Officers involved in Breonna Taylor case will not face homicide charges, grand jury says...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

You realize those are not the actual undisputed facts?
Back the Blue? Even if they're wrong? What about George Floyd? Back the Blue?
George Floyd died of a drug overdose. The AG knew that info and sat on it while cities burned, people were beaten and murdered. HE is the one that ought to be in prison!! Floyd was saying he couldn't breathe before anyone touched him. Breonna got caught in the crossfire of her boyfriend and the cops. Witness says they knocked three times and announced themselves. Boyfriend shot first, cop was hit, they returned fire. Sad that she got caught in the middle. But people are acting like the police smashed in her door and murdered her. That is not what happened. I listened to our AG, a Christian my pastors daughter works for him, and he went down the line of what took place. A tragedy, certainly, but not murder.

K

kaylagrl

Maybe I’m a little more dense than the average per son, but do you have all the facts, I don’t because I don’t have the Grand Jury documents. My understanding was that the Police did not serve a no knock warrant. They banged on the door and announced themselves. (Verified by a neighbor). Was reported by many that she was shot while asleep in bed, not true. She was standing next to her boyfriend who fired first hitting a cop in the leg. (If you were a cop what would you do if under fire. It’s scary, I’ve been there.)
Witness says they knocked three times and announced themselves. Fake media said it was a no knock, it wasn't. She wasn't sleeping, she was in the hallway. Her boyfriend did shoot first and hit a cop, they returned fire. Yes, you have all that correct.

Many have said they were surprised, but if they didn’t hear the Police announce themselves, what were they doing out of bed, In the hallway not the Bedroom and holding a gun in a shooting position.
Great point! Which is probably why fake news reported they were in bed sleeping. Just a guess.

Have heard that her name was on the warrant which leads me to think that the Cops were at the right address and due to her involvement with a known drug dealer and were looking for something. So much is out there for human consumption but until the Grand Jury docs are released everyone should cool their jets. I’m going on what the Kentucky AG reported. I, as is the case many times, might be wrong, but I need to know more ”FACTS”, not the stuff the news media is floating around.
One of the new casts last night said she was more involved than the media is letting on. They saw court documents, I can't remember now exactly what was said. Either way there is more to come out as you said.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
George Floyd died of a drug overdose. The AG knew that info and sat on it while cities burned, people were beaten and murdered. HE is the one that ought to be in prison!! Floyd was saying he couldn't breathe before anyone touched him. Breonna got caught in the crossfire of her boyfriend and the cops. Witness says they knocked three times and announced themselves. Boyfriend shot first, cop was hit, they returned fire. Sad that she got caught in the middle. But people are acting like the police smashed in her door and murdered her. That is not what happened. I listened to our AG, a Christian my pastors daughter works for him, and he went down the line of what took place. A tragedy, certainly, but not murder.
No, actually Mr.Floyd died of suffocation while in police custody.
Eleven people and the boyfriend stated there was no announcement by police before they broke into the house. The boyfriend fired once as would any homeowner when they're awakened by the sound of people breaking in their door in the early morning hours and refuse to respond when the occupants scream asking who is it.

It is tragic, pathetic even, when we make excuses for police brutality and murder.
And as a point of note, the attorney general wasn't there. They know what they were told.
And we're suppose to exercise common sense when we learn after the killing of this young woman shot NINE TIMES by police, think about that if you will, the boyfriend shot at police once. And with good cause!
The cops shot a woman in her home nine times! And then let her lay on her floor without emergency assistance for twenty minutes while clearing the house of what? An army? Till she died.
Why? Oh, I'm thinking because a living recovered witness would do them no good when she's got a stellar credential as a witness being an EMT. When who was let to live, the one that shot first lived! By the way! Wasn't shot by the cops. The boyfriend let to live was said to be a drug dealer.

The other thing about this? The cops had the wrong address! The cops broke into the wrong house and opened fire when they heard a shot go off!
Three plain clothes cops broke into a home unannounced and opened fire when a homeowner defended his home.

Common sense overcomes the lies by officials. No knock warrants are now banned due to this killing of Ms. Taylor. And a new rule went into effect regarding cop body cam's.
If all this was kosher, which it never was due to the fact the cops had the wrong address, new policy wouldn't have been put into effect due to what happened. The telling part? That no knock warrants are now banned.
Due to what happened to Ms. Taylor.

Cops can lie all day long. And they do. The body of their victim speaks eternally.

And P.S. Grand Jury proceedings, transcripts, are sealed. The public do not have access to those.

K

kaylagrl

No, actually Mr.Floyd died of suffocation while in police custody.
Eleven people and the boyfriend stated there was no announcement by police before they broke into the house. The boyfriend fired once as would any homeowner when they're awakened by the sound of people breaking in their door in the early morning hours and refuse to respond when the occupants scream asking who is it.

So the AG is lying or... Why would he, a black man, want to lie or cover evidence to skew a case, especially knowing there were mobs waiting to burn down the city when they didn't hear the verdict they wanted?! That would make him positively evil. Mr. Floyd died of a drug overdose. He said he couldn't breathe before the cops touched him. Had he died at home it would have been ruled an overdose, that's what the medical facts say.

It is tragic, pathetic even, when we make excuses for police brutality and murder.
And as a point of note, the attorney general wasn't there. They know what they were told.
Yeah, that's his job, that's what we call evidence. He brought it, he did his job. The police didn't murder her, she got caught in the crossfire. BF shot first, they returned fire, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tragic but not murder.

And we're suppose to exercise common sense when we learn after the killing of this young woman shot NINE TIMES by police, think about that if you will, the boyfriend shot at police once. And with good cause!
Ok I'm not a cop, but we do have one here,maybe more than one. So they can correct me if I'm wrong. How do the cops know he was only going to shoot once? One of them was hit. Were they suppose to ask him to kindly stop?

The cops shot a woman in her home nine times! And then let her lay on her floor without emergency assistance for twenty minutes while clearing the house of what? An army? Till she died.
Why? Oh, I'm thinking because a living recovered witness would do them no good when she's got a stellar credential as a witness being an EMT. When who was let to live, the one that shot first lived! By the way! Wasn't shot by the cops. The boyfriend let to live was said to be a drug dealer.
We need to wait till all facts come out. If reports coming out are true Miss Taylor is not as innocent as the MSM are saying. She seemed to have been tied up in this and there was a reason her name was on the warrant.

The other thing about this? The cops had the wrong address! The cops broke into the wrong house and opened fire when they heard a shot go off!
Three plain clothes cops broke into a home unannounced and opened fire when a homeowner defended his home.
I listened to the entire report from the AG, nothing was said of being at the wrong home.

Common sense overcomes the lies by officials. No knock warrants are now banned due to this killing of Ms. Taylor. And a new rule went into effect regarding cop body cam's.
If all this was kosher, which it never was due to the fact the cops had the wrong address, new policy wouldn't have been put into effect due to what happened. The telling part? That no knock warrants are now banned.
Due to what happened to Ms. Taylor.
Rand Paul came out with bill before the AG came out with the charges. This was not a no knock warrant.

Cops can lie all day long. And they do. The body of their victim speaks eternally.
Sorry, that is an emotional and judgemental statement. I agree with your POV often, but not on this one. That's a broad brush you are using to paint an entire profession. It's wrong. Tragic situation, not murder.

And P.S. Grand Jury proceedings, transcripts, are sealed. The public do not have access to those.
Right and there is a reason for that. It will all come out in the trial. Then we can be armchair cops and lawyers. Until then there are still facts to come out. So we wait.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
So the AG is lying or... Why would he, a black man, want to lie or cover evidence to skew a case, especially knowing there were mobs waiting to burn down the city when they didn't hear the verdict they wanted?! That would make him positively evil. Mr. Floyd died of a drug overdose. He said he couldn't breathe before the cops touched him. Had he died at home it would have been ruled an overdose, that's what the medical facts say.
That is not what the coroners report said.

Yeah, that's his job, that's what we call evidence. He brought it, he did his job. The police didn't murder her, she got caught in the crossfire. BF shot first, they returned fire, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tragic but not murder.
She was in the hallway. And now reports are saying Mattingly was likely shot by another cop.
The BF was released and any charge against him was dropped. Wonder why that is?

Ok I'm not a cop, but we do have one here,maybe more than one. So they can correct me if I'm wrong. How do the cops know he was only going to shoot once? One of them was hit. Were they suppose to ask him to kindly stop?
Those are the risks when serving a no knock warrant. Jefferson Circuit Judge Mary Shaw approved that warrant.
In 2014 it was reported cops nationally execute over 20 thousand no knock warrants per year. Ms. Taylor's apartment/home was considered a soft target. KNW's are executed on high risk targets.
Eighty-one civilians and 13 law enforcement officers died executing such warrants between 2010 and 2016. I would wonder at the numbers to date but haven't found a source.
The extreme use of force by police in this case is still under investigation by the FBI.

We need to wait till all facts come out. If reports coming out are true Miss Taylor is not as innocent as the MSM are saying. She seemed to have been tied up in this and there was a reason her name was on the warrant.

Dirtying the victim is low. But that's MSM. She had no record and was not a suspect.
Her name was on the warrant because police suspected her BF of something. He'd given her address and phone number as his own on different documents prior to this raid.

I listened to the entire report from the AG, nothing was said of being at the wrong home.
It was an internet rumor about the wrong address. Fascinating that it started just after she was killed.That part in my remarks was in error earlier.

Rand Paul came out with bill before the AG came out with the charges. This was not a no knock warrant.
Breonna's Law" was passed by unanimous vote by Louisville's Metro Council Thursday June 11th.
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul's bill was entitled the Justice For Breonna Taylor Act. Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer signed the bill as soon as it hit his desk. As promised. This should be a matter of a national ban.

Odd Senator Paul would go to this trouble if this was not a no knock warrant entry. The incident report of this shooting, murder in my view, appears almost totally blank. What's to hide? If everything was on the up and up?

Louisville police release the Breonna Taylor incident report. It's virtually blank

Seized property log. Notice anything?

From the link:
Police Officer Kelly Hanna Goodlett "originally identifies the Elliott search time at '12' on the warrant execution form, only to subsequently add a faint '40' later on to give the impression entry was made around the same time as entry to Breonna's," Aguiar wrote in the document.

A copy of the seized property log turned in to the Circuit Court Clerk's Office after the March 13 search shows the original time of search scratched out and replaced with "0040" on both pages of the document.

The time of the first item seized is logged as 0120.

Sorry, that is an emotional and judgemental statement. I agree with your POV often, but not on this one. That's a broad brush you are using to paint an entire profession. It's wrong. Tragic situation, not murder.

This entire discussion is emotional.
My opinion, opinion, is based on personal experience over years of time. Further, if you'd have read my statement rather than post your emotional and judgmental remarks you would have seen I did not broad brush anything. My remarks pertained to those cops who do offend by lying. Cops can lie all day long. And they do. The cops that lie are the ones I'm referring to. And they do exist.
If I would have said, some cops lie all day long and do, what then? The question, which cops?

Right and there is a reason for that. It will all come out in the trial. Then we can be armchair cops and lawyers. Until then there are still facts to come out. So we wait.
Ah, but the ones opining about this shooting here on whatever side of the issue are not waiting.
You say that above and that we need to wait till the facts come out, but three pages and counting demonstrate those participating in this thread are not waiting.

Wanted to post this last for a reason. This is the nearly blank four page incident report. ( Notice anything? Keep in mind my former remarks about lying cops as you look it over and particularly under the header, Victim. (Ms.Taylor's information)

By the way. The incident report is a fact.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Off topic but do we have any good evidence yet to prove that covid 19 was purposely released by China as a bio weapon? Liberals are still saying it was an accident.
It was a weak bioweapon (original sars sample was stolen from a lab in Winnipeg) used as a cover so they could purge the commie haters (people protesting against the ccp) under the cover of a "plandemic" (it's not 1989 anymore they can't just run protesters over with a tank anymore). They needed to build body incinerators to get rid of the large numbers of dead. 100 million cell phones deactivated in feb. (10% of population).

Any other nations have 10% of the population die? no. While older people do tend to have a harder time with it, but remember older people also die from the flu and other sickness. and that worked in commie china favor as well as the more old people who died means less people commie china has to take care of.