Old Fashioned in a New Fashioned World

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shrimp

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2011
1,188
39
48
I may be young, but I'm old fashioned.
I like long dresses and modesty
etiquette is my study
I ask my husband's permission
and treat him like a lord
with home cooked meals
and dishing his plates.
I read God's Word to my daughter
and count to her with my fingers
She's not allowed a lot of things
at least for a while.
We sing for entertainment
and we play board games.
I sew, knit, and crotchet
and will teach my daughter the same.
I try to follow God's word simply,
without too much fuss.
I believe in obeying the law
Not just for salvation
but because of salvation
I get frustrated
when I see mothers and fathers
on the technology.
they ignore their kids.
I love playing peekaboo
and don't mind saying "no".
Long hair is a woman's glory.
men and women shouldn't be alone together
unless they're married.
I don't like inappropriate contact.
I think tattoos are taboo,
and piercings too.

I can't expect you to understand
nor can I make you live like I do.
But please do not degrade me
When I say what I would do.
Don't try to dismantle my life,
for this is what I'm called to.
Please know that I change day to day.
For God is making me better
in His own special way.
Thank you for reading
my terrible poem.
I promise not to do it again.