officer who arrested Sandra Bland indicted for perjury

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
There are plenty of good cops. This particular cop is not one of them. Turning a blind eye to abuse of authority is how we become a police state. Silence is consent.
Well I guess can't be silent anymore then. So I would agree the cop was unnecessarily rough with Sandra Bland, especially for what is a pretty minor infraction (a turning signal violation). I suppose it is possible race was factor, though there is no real proof of this. My main question would be; Is there any direct proof that would lead me to believe his actions caused her death? From my understanding of the case there is no such proof.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Well I guess can't be silent anymore then. So I would agree the cop was unnecessarily rough with Sandra Bland, especially for what is a pretty minor infraction (a turning signal violation). I suppose it is possible race was factor, though there is no real proof of this. My main question would be; Is there any direct proof that would lead me to believe his actions caused her death? From my understanding of the case there is no such proof.
He was not rough with her for a traffic violation, he was rough with her because she was noncompliant. The hard truth that most people don't like is this, a cop's safety always takes precedence in all matters. When people are noncompliant they pose a threat to the cop's safety and actions need to be taken until the threat is neutralized. But don't get me wrong, her death was the culmination of a perfect storm and it ticks me off.

Dec 18, 2013
He was not rough with her for a traffic violation, he was rough with her because she was noncompliant. The hard truth that most people don't like is this, a cop's safety always takes precedence in all matters. When people are noncompliant they pose a threat to the cop's safety and actions need to be taken until the threat is neutralized. But don't get me wrong, her death was the culmination of a perfect storm and it ticks me off.
Hmm, kinda interesting, I think we have basically the most polar opposite view of it.

I don't think he needed to be so rough with her in the arrest, especially given such a minor infraction. However I don't think her death is his fault, directly (murder) or indirectly (perfect storm), based on what I have seen. I think she was highly emotional as shown in the arrest video and according to her cellmate. I think she being in a high emotional and irrational state committed suicide unfortunately. Even if we assume race was a factor in the arrest (not saying it was, but let's for the sake of argument assume it), being racially discriminated against or being maltreated by the police is no reason to commit suicide.

Last edited:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Asking her to put out her cigarette was an intimidation tactic. When he realized she was not intimidated by him, that's when he told her to get out of the car. It was a power play.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Asking her to put out her cigarette was an intimidation tactic. When he realized she was not intimidated by him, that's when he told her to get out of the car. It was a power play.
A cigarette is not going to kill anyone, but it can still be used to cause injury. I concur that a cop telling someone to put out their smoke is an aspect of letting them know who's in charge of the scene, yet the safety issue regarding cigarettes is still in play.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Hmm, kinda interesting, I think we have basically the most polar opposite view of it.

I don't think he needed to be so rough with her in the arrest, especially given such a minor infraction. However I don't think her death is his fault, directly (murder) or indirectly (perfect storm), based on what I have seen. I think she was highly emotional as shown in the arrest video and according to her cellmate. I think she being in a high emotional and irrational state committed suicide unfortunately. Even if we assume race was a factor in the arrest (not saying it was, but let's for the sake of argument assume it), being racially discriminated against or being maltreated by the police is no reason to commit suicide.
Point well taken, GIS, but think about the perfect storm: the two of them being on the same road at the same time, her switching lanes and not using the turn signal, his decision to pull her over, her smoking a cigarette at that very moment, his attitude, her attitude, his decision to arrest her, her resisting arrest, no other officers at the scene to defuse the situation, her not being deemed a suicide risk, and arguably the racial component. Alter or remove any one of those factors, she's alive today and we're not having this discussion.

Dec 18, 2013
Point well taken, GIS, but think about the perfect storm: the two of them being on the same road at the same time, her switching lanes and not using the turn signal, his decision to pull her over, her smoking a cigarette at that very moment, his attitude, her attitude, his decision to arrest her, her resisting arrest, no other officers at the scene to defuse the situation, her not being deemed a suicide risk, and arguably the racial component. Alter or remove any one of those factors, she's alive today and we're not having this discussion.
I can sorta see that, but then none of that is still a reason to commit suicide. It's that permanent solution to temporary problems. Even if we assume everything bad about the cop that's still not a reason to commit suicide.

The best point that could be made for the perfect storm argument is whether or not they should have put her on suicide watch. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I don't think the police knew she would commit suicide. Does make me ponder though that maybe instead of trying to throw the book at the cop, that they should reform their practices in regards to suicide watch in jail, maybe do more to ensure people held in jail are watched more closely.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
A cigarette is not going to kill anyone
Cigarettes do kill people....houses can be lit on fire and people can be trapped inside, people can be lit on fire with one, and smoking kills.

Feb 21, 2012
No one likes bullies who hide behind a badge, and no doubt the sanctity of the badge needs to be protected by watchful eyes, but it needs to be done with integrity, not hateful malice.
Yeah yeah, yeah. When the terrorists with a badge on, terrorize citizens you say we should show them christ like love. But when their is an Isis terrorist attack, all muslims are bad, and we need to eradicate them off the face of the earth. You brood of vipers.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Yeah yeah, yeah. When the terrorists with a badge on, terrorize citizens you say we should show them christ like love. But when their is an Isis terrorist attack, all muslims are bad, and we need to eradicate them off the face of the earth. You brood of vipers.
You're comparing cops with ISIS? You're a jack ass.

Feb 21, 2012
No I'm comparing cops to Islam. Not isis. Just like all cops are not bad, all muslims are not bad. There are some that give the whole a bad name. But yes, some cops are like isis.

S

sydlit

Utah, God bless you my friend and brother, I know you're with me on this, I hope to talk to you later, and don't let any phonies give you any spin in the meantime.....
And for those who like to bug me, yet never offer any prayers or consolation when I've been down, the Lord knows them that are His and ppl may judge what they think and what appears to be to them, but Jesus knows our minds and hearts. GOD BLESS YOU, UTAH, FOR BEING TRUE TO OUR LORD JESUS! KEEP THE FAITH AND REST AND REJOICE IN HIM!

Please pray for Officer Jesse Hartnett,
shot by a cowardly muslum dirtbag.
Officer Hartnett survived 13 shots fired into his vehicle,
and was able to return fire, the criminal is in custody,
And despite how the new mayor of philly tries to spin it,
the thug, who has an extensive criminal record
and was using a stolen gun,
gave credit to the false prophet-god
of his religion of no-peace.

Father in heaven, please be with OfficerHartnett
in your grace and mercy,
We ask for your healing for Officer Hartnett,
his courage in bringing this criminal to capture
went beyond the call, and we thank you for the many
fine officers in philly and thruout America
who risk their lives everyday to protect us.
Please be with his family for comfort and
reassurance in Jesus, and grant us all more vigilance
and courage, and awareness of the evil that has
infiltrated our country in the form of violent thugs
who give allegiance to a false god and hate.

We pray, Our Father God and Saviour,
for the victims of hate in it's many forms,
and we ask for your intervention in turning all our
hearts and minds towards You for your love,
grace, mercy, forgiveness and peace,
in the Holy name of Your only begotten Son,
The True and Living God our Lord
and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
No I'm comparing cops to Islam.
Cops: law enforcement officers.

islam: false religion that leads all muslims to eternal destruction.

No comparison. Try again.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. God bless you always, Brother Sydlit. :cool: