Ohio Woman Tased for Not Wearing Mask

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
Its never too late to pray but do i pray that God changes the direction in which the world is heading?
I kind of feel rude asking God to stop and change the course of the world just because i think so...
So i pray that God gives me and my loved ones the strength to persevere and carry the cross through these worrying times

I think there is more to all this than just covid... The world is going through a massive change for the worse.
Unfortunately I believe you are correct. And now it appears to be the whole world is in upheaval from the norm. Or what each region previously saw as their norm.
I want to ask you about the part of your post where you said about prayer and your thinking it being rude asking God to stop and change the course of the world. Going with that, how do you consolidate that opinion with all those parts of the bible that have God telling people to pray. Even Jesus said something like, ask for something in prayer using his name and he'll answer with what you ask for.
I'm sure that isn't how it is actually written but you may know the verse.

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
Fascinating isn't it?
The NET Bible (New English Translation) is a completely new translation of the Bible with 60,932 translators’ notes! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. Turn the pages and see the breadth of the translators’ notes, documenting their decisions and choices as they worked.
The translators’ notes make the original languages far more accessible, allowing you to look over the translator’s shoulder at the very process of translation. This level of documentation is a first for a Bible translation, making transparent the textual basis and the rationale for key renderings (including major interpretive options and alternative translations).
This unparalleled level of detail helps connect people to the Bible in the original languages in a way never before possible without years of study of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. It unlocks the riches of the Bible’s truth from entirely new perspectives.

Read Preface
I like that information. Thank for that.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Unfortunately I believe you are correct. And now it appears to be the whole world is in upheaval from the norm. Or what each region previously saw as their norm.
I want to ask you about the part of your post where you said about prayer and your thinking it being rude asking God to stop and change the course of the world. Going with that, how do you consolidate that opinion with all those parts of the bible that have God telling people to pray. Even Jesus said something like, ask for something in prayer using his name and he'll answer with what you ask for.
I'm sure that isn't how it is actually written but you may know the verse.
Just to be clear im not saying not to pray at all... Im specifically talking about praying to change the course of the world.
Isn't it all predestined... Hasn't it already been prophesized...

I do recall the verse you are talking about... Does it mean all the pain and suffering in this world will go away when i pray for it?

We are also told not to put God to the test and so i guess i feel like asking such a big thing from God could be putting him to the test.

Im also reminded of the thorn in the flesh of Paul and I... We both prayed for its removal and we both got the same response...

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
Just to be clear im not saying not to pray at all... Im specifically talking about praying to change the course of the world.
Isn't it all predestined... Hasn't it already been prophesized...

I do recall the verse you are talking about... Does it mean all the pain and suffering in this world will go away when i pray for it?

We are also told not to put God to the test and so i guess i feel like asking such a big thing from God could be putting him to the test.

Im also reminded of the thorn in the flesh of Paul and I... We both prayed for its removal and we both got the same response...
Is all of it predestined? All of it?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Is all of it predestined? All of it?
To be honest... I don't know... I have given this some thought before... How much is predestined...
Am i destined to have a steak for dinner... I don't think the bible gives a conclusive answer as we can quote scripture to build either argument.... What do u think?

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
To be honest... I don't know... I have given this some thought before... How much is predestined...
Am i destined to have a steak for dinner... I don't think the bible gives a conclusive answer as we can quote scripture to build either argument.... What do u think?
I'm with you on this.
Admittedly it has been ages since I read the bible. As I recollect there in one of the testaments is the reminder about this. Going from vague memory please bear with me.
We think we make our choices but God puts us on the path he wants us to follow.