Of torment and things . . .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seriously

Apr 10, 2013
Forgiveness is hard. I don't mean that in the traditional sense - where a lot of times forgiveness is like stabbing yourself in the back. But of all that it initials in addition to that - because in general, forgiveness never comes alone. Sometimes there is healing, sometimes there is trust, and sometimes there is departure and an end. And heck, sometimes there is just a searing pain and ripping apart and a bleeding mess all over the place, that just won't clean up. But whatever else - Forgiveness is an act of love, but does it mean we love those we forgive? Or is it out of our love of God we forgive as we know He does - and only love through Him? I feel like that a lot of times - that if it weren't for God I would truly hate all man kind. And then I have to laugh at myself, because I also know that because of God - I can find a way to love all mankind.

As the saying goes, Not for God - but BECAUSE of God !

I cannot emphasizes the BECAUSE enough. Maybe to elaborate a better meaning should be as thus -

"You see my good deed and ask of why? For God that it may be well between us? And I shall answer you - I do this not for God, but BECAUSE of God - I do this in love, for you. That you may see Him and know His love and be saved. And in turn BECAUSE of God - so then you shall see."

I feel so often I only love BECAUSE of God.

Now where was I - Oh yeah, forgiveness and all that jazz. People see someone do something so horrible to me and they ask me how I can forgiven them - but then I think - BECAUSE of God, how can I NOT forgive them?

Does this mean that I must except them or their actions? No, not at all.

I don't believe that forgiveness is a single act. I guess in some cases it is - the easy times - a one time mistake. But what of the continuous wrong doing? The act against you - for whatever reason - selfishness, hatred, betrayal, denial, or just indifference. I think forgiveness is like quitting an addiction - be the addiction to our human side that says to hate, to withdrawal or protect, to get even, or revenge or whatever - quitting that addiction is something you do again and again. Its a choice you make new every day, every time your tempted to turn back. You keep choose the same thing - forgive.

I guess I'm just kinda venting this all out because I don't always know where to draw the line. The line between the part where I keep forgiving you and the line to where I stop letting you hurt me. It seams so much the are the same in one.

Like a friend said - not her exact words but you'll get the jest of it - we build these walls to protect ourselves, and God says tear them down and be vulnerable. I have given you armor with which to protect yourself with. Put on this armor - build no more walls. Be free to move around - your armor goes with you - unlike walls that block us in.

God help me to armor up. To forgive wholly - and how to act with it, and afterwards. Because unlike an addiction, some hurts you can't walk away from. Help to know when to stand in front of the firing squad and take it - and when to take a stand and fight against it.

Seriously I can't say it enough - my new motto "not for God, but because of God". :)