Old Friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blueorchidjd

[SUP]I find it ironic whenever God brings us to the places of stillness and the changing of chapters in the books of our lives.
I realize this whenever I am alone and I contemplate the meaning of how he has set me apart from my past life of living in the world and how I have began to detest the things that I used to find funny.
The things that used to be ostentatiously hilarious, vulgar and extravagant for example.

And whenever it comes to visits with my old friends it becomes most apparent.
Friends notice the change in personality as they bring up old memories and jokes that used to tickle your sides with laughter.
Now it is that you wish you were elsewhere, and you've come to the realization that time is speeding up on you faster than a runaway train.
The urgency of the gospel becomes so much more apparent to you.
Other things become more difficult:
The feelings of trying to help your old friend to understand who you are now and how God has enveloped the true presence of your life.
It's kind of a paradox to them as you look them in the eye and share the old heartfelt smile that used to give you a honey-breath feeling in your stomach, but now casts a shiver down your spine.
[/SUP]

L

LM

Wow, so true! Awesome that you're getting this revelation early! Keep going!