OBEDIENCE IS NOT LEGALISM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laodicea

Amen! That is what this is about. When he says LAW he means the LAW of the new covenant.

The NEW covenant is

Love God with ALL your strength, soul and heart.

And Love your neighbor as yourself.

Since LOVE is obedience, and JESUS said if you love me you will OBEY my comandments.

Then the LAW is the words of JESUS.
We show our love to God by keeping the first 4 commandments. We show our love for others by keeping the next 6

D

Deadflesh

We show our love to God by keeping the first 4 commandments. We show our love for others by keeping the next 6

Its backwards my Friend. The 10 Commandments are kept IN The spirit. if you are tryign to keep the comandments OUT of the spirit its YOUR works. FLesh. legalism.

No other GODs before me, is NOW taken to a spiritual palce, and its IDOLS in yourheart. it can be money, but it can be your pride, or your understadnign you love more...an idol can even be, you feel that you shouldnt Eat that whoel container of icecream...But you do. Taht was GOD teling you not to, for what ever reason. Evil, adn SELF would never tell you not to. So the ICE CREAM, or your lust for it, was an idol, it came before Jesus. JEsus told you not to. YOu ate it. (icecream was just a stupid analogy....hahah im not to good with those i guess)

See. We sin almost ALL day with out even knowing it. Thsi isnt MY law either. im not telling you God doesnt want you to eat icecream..that was an example...but we will do thigns daily that we no e shouldnt for one reason or antoher...who do you think is tellign us not to?

WE have been programmed to SIN all day long adn not brign anything to JESUS...that is why sicness adn blindness is so rampant in the Church.

So No, We fullfill GODS law in the SPIRIT. We dont fullfill the SPIRIT in Gods law. The LAW was a picture of what we will do with GODS Help.

The LAW was becasue NO ONE WANTED to lean on GOD...they wanted SELF, adn MAN to rule..so GOD gave them LAW. ISrael didnt want to hear from GOD, They would rather GOD talk to moses, adn then MOSES tell them. Israel didnt want GOD to be king...they wanted a human king. So now God sent his SON which was fortold since the begining. And peple STILL would rather lean on the ARM of FLESH.

WE are back to the orgional covenant of Adam INSIDE christ jesus. We rely on JESUS. Not LAW. obeying the law is obeying Christ. not waht was fullfilled IN HIM

Jesus said the law was fullfilled IN HIM

And then he sasy for US to ABIDE IN HIM.

See the pattrern? its INSIDE JESUS. ABIDING IN HIM that is how we stay free from sin, adn please GOD, through faith, and trusting JESUS to HIS word of what HE said.

Jesus bless you.

L

Laodicea

Its backwards my Friend. The 10 Commandments are kept IN The spirit. if you are tryign to keep the comandments OUT of the spirit its YOUR works. FLesh. legalism.

No other GODs before me, is NOW taken to a spiritual palce, and its IDOLS in yourheart. it can be money, but it can be your pride, or your understadnign you love more...an idol can even be, you feel that you shouldnt Eat that whoel container of icecream...But you do. Taht was GOD teling you not to, for what ever reason. Evil, adn SELF would never tell you not to. So the ICE CREAM, or your lust for it, was an idol, it came before Jesus. JEsus told you not to. YOu ate it. (icecream was just a stupid analogy....hahah im not to good with those i guess)

See. We sin almost ALL day with out even knowing it. Thsi isnt MY law either. im not telling you God doesnt want you to eat icecream..that was an example...but we will do thigns daily that we no e shouldnt for one reason or antoher...who do you think is tellign us not to?

WE have been programmed to SIN all day long adn not brign anything to JESUS...that is why sicness adn blindness is so rampant in the Church.

So No, We fullfill GODS law in the SPIRIT. We dont fullfill the SPIRIT in Gods law. The LAW was a picture of what we will do with GODS Help.

The LAW was becasue NO ONE WANTED to lean on GOD...they wanted SELF, adn MAN to rule..so GOD gave them LAW. ISrael didnt want to hear from GOD, They would rather GOD talk to moses, adn then MOSES tell them. Israel didnt want GOD to be king...they wanted a human king. So now God sent his SON which was fortold since the begining. And peple STILL would rather lean on the ARM of FLESH.

WE are back to the orgional covenant of Adam INSIDE christ jesus. We rely on JESUS. Not LAW. obeying the law is obeying Christ. not waht was fullfilled IN HIM

Jesus said the law was fullfilled IN HIM

And then he sasy for US to ABIDE IN HIM.

See the pattrern? its INSIDE JESUS. ABIDING IN HIM that is how we stay free from sin, adn please GOD, through faith, and trusting JESUS to HIS word of what HE said.

Jesus bless you.

Is Jesus a legalist who said to keep the 10 commandments?

Matthew 19:16-17
(16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 14:15
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments

Now we are not saved by keeping the law but can we claim to be a follower of Christ and not keep the law? Things that you have described about the law is just expanding on the law not doing away or changing it.

the Bible says in Romans 13:8-10 that love is the fulfilling of the law (10 commandments) we cannot keep the law apart from Christ if we do it is legalism. But Christ in us keeps the law. The pupose of the law is to bring us to Christ

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deadflesh

Is Jesus a legalist who said to keep the 10 commandments?

Matthew 19:16-17
(16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
(17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 14:15
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments

Now we are not saved by keeping the law but can we claim to be a follower of Christ and not keep the law? Things that you have described about the law is just expanding on the law not doing away or changing it.

the Bible says in Romans 13:8-10 that love is the fulfilling of the law (10 commandments) we cannot keep the law apart from Christ if we do it is legalism. But Christ in us keeps the law. The pupose of the law is to bring us to Christ

Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus in answer to waht the greatest comandment is:

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Galatians 5:14
The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself"(which yo cant do, unless you love GOD with everything you are)

Romasn 13:10
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

LOVE is ONLY done IN the SPIRIT walkign IN the spirit. ITS the LAW of the SPIRIT. JESUS did the LAW perfectly, so that WE can also fullfil the law IN HIS PSIRIT it is CHRIST eternally fullfillign the LAW in US. and maign US righteous and holy becasue of it. It doenst mean we sin. NO it means NOW we have the Grace to NOT sin. Ever. If we walk in the SPIRIT. TheOLD covenatn was flesh, we strived to obey law. NOW it is on a NEW level...the bar is raised and Grace is Added. IN CHRIST

Or at least thats how i understand it. Jesus bless you.