Oh Boy where do I start? and ????'s

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Renee49

Oh Boy where do I start? and ????'s
I posted this in the wrong spot when I first started, I think
Hi everyone, I am new here, and I guess I really need a bunch of help finding my way thru this thing called life right now. I will try to be as brief as possible, but I am dealing with many things all at once. I am going to tell you about the things that are causing me the most confusion right now.
I lost my husband 9 yrs ago, he died after a 17 year battle with cancer. We had one lovely daughter. So when he died I was left running his Hydraulics/machine shop business. After a couple of years of that, the business was going down quick. I sold the business to a couple of guys, and I maintained ownership of the building. for six years I recieved a decent living from the rental of the property. Then they wanted to buy the building, I had sign an option for them to purchase, so basically I had to sell. But in the due dilligence process they found that the property was contaminated, so of course no bank willl lend money for that. so for 6 years now I have been involved in a legal fight over who is responsible for the contamination.
As a side note....we both operated with the contaminant......Also prior to them taking over I did have enviromental testing that showed a very small amount of the contaminant in one area......So I signed on the line that I was responsible for that.
Now there is test showing contamination everywhere on the property, and some very high numbers in some areas.
So the fight started and is still on to lay blame.In the meantime I have been spending all the money I have to fight this. spending to a place that I never felt I would ever be.
In March they gave up the business here and packed it in, So I have had less than nothing for income since then. I am living off the equity in my home.
In June 08 gotten remarried to a nice man, who does the same line of work, My first husband did. He is the same only different. The stress between us now is money for one, but the bigger stress is that he is trying to create his own business in my building, and I do not see him as organized enough to run a business successfully, and it takes money to make money. and we have none (I know I sound like a terrible person) I do respect my current husband ability to do the work and do it very very well, I just see too much disorganisation to become a successful entrepeneur.
so basically I try to let things be, leave it in God hands etc. But I am very scared, the stress is so high I am on basic survival mode right now, and I am trying to be proactive and help myself. But I really don't have a clue what to do.
I think I know what many of you will be saying to me, :( but I will wait to hear from you. You can let me have it, I am looking to be told, so I will be as open as I can.
Thanks for allowing me this space and time.
Renee

G

greatkraw

are you saying you have CASH he wants you to inject or is he just running the old business, which he knows something about, in a new way?

As long as he is not asking you to inject fresh cash(draw the line there) consider showing him some faith and support

no doubt your doubts in his ability he has picked up on

people are either organised and inflexible or the opposite or somewhere in between

in some businesses flexibility is the key thing

ultimately you are God's responsibility and he has promised you Logistical Grace Support - ie you are God's child and he is responsible to see that you have food clothing and shelter

R

Renee49

Thanks Greatkaw,
I am grateful for your advice. i am tryng to draw the line at not injecting my own money. I have allowed a little lending, but so far he has be pretty good at paying it back in a decent time frame. I also would not allow it to get right out of hand.
I am really working hard to be more supportive. I have aggreed to help home out with organization in lots of areas. this will be hard as I do have my own business to take care of also. I will work a little harder, but try to use my time more efficiently for a period of about 3 months, then we will know if that works better for us or not.
I am also trying very hard let go of STUFF ( Uneccesary posessions etc.) and get down to the basics of life. I feel I am having good success with this, but when it is hard to pay the bills or by groceries, the stress brings me to a very unpleasant place.
Thanks you again, I will go to the scriptures you have noted.

G

greatkraw

take care :)