new waters.

“It requires tax-exempt hospitals to do a community needs survey and file additional paperwork with the IRS every three years. This is to prove that the charitable hospital is still needed in their geographical area — ‘needed’ as defined by Obamacare and overseen by IRS bureaucrats,” said John Kartch, spokesman for Americans for Tax Reform.

“Failure to comply, or to prove this continuing need, could result in the loss of the hospital’s tax-exempt status. The hospital would then become a for-profit venture, paying income tax — hence the positive revenue score” for the federal government, Kartch said.

Additionally, the rise in the number of insured Americans under Obamacare will make it more difficult for tax-exempt hospitals to continue meeting required thresholds for treating the uninsured, driving more hospitals into the for-profit category and yielding more taxable money for the federal government.

Obamacare’s new requirements could slam hospitals with massive $50,000 fines if they fail to meet bureaucrats’ standards.

Healthcare experts warn that the Obamacare’s new requirements make it almost impossible for charitable hospitals to navigate treacherous new waters.

As it will be for us all. This is Obama’s America after all. Charity was outlawed in the USSR. It will be outlawed in OSSR if things go that far.

Obamacare Targets Catholic Hospitals to Strip Them of Tax-Exempt Status | FrontPage Magazine

zone

Jun 13, 2010
dunno why the issue of basic health care, covered by taxes (tax the robbers on Wall Street for crying out loud - surely the fantasy of trickle-down-whatever-economics is over?) is such a big deal.

really....now look at the beast.

tsk...coulda been easy.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
dunno why the issue of basic health care, covered by taxes (tax the robbers on Wall Street for crying out loud - surely the fantasy of trickle-down-whatever-economics is over?) is such a big deal.

really....now look at the beast.

tsk...coulda been easy.
This is a misconception that many liberals have of conservatives. Our focus is more on the amount of power vested in the government. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even more true is that in the United States - one of the most powerful nations on Earth. Why would we want to give that government even more power over our lives? For example, a great many Americans - I would say at least the majority - are against involvement in further wars. But our Presidents and Congress always seem willing to drag us into new ones. And this not only affects the US of A but also other nations.

Strip us of our firearms, make us dependent on a corrupt and inefficient bureaucracy? Why not just let private charities be? I'm very wary of government-run health care, especially since abortion falls under the category of "health care" and is considered legal by our government. If abortion were ever funded by Obamacare, then I'd have to choose between murder or poverty in order to avoid taxes. By the way, some abortions are already funded by Obamacare (in a round-about way; I honestly forget the relationship now). But I've read only those that deal in cases of saving the mother's life, incest or rape. I'm okay with the former, but the latter two are akin to punishing the child for the sins of the father - one of the reasons a lot of atheists use to fuel their hatred of the Christian God. Not that it's true.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2012
what a sin it is for a so called Christian nation aka u.s. of a to be so heartless and greedy to leave the sick go needy without healthcare. all those so called gun toting right wing "Christians" nuts are everything but Christian. guns, greed and violence is all I see from sea to polluted sea all around me. bible belt my arse
When has this nation EVER let people go without???

Propaganda...by the way owning a gun does not make anyone anything. Thats like saying all black people act the same, but then bigotry and liberalism always seem to be on the same page.

Another by the way? Forcing people to give to charity...it ain't charity, you realize that right? Blessed it is to be generous...not to force people to be....another by the way, for all you gun haters out there.............

all taxes are collected by the gun.

wow

zone

Jun 13, 2010
This is a misconception that many liberals have of conservatives. Our focus is more on the amount of power vested in the government. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even more true is that in the United States - one of the most powerful nations on Earth. Why would we want to give that government even more power over our lives? For example, a great many Americans - I would say at least the majority - are against involvement in further wars. But our Presidents and Congress always seem willing to drag us into new ones. And this not only affects the US of A but also other nations.

Strip us of our firearms, make us dependent on a corrupt and inefficient bureaucracy? Why not just let private charities be? I'm very wary of government-run health care, especially since abortion falls under the category of "health care" and is considered legal by our government. If abortion were ever funded by Obamacare, then I'd have to choose between murder or poverty in order to avoid taxes. By the way, some abortions are already funded by Obamacare (in a round-about way; I honestly forget the relationship now). But I've read only those that deal in cases of saving the mother's life, incest or rape. I'm okay with the former, but the latter two are akin to punishing the child for the sins of the father - one of the reasons a lot of atheists use to fuel their hatred of the Christian God. Not that it's true.
TheAristocat;
thanks for a good reply.
i'm not a "liberal" (it's a scary word down dere).

i notice you did not address the issue that is actually the problem, and the thing that is sinking your ship - WALL STREET and fraudlent banking practices including the abomination of usury.

the banks are corporations who control your govt.

they want BIG and they want CONTROL.

you're not going to cut govt down to size by denying things like basic social services.
they have to be cut down to size by ejecting the Fascist criminals.

it's simple.

but first you have to clean house at SCOTUS.

Jul 25, 2005
they have to be cut down to size by ejecting the Fascist criminals.

it's simple.

but first you have to clean house at SCOTUS.
Can't argue with that.